What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Rules of engagement.

LONG BEARD

LONG BEARD
Donator
Hello there fine peeps!

I have consumed the rulebook several times to make sure I know what to do and not to do.  That said, I've encountered a couple of situations that had me wondering what I could do.

1. Self Defense. I recently drove past someone out in the country side and they opened fire on my vehicle. I continued driving and lived. I had a friend in the back. We discussed stopping further down the road, getting out, then going back on foot and taking him out.  The reason we didn't was because in the rules it said you shouldn't shoot at anyone without first initiating RP. Of course 'he' didn't do this, but still clarification would be great.

2. Assisting a victim of crime. I came across a guy being held up at gun point. My first instinct was to sneak up on the perp and take him out from cover. He was after all putting someone's life in danger and in a realistic situation (if I had a gun) this is probably something I would have done.  Warning him of my presence would give him time to react, call friends etc.  What would be the response to this that's within the rules?  What I DID do was call the cops however, when they arrived and took my statement, (within earshot of the perps), the criminals didn't get arrested and instead ran around after me calling me a snitch and telling me I was going to 'get it' ?. I lost a little faith in the law enforcement system that night!

To expand on point 2, I called the cops because it was in Kavala and knew they would likely arrive in time. I've called the cops a couple of times before, (once when someone tried to hold me up at the hand gun store), only to find the cops never arrived, most likely due to the distance. So if I encounter an armed crime in progress out in the sticks, would using deadly force in this circumstance be permitted.

Sorry, I know reading these points make me sound like a trigger happy vigilante, but really these are the only situations I've encountered were I've not known how I should react when it comes to the rules.

Many thanks for your time.

1. Self Defense. I recently drove past someone out in the country side and they opened fire on my vehicle. I continued driving and lived. I had a friend in the back. We discussed stopping further down the road, getting out, then going back on foot and taking him out.  The reason we didn't was because in the rules it said you shouldn't shoot at anyone without first initiating RP. Of course 'he' didn't do this, but still clarification would be great.
If someone engages you directly or threatens your life, you're allowed to protect yourself. From what I can read here, I take it was a failed RDM attempt and in such case your are allowed to shoot back to defend yourself. Just make sure that there isn't too much time between the interaction (in this case the shooting) and you opening fire on him, as the person who shot at you could've been involved in a gunfight and thought you were part of the enemy group instead of being an RDM'er. As a rule of thumb, make sure that you engage within 3 minutes. After that the gunfight is most likely 'over' and RP has to be initiated again. (I'm not 100% sure on this though).

2. Assisting a victim of crime. I came across a guy being held up at gun point. My first instinct was to sneak up on the perp and take him out from cover. He was after all putting someone's life in danger and in a realistic situation (if I had a gun) this is probably something I would have done.  Warning him of my presence would give him time to react, call friends etc.  What would be the response to this that's within the rules?  What I DID do was call the cops however, when they arrived and took my statement, (within earshot of the perps), the criminals didn't get arrested and instead ran around after me calling me a snitch and telling me I was going to 'get it' 
1f60d.png
. I lost a little faith in the law enforcement system that night!
If you approach a hostile situation without being part of it, (You and/or any gangmates/friends are not participating in the situation) you have to initiate separately and you're not allowed to open fire immediately, even if the robber threatens the life of the guy being held up. Make sure that in this case the robber is aware of your demands and has enough time to comply. ("Hey you, filthy robber! Hands where I can see them and quick! One wrong move and you'll have a bullet in the back of your head!".) If the robber doesn't comply with your demands, you're clear to shoot.

After you've got the situation under control, you can prevent the robber from calling his friends by either ziptieing him and remove his GPS or remove his radio/gps/phone in RP.

I hope this has helped!

If someone engages you directly or threatens your life, you're allowed to protect yourself. From what I can read here, I take it was a failed RDM attempt and in such case your are allowed to shoot back to defend yourself. Just make sure that there isn't too much time between the interaction (in this case the shooting) and you opening fire on him, as the person who shot at you could've been involved in a gunfight and thought you were part of the enemy group instead of being an RDM'er. As a rule of thumb, make sure that you engage within 3 minutes. After that the gunfight is most likely 'over' and RP has to be initiated again. (I'm not 100% sure on this though).

If you approach a hostile situation without being part of it, (You and/or any gangmates/friends are not participating in the situation) you have to initiate separately and you're not allowed to open fire immediately, even if the robber threatens the life of the guy being held up. Make sure that in this case the robber is aware of your demands and has enough time to comply. ("Hey you, filthy robber! Hands where I can see them and quick! One wrong move and you'll have a bullet in the back of your head!".) If the robber doesn't comply with your demands, you're clear to shoot.

After you've got the situation under control, you can prevent the robber from calling his friends by either ziptieing him and remove his GPS or remove his radio/gps/phone in RP.

I hope this has helped!
Many thanks, that has cleared up those situations.

Back