What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Run while cuffed/ add foot chains

SteveStacy

Donator
Donator
Brief Summary:

This one I feel is going to be praised from the crims and maybe not so liked by the police ahaha. I feel like you should be able to run when in cuffs/zip ties, from a logical standpoint it makes perfect sense, just because your hands are bound to one another doesn't mean you can't sprint. This I feel like will allow further RP in the majority of situations seeing as you can still "get away" even when cuffed or if you do attempt to run but get caught again, you'd get extra time on your sentence etc. Also, if this was added but the police wanted a way to fully restrain the criminal, why not add ankle cuffs? This would force your character into a walk only speed or possibly even slower which would allow for more "threatening" criminals to be properly restrained instead of just standard cuffs that everyone gets, to me it would make the RP just that tad better and feel more realistic. 

The Pros:

- More realistic RP 

- Possibility for extended RP 

The Cons:

- slight dev work on the "sprint mechanic" but maybe a bit more on the ankle cuffs

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

- Possibly, I can see both yes and no arguments. 

THANKS FOR READING! STEVE 🙂

Would be interesting but it will cause two things.

1. everyone will attempt to leg it and just waste time.

2. Every cop will just go win mentality and use the ankle cuffs every time defeating the point 

200.gif

If police was forced with a rule that you can only ankle chain after an initial attempt then maybe. 

1. everyone will attempt to leg it and just waste time.

2. Every cop will just go win mentality and use the ankle cuffs every time defeating the point 
Yeah, that is valid tbf, everyone would just leg it, but I guess if they do, they'd get a worse charge? like attempted escape or something? (I have no idea about any laws)

That rule what further complicate things but it would balance it more hmmmm

+1 from me i like that idea of this, maybe a couple additions to your suggestion? yes you can run whilst cuffed however disable the ability to climb things? as logically you wouldn't really be able to... another though is you can't get into a car unless the door is open? as your hands are cuffed.. think this would make it more fun and add a good level of difficulty 

-1 don't like this, seems more to be a time waster rather than anything beneficial.

if you fail to escape during the initial chase and get cuffed, that should be it imo

Back