What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

RX 480?

Elakin

Back from the dead
Unlinked
Just got my PC back from repairs as it had a busted GPU (RIP GTX 970) and they said they'd struggle to get another GTX 970 and so I'd be likely to get an upgrade to a 980. However, got it back and they've given me a Radeon RX 480.

Anyone know or have an idea of how this will run arma along with an i7 4790K?

used to run a solid 45-60 but heard this card won't be even nearly as good for Arma?

Can anyone shed some light to a computer muggle like myself?

pls and ty

@Zeito

RX480 is a good GPU on par with a 1060 but with more ram. Certainly faster than your 970, you should be plenty fine.

You may be confusing the issues with arma optimisation for AMD being a total ballbag for the CPU, AMD gpu's are perfectly fine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
RX480 is a good GPU on par with a 1060 but with more ram. Certainly faster than your 970, you should be plenty fine.

You may be confusing the issues with arma optimisation for AMD being a total ballbag for the CPU, AMD gpu's are perfectly fine :)
Yeah I knew about the CPU issues and didn't think it was the same for GPUs until I searched it when I realised they'd given me a new one and read people have had low FPS issues with it.

Hoping you're right though, it's been too long and if it is an upgrade as you say, well then it's not a half-bad day for me at all!

Thanks mate!

Would run perfectly fine with a RX480! Game is more CPU intensive anyway - you won't see any performance loss in Arma III

Totally capable card, as said ARMA is a CPU bound application. #LateToTheParty

Back