What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Scenes / Notes

ricosky

Unlinked
Brief Summary:

Add a command to add Scenes or Notes around the map that would act as Semi-Permanent /me's.

Detailed Suggestion:

https://forum.cfx.re/t/dpscenes-1-0-world-scenes-notes-standalone/2216847

I am suggesting that the server adds some kind of note/scene system. It would similar to /me, but instead of attaching to your character and being temporary, it would stay in a designated place for a certain amount of time (Likely until restart). 

The Pros:

I think it would greatly improve the capability for people to roleplay. It could be used for a variety of things. For example: a criminal might set up a crime where they leave clues for police to find, a gang member might use it to roleplay graffitiing something on a rival turf, a detective could use it to place down crime scene tape around a scene, or a business owner could use it to place posters advertising their business at various spots around the city. The possibilities are only really limited by peoples imagination.

The Cons:

The only obvious con I could see is that people could use to place offensive messages on things, however I do not think this will be a massive issue as A - the server already has chat filters that filter out certain words and B - there would presumably be a log kept of who placed certain notes. Perhaps it could lead to issues regarding performance if too many are placed but given the server has received a lot of optimisation over recent updates I think it should be okay.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

It does not because it is purely an optional feature, if someone doesn't want to leave things behind they don't have to. It would not directly impact anyone's gameplay.

Think this is a great idea, obviously abuse prevention would need to be a major factor as I can just imagine the front of pillbox and MRPS being plastered with slander, maybe adding an item to buy called "Sticknote" and pricing it around the 25k area might make it good.

would be an interesting addition but I wonder if it would negatively affect the server RAM / FPS issues for players on top of what is already a heavy server in terms of MLOs etc

Think this is a great idea, obviously abuse prevention would need to be a major factor as I can just imagine the front of pillbox and MRPS being plastered with slander, maybe adding an item to buy called "Sticknote" and pricing it around the 25k area might make it good.
I don't think that would be good, imagine say I was a serial killer and wanted to leave some clues behind for the police, say I wanted to leave about a bloody handprint, a dead body and then a murder weapon in the vicinity, I would have have to shell out 75k for that, meaning I'd have to do an hour and a bit of taxiing approximately to make it back.

would be an interesting addition but I wonder if it would negatively affect the server RAM / FPS issues for players on top of what is already a heavy server in terms of MLOs etc
I don't think it should, it's not a 3D model, just some coordinates and a string, it shouldn't take up much memory

+1 played on a few RedM servers with this, it is so simple yet adds so much depth to rp 

Can be interesting, and can setup some nice RP like finding your kidnapped friend but there is clues left behind

On the downside people will abuse the shit outta it, or some troll will cover town hall with racist messages unfortunately

But if you can moderate it then I'd be 100% yes

Side note not looking forward to the creepy ERP messages left all over the place

Guess it's time for us to place a thousand /me bubbles on a dev server and see what happens

As much as it would be a fun idea i reckon the server lag will outweigh the positives

As much as it would be a fun idea i reckon the server lag will outweigh the positives
Plenty of servers already employ similar scripts and don't experience much lag, its not like it's storing high definition MLOs or car models, its just storing some coordinates and text and rendering them when in range

Back