What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Scrap an owned vehicle for 33% of what you paid for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDM-4

Brief Summary: 

Scrap an owned vehicle for 33% of what you paid for it

Detailed Suggestion:

I have many vehicles that I no longer want and are hard to sell to others as they are so bad, but they are just taking up unnecessary space in my car parks and also the server. Let us scrap the vehicles for good for a small amount of money back, should be something easy to do as a vehicle transfer system already exists, so maybe something like /scrapvehicle and obviously you can only scrap your own vehicles that you actually own and not someone elses. Also, you only get 33% of the original dealership amount of the car when it was first bought through the first owner, and not the price they paid to a third party as then the system can be abused. 

The Pros:

Clears player car parks

Helps server performance

The Cons:

Time to code in

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Not really

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we saying that advertising the car in question for sale at 33% of the purchase value still sees you unable to sell it?

Are we saying that advertising the car in question for sale at 33% of the purchase value still sees you unable to sell it?
Yep, hell I have so many bad cars/bikes from my early days of the server that I'm willing to give them away for free, but I can't even do that since there's a 20k transfer fee. Don't know why the Devs wouldn't want more space on the server by scrapping cars tbh, it's win win to me.

I guess 20k is a large chunk of what you're selling it as. Won't dealerships buy them off you?

I guess 20k is a large chunk of what you're selling it as. Won't dealerships buy them off you?
Nope, like I said, they're just not popular enough vehicles to make profit off of (for the dealership), and the transfer fee means I'm probably going out of pocket to get rid of a car, once again, everything points to this scrapping idea being a great one, even if we only get 10% back for the scrap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sense to have a crusher/scrap yard then! There is one opposite maze bank arena I believe that could be a spot to do it

The second hand car market is very lucrative! 😉

Thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back