What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Searching people and removing property when they've been downed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheen

Make it possible to search and remove property from downed players (maybe make it only possible for the person that downed them to do so to prevent opportunists). Seems pretty logical to me as you'd be able to do this in a real life situation. 

The Pros: 

Make people value their life more and stop some people breaking this rule to keep items.

Logical to a real life situation.

The Cons:

May increase instances of RDM (can be dealt with through reports)

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? no

Will create more situations that people just look for any reason to shoot someone and loot his "body"

and have a great impact on Roleplay as a whole.

-1 from me.

Don’t think this is the answer but what about when In zip-ties instead? Would eliminate the rdm and its more realistic. 

Haven’t put too much thought into this just came into my head while reading, feel free to say why it’s a bad idea  

—————————

Edit - reading further back a few topics and seen a suggestion on this already, see a lot of cons of are RP being ruined by people just stealing your gun etc and running away. If RP is carried out properly then this can be done anyway due to having to value your life and co-operate. So I don’t see the difference in this being a thing as your already up to the point of having someone in zip ties. Having to trust them to value there life and drop the things on them creates more problems / reports anyways when people don’t want to lose possessions. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@MickMacF Yeah that could work. I do feel like there should be a way to take items in certain scenarios without having to rely on the other player cooperating. A lot of ruined RP situations because of it.

Lot of down votes but I feel like it's because of the fear of losing items that everyone on the server has. Logically in a real situation you should be able to take items by force one way or another.

This is way too open to being abused and provides no encouragement for people to be kept alive when they're robbed and would just lead to people using any excuse to kill and then loot people. The only thing that I can possibly support in this is the mechanic of only the attacker can loot them to stop opportunists. I feel this suggestion falls under the category of things that make sense IRL but have to sacrificed for the sake of RP. -1

This would just end up in random baldies VDMing Trojan, taking their guns and going on a mass RDM spree. -1

Unfortunately this is not a popular suggestion. Therefore this will be rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back