What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Security SIA Badge Holder

Azz

I wanted to suggest a security badge for people that roleplay security within the city, below is pictures of a badge I made which is a rough made version but you get the idea.
a6111d1363744c8a090ad06fee7d8a48.png
0ba164e592455e878a887c2c9b05d4f2.png

Let me know your thoughts on the idea 🙂

I think it's a good idea but let's control it a bit, rather than having its as a thing people can just get. Perhaps have it as a thing Gruppe 6 regulates, if people wear it, allow a mechanism that allows people to alt key it to "Check License Valid" and people if licensed pay a fee to Gruppe 6 to remain licensed. Its an idea and would give crim characters who have kept clean a new job to do.

Even have security contracts people can deploy these badge holders to at set times and areas for events.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea i do agree with Dean, make it somewhat "whitelisted" even if that just includes paying a fee to gruppe6, everyone being able to use it would heavily defeat the point of it as they can just imitate the people already there as security

+1 agree with dean on this atm, @Duke of Sussex do you have any thoughts about this due to Gruppe 6 being your thing in the server?

Forgot to respond to this. I think @ACI Dean Hastingshas already summed it up nicely, and I agree that the current suggestion as it stands would just lead to everybody suddenly being a mall cop security guard.

It also begs the question whether devs even need to add this functionality. A basic security outfit can be made in any clothing shop and the "certification" part can already be done in RP.

Forgot to respond to this. I think @ACI Dean Hastingshas already summed it up nicely, and I agree that the current suggestion as it stands would just lead to everybody suddenly being a mall cop security guard.

It also begs the question whether devs even need to add this functionality. A basic security outfit can be made in any clothing shop and the "certification" part can already be done in RP.
Having the badge as a separate piece of clothing gives people the opportunity to be creative with the outfits for work such as if the gallery wanted security they could wear a smart outfit with it then if a even wanted security they could wear something that fits the event this provides more realism instead of one outfit.

they could wear a smart outfit with it
Does this not defeat the purpose of the badge?

"Random Gallery Employee X" won't be SIA trained, so they're simply wearing the badge for the sake of it, watering down the point of adding the clothing item in the first place.

Does this not defeat the purpose of the badge?

"Random Gallery Employee X" won't be SIA trained, so they're simply wearing the badge for the sake of it, watering down the point of adding the clothing item in the first place.
Bit confused with your response here but from what I can gather, it seems that is a little far fetched.

I have not put forward an idea of how it could be disrupted however given the idea of clothing it could be put with however if it was a thing my idea would be that from everyones suggestions you could have it something they have to apply for to get the badge then they are able to wear it at a place of work.
If they then proceeded to wear it out of work I still wouldn't see a issue with this however it could give police more interactions by questioning people wearing it on the street.

Back