What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Selective Trash Cans

Gordon2

On A Spiritual Pilgrimage
Staff Team
Investor
Los Santos Police
I'd like the ability to essentially place items into a trash can instead of dropping things onto the floor. I think if you place an item in these trash cans that they would disappear after a storm. I think this was useful for a number of reasons. Players that like to roleplay vagrants or hobo's it would allow them to go around the map and search through dumpsters for items they could sell, use, or barter with.

It would help declutter select locations by allowing people or people who work at those locations (Kraken, PD's, Pillbox) to pick the items lying around and throw them into the dumpster. This would double back to the homeless people scrounging through the dumpster for useful things, giving them a bigger purpose in RP. I think this would also be beneficial to criminal characters as say they're in a Foot chase with the police and they manage to get to Pillbox and strip down to their underwear, they could dump their gun/knife/bat/etc into the dumpster and pretend like it wasn't them.

If someone picks a handgun out of a trashcan, then they run the risk of being punished for whatever that weapon is linked to. By having it wipe the trashcan/dumpster every storm you wouldn't run the risk of their being a dumpster full of machine guns somewhere. There could be something of an added mechanic like if you put something in there without gloves it leaves a chance to leave a fingerprint on the trashcan, but if people have been digging through it then the police can't just outright say you were the only person using the trashcan.

I'd say that having 100s or 1000s of trashcans would diminish the value of added functionality and would make this idea rather boring. I'd say there should be a trash can at high traffic areas like Alta St Pharmacy, Auto Exotic, Pillbox, The Kraken, Dealerships, etc. I think this would give it the functionality of being useful to people who use the mechanic to their advantage like police searching it for illegal items, hobos hoboing, g6 chasing hobos away from dumpsters, criminals being able to dump weapons in an attempt to skirt justice. 

Pros:

Decluttering

Potential for some dynamic use in RP

Cons:

Dev Work for a potentially unneeded feature. 

Potentially Unseen issues with the idea

Last edited by a moderator:
be also good for any useless evidence or evidence what not longer needed as case was dropped or CID CBA dealing with say someone was given a block of coke like when i was a ppc

be also good for any useless evidence or evidence what not longer needed as case was dropped or CID CBA dealing with say someone was given a block of coke like when i was a ppc
That was also another intention behind the idea, for example evidence bags when you hand back items to people just pile up on the floor. Instead of just asking for a blackhole type trashcan I wanted to see if I could come up with a more creative solution that could be not only practical but have roleplay implications as well. For example, if they put a trashcan in the evidence locker and for some reason there was hypothetically a shitload of knives and bats in there and someone breaks in and steals all that, then good on them for being Sam Fisher and making off with the loot. People love breaking into the police station, could help give it a purpose as well outside of just doing it for fun. 

Back