What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Server 1 - Microphone Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
Server 1 is our flagship roleplay server, Recently i have seen an increase of people who do not use a microphone and this for everyone involved is a bad roleplay experience.

As a trial for the next 2 weeks server 1 is microphone only. If the admins observe anyone or see any reports about anyone not using a microphone in-game we will issue a ban.

Server 2 will remain unaffected by this rule, If this trial is successful it will be rolled out to server 2.

Its now 2015... in 2014 not having a microphone was frowned upon... in 2015 its unacceptable. 

Hope your enjoing the weekend :)

Wilco

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see this, Tired of trying to roleplay with a guy who for one don't have a microphone, but also tries to rob me without a microphone and has terrible spelling, plus the delay it takes for him to write it.

If my mic would happend to break i would asume you have to take a break until you can play again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Wilco :)

I was fuckin' fuming one day when some guy was crying in sidechat because someone didn't listen to his warning that he TYPED, and how it was unfair no one took it into account he had no microphone, after all he said he didn't have one in sidechat SO WE SHOULD ALL KNOW.. yeah sure

Finally :) Too bad there can't be a script that just kicks you out if it detects no mic, but this should work as well :)

Fantastic news, glad to hear it.

For people without a microphone, you can pick a headset up on Amazon for less than 4 quid including delivery, so this isn't a financial obstacle and if you're too shy to speak, then I suggest sticking with server 2 till you've worked up the nerves to speak to strangers.

Fantastic news, glad to hear it.

For people without a microphone, you can pick a headset up on Amazon for less than 4 quid including delivery, so this isn't a financial obstacle and if you're too shy to speak, then I suggest sticking with server 2 till you've worked up the nerves to speak to strangers.
Yeah 

there have been times when i havent been able to use my mic, but i've always role-played it. i don see how that would be fair if im unable to talk but still role play ?

there have been times when i havent been able to use my mic, but i've always role-played it. i don see how that would be fair if im unable to talk but still role play ?
Becouse it sucks to be the guy talking to a chat

Because this isn't a chat room, this is a game and peoples focus are on their surroundings. If I'm trying to do something illegal like hold someone up and rob them, the last thing I want to do is constantly look at chat, when I could be looking around me for backup, police etc.

Plus voice chat is so much richer for RP, you can affect a different accent, put stress into your voice, even cough when there is smoke. All of these are impossible with direct text chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back