What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Server always full

I would rather have one large capacity GOOD QUALITY server than two mediocre ones. The problem is that Server one keeps getting more slots but no server upgrade, and it shows. On no other server have I ever seen DMT lag and just lag in general as bad as it is here.

I say either have two ~80 slot servers of the same box as now, or one ~150 slot server with a very good box. There are German servers with over 200 slots that perform better than RPUK (I'm not trying to advertise I'm just saying that it's possible)

I would rather have one large capacity GOOD QUALITY server than two mediocre ones. The problem is that Server one keeps getting more slots but no server upgrade, and it shows. On no other server have I ever seen DMT lag and just lag in general as bad as it is here.

I say either have two ~80 slot servers of the same box as now, or one ~150 slot server with a very good box. There are German servers with over 200 slots that perform better than RPUK (I'm not trying to advertise I'm just saying that it's possible)
Find out how the German servers do it and get back tome because ti ain't there server hardware.

I agree this could work mate, have like 80 slots on both server 1 and 2 and get a more even spread across the 2 maybe
The thing with this is Altis is HUGE. On the loading screen it says it is like 200km^2. That much space for 80 people is a bit dead imo. I would rather suffer the lag etc and have a lot more players. After all it is arma and we all must admit we love the ridiculous physics. 

The thing with this is Altis is HUGE. On the loading screen it says it is like 200km^2. That much space for 80 people is a bit dead imo. I would rather suffer the lag etc and have a lot more players. After all it is arma and we all must admit we love the ridiculous physics. 
Nah I disagree, no one likes to suffer lag. There needs to be a nice balance to ensure RP remains high quality, but if the demand is there then having two servers makes sense, and lowering the number to 80/90 per server would easily still keep RP, as the player base would spread nicely filling the two servers and allow a nice smooth game for everyone to enjoy!

Nah I disagree, no one likes to suffer lag. There needs to be a nice balance to ensure RP remains high quality, but if the demand is there then having two servers makes sense, and lowering the number to 80/90 per server would easily still keep RP, as the player base would spread nicely filling the two servers and allow a nice smooth game for everyone to enjoy!
I do get what you mean but 80/90 players would be a nice size for a map like Malden where it is much smaller, however on Altis it is Huge and It would make a lot more of the map ghostly because you would be loosing pu to 60 players when going down to 90 slots. Personally that would make me want to play less because there would be a lot less interaction.

We are aware of the situation regarding the difficulty when trying to log on the server during peak hours. Our Devs are working very hard to optimise scripts so we can increase the slots, in the last 4 weeks we have upped the slots by an additional 20 slots bringing it up to 140 total. Regarding S2 we placed it online last night between 9:41 onwards and kept it on past midnight to monitor the usage and the total player count did not pass a max total of 12 players where S1 remained at 140 consistently. We'd hoped that all the people spamming trying to get on S1 would goto S2 instead but that didn't happen. 

From.what I guess you could call market research we have found most people will prefer to spend 20 mins spamming to get in rather than just join S2 and let the population growth on said server. 

As I elaborated our Devs and management are aware of the issue and are working very hard to increase the player slots and also keep all the scripts optimal for low lag gameplay, it's not as simple as just changing the player slot limit and I assure you we are at the maximum budget for our hardware for our servers so it is not a hardware issue.

So:

1, Devs are trying to increase player slots

2, Its not a hardware or bandwidth issue it's a script optimization issue

3, We have been implementing changes in the last couple of weeks to improve the service

There is nothing else to discuss. We are aware and working hard to improve the service. Nothing will come of this talking back and forth about the issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience you face when locked out and having to spend to get in but we are working hard to resolve the issue. Again we are sorry but this post is going no where.

If anyone has any helpful suggestions please post, if this isn't going anywhere which seems to be causing further distress then this post will be locked.

get the Bohemia devs to make one. Aint something the devs here can do.

Been said by devs before fyi
i know, thank you for assuming i was derecting criticism towards the devs 🙂

Back