What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Server restart queue / slots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith

Krypton
Unlinked
As it stands, there is a somewhat lengthy queue around the 8PM restart for the whitelisted factions priority queue. It seems as if the number of people in said whitelisted factions who manage to join the server quickly enough at the restart (ie not getting put into the priority queue) is small, relative to the number who try to join in the first 5 or so minutes.

My suggestion is that at a server restart, for the first 5-10 mins, a number (TBD) of slots is put aside that civs cannot immediately jump into, such that members of whitelisted factions who are trying to join at a restart don't have to then wait 40-60mins to join the server. If the point of the priority queue is to give these people a priority in joining the server, then IMO it would make sense at a server restart to hold a number of slots that only whitelisted faction members can join, for the first 5-10mins, to avoid this problem, with those slots then opening up to anyone after 5-10mins.

That's even worse then letting people pay for priority queue. How can you complain about not getting priority queue'd if you only have to wait 40-60 minutes to get on? Do you realise that if you don't have priority queue and you miss the train only by 1 minute that you have to wait 4 hours to get into the game? Think about that one.

That's even worse then letting people pay for priority queue. How can you complain about not getting priority queue'd if you only have to wait 40-60 minutes to get on? Do you realise that if you don't have priority queue and you miss the train only by 1 minute that you have to wait 4 hours to get into the game? Think about that one.
The whole point of the suggestion is to prevent situations wherein for the first hour of a server restart, there may only be 1 NHS for example because the rest are stuck in the queue. I think that having arguably your busiest hour of the server go by with minimal numbers of members of whitelisted factions on is something that can and should be improved upon.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole point of the suggestion is to prevent situations wherein for the first hour of a server restart, there may only be 1 NHS for example because the rest are stuck in the queue. I think that having arguably your busiest hour of the server go by with minimal numbers of members of whitelisted factions on is something that can and should be improved upon.
Your suggestion is valid but it seems extremely unfair in a way. Yes police do a great job but the police get a quicker queue as it is... This will annoy and upset civs, in my eyes their is no fairplay in leaving slots open for police at the start of the restart. Why should they be even supreme slots other than priority? Think about the civs that queue 4 hours each night because they can't afford a top end PC to get in.. That is just my thought on what you said. 

What would the numbers be?

With what's suggested I see the reasoning behind it, but then you risk having reserved slots of which might not get filled. Across the whitelisted factions you might have 50+ slots but only 20 get filled with whitelisted roles - 30 slots remain unused. That's 13% of the capacity of the server.

Current method only prioritises those who actually are there to perform the role and join into it.

What would the numbers be?

With what's suggested I see the reasoning behind it, but then you risk having reserved slots of which might not get filled. Across the whitelisted factions you might have 50+ slots but only 20 get filled with whitelisted roles - 30 slots remain unused. That's 13% of the capacity of the server.

Current method only prioritises those who actually are there to perform the role and join into it.
Have like 20 slots, and only reserve them for the first 10 mins of a restart, and then free them up afterward.

Have like 20 slots, and only reserve them for the first 10 mins of a restart, and then free them up afterward.
I understand Police and NHS have a job to do mate but for fair play in my eyes and many others it is first come first serve. You already get priority of queue what more do you want? I've waited the 4 hour queue multiple times. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back