What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Shadows Skinning Workshop

ShadowDirector

[President] Johnathan Jones
Staff Team
lCLNsEy.jpg

Greetings...

Now I have spent a little while skinning I am now going to notify you all on where I think I stand with skinning certain vehicles, I have done a few skins on the the following vehicles:

• SUV
  • Van
  • Off Road
I would like to expand my knowledge on skinning and by doing so I am now going to attempt to skin the following vehicles:

• Jeep
  • Hatchback
I am also looking into skinning clothes as well, and my first project will be making a Taxi Uniform for my recent Taxi design. I am really exited to get into this and hope everyone continues to support me, thank you to the select few that have been supporting me it really is appreciated! - Not only that but I will be looking into skinning Planes - Jets - Helicopters as well just not right now as I do not think i am ready for that but I can confirm that my first attempt will be on the Hummingbird. 

I will see you all very soon as I have a ton of new Designs being speculated and Designed for you all to see and help me improve on! - Thanks Again.

-Kind Regards

(SOS) Gen. Faheem

xmrQXpG.png

cK0obf1.png

General Faheem

Last edited by a moderator:
Sexy, i would like to see these on the streets of altis
The clothing clothing skin shown in this picture is not a skinning attempt, its just there to show that I am looking into skinning clothes. 

@ShadowDirector I do not want to sound harsh and I do not want you to take this the wrong way, so use it as feedback and up your game.

That skin you are showing off there i could do in around 5 mins in Photoshop and do it better... where on our streets do you see skins of this quality or with strange tigers on the side ?

For the people liking this i know there doing it to be kind but sometimes people need some tough love so they can go back into Photoshop and produce something amazing, how is this skin better than the taxi one we actually have... it isn't.

We like to keep the server simple and copyright free hence why you do not see thousands of skins on the server.

Well done for actually doing something, Arma textures have never been easy especially on some vehicles but right now from what I have seen nothing is usable hope you take that on-board and come up with some surprises.

@ShadowDirector I do not want to sound harsh and I do not want you to take this the wrong way, so use it as feedback and up your game.

That skin you are showing off there i could do in around 5 mins in Photoshop and do it better... where on our streets do you see skins of this quality or with strange tigers on the side ?

For the people liking this i know there doing it to be kind but sometimes people need some tough love so they can go back into Photoshop and produce something amazing, how is this skin better than the taxi one we actually have... it isn't.

We like to keep the server simple and copyright free hence why you do not see thousands of skins on the server.

Well done for actually doing something, Arma textures have never been easy especially on some vehicles but right now from what I have seen nothing is usable hope you take that on-board and come up with some surprises.
Any Feedback is good feedback, I would like to work with the community so I can improve overall. If they do not like something I will go back into P.S and do an entire new Design from scratch. its all about improving and that is all you can do.

The clothing skin presented is not an actual skin I am presenting its just a mess around. If you are referring which you are I would like to request some Feedback so I can further improve the said bad Design!

Thank you for your comment Wilco its appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you've been using alot of free-hand drawing on that car, hence the jagged lines. Would suggest you to do some research, dive deep into the webs and find the texture templates which is layered and grouped. Trust me they are there. What many people do wrong is when starting skinning is just grabbing the simple, flat .jpg or .png templates, and start paining over it. Dont get me wrong, you can do lots of great stuff with those templates, but having the layered .psd file makes it way easier, especially when you are at your level of experience. I'll be putting up some texture templates in .psd file on my personal archive website, though I dont know when. Coming Soon™. If you want, I can notify you when I have them up? Though as I said, dont know when it will be done so might take a while. 

Other than that, you will only get better with time! Take any feedback into consideration, maybe you one day you'll be able to join the dev/skinning team? Good luck!

Looks like you've been using alot of free-hand drawing on that car, hence the jagged lines. Would suggest you to do some research, dive deep into the webs and find the texture templates which is layered and grouped. Trust me they are there. What many people do wrong is when starting skinning is just grabbing the simple, flat .jpg or .png templates, and start paining over it. Dont get me wrong, you can do lots of great stuff with those templates, but having the layered .psd file makes it way easier, especially when you are at your level of experience. I'll be putting up some texture templates in .psd file on my personal archive website, though I dont know when. Coming Soon
2122.png
. If you want, I can notify you when I have them up? Though as I said, dont know when it will be done so might take a while. 

Other than that, you will only get better with time! Take any feedback into consideration, maybe you one day you'll be able to join the dev/skinning team? Good luck!
Yes, I actually find skinning very hard. It might be easy for some people but I find it really really hard, and you are right the stuff is free hand on the SUV. I did not know there was a Photoshop file for the SUV. I have been looking but could not find any so yes if you have anything that can help me please link it to me once its up! - Thank you for the comment. 

Back