What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Shooting through green/blue zone

Kaostic

Myself and another UNMC member had a situation with a police officer earlier today, and I was wondering if we could get some clarification, and potentially increased description of the rule.

The police officer in question got a darter out and went 200-300m above the police station. I shot the darter down from the Castle next to Kavala.

We then had a discussion about whether this was or wasn't breaking the rule about "shooting into a blue zone". A few points arose I wanted clarification about.

• Firstly; I couldn't find the rule about not shooting into a blue/green zone, just about not killing, having guns out, etc. Is there a rule for it?
  • Is there a height limit to the blue/green zones protection radius or does it go vertically up forever?
  • Can you shoot through a blue/green zone? (i.e. I'm on castle and a rebel is on old-drug dealer hill. If I shoot that rebel, have I broken this rule as my bullet went through the blue zone?)
My main reason for wanting clarification is due to potential exploitation of this, if the above two are the case.

• Exploit 1: You have a helicopter hover above a green/blue zone scouting for you. They are unable to be fired upon due to being in the blue/green zone.
  • Exploit 2: If I can't shoot through a green/blue zone, then anything behind it is basically a green/blue zone. (i.e. Using the previous example about the castle / hill, if I see rebels on the castle, I can go to the hill and scout in plain sight. They can't shoot me as they have to shoot through the green/blue zone, so anything that, from my position, covers the castle in a triangle, I am home free.)

Myself and another UNMC member had a situation with a police officer earlier today, and I was wondering if we could get some clarification, and potentially increased description of the rule.

The police officer in question got a darter out and went 200-300m above the police station. I shot the darter down from the Castle next to Kavala.

We then had a discussion about whether this was or wasn't breaking the rule about "shooting into a blue zone". A few points arose I wanted clarification about.

• Firstly; I couldn't find the rule about not shooting into a blue/green zone, just about not killing, having guns out, etc. Is there a rule for it?
  • Is there a height limit to the blue/green zones protection radius or does it go vertically up forever?
  • Can you shoot through a blue/green zone? (i.e. I'm on castle and a rebel is on old-drug dealer hill. If I shoot that rebel, have I broken this rule as my bullet went through the blue zone?)
My main reason for wanting clarification is due to potential exploitation of this, if the above two are the case.

• Exploit 1: You have a helicopter hover above a green/blue zone scouting for you. They are unable to be fired upon due to being in the blue/green zone.
  • Exploit 2: If I can't shoot through a green/blue zone, then anything behind it is basically a green/blue zone. (i.e. Using the previous example about the castle / hill, if I see rebels on the castle, I can go to the hill and scout in plain sight. They can't shoot me as they have to shoot through the green/blue zone, so anything that, from my position, covers the castle in a triangle, I am home free.)
I'm pretty sure that most rules like this apply differently on each situation. For example, shooting through a blue zone in the middle of a gun fight would be acceptable, and if someone was hovering it in you could take warning shots at them and eventually shoot them down if necessary. However, if someone lets say went into the blue zone or landed a helicopter there you wouldn't be able to shoot. I find that for quite a lot of rules they apply differently depending on the situation, and there's not really a definite way they are put in place. For example, RDM is broken all the time, but punishment changes massively depending if you go around Kavala green zone killing people, or accidentally shooting the wrong person in a gun fight. Each would be solved very different, with one giving an instant ban and the other being resolved on teamspeak with some compensation and an apology, while clarifying that it was a mistake. Just use common sense and do what you think's best depending on the situation, but always remember it's better to be safe than sorry and never do something you think or know could break a rule or get you in any sort of trouble.

An exploit like this is probably not used much if at all, and is really not game breaking and can't really be changed with precise clarifications as each situation will be completely different.

Hello guys.

All situations are different and non are the same, this includes the reason why there are different way to react and the different punishments for a rule that is broken.

I would like to point out that the police officer in question should have thought about his drone hanging within the green/blue zone and used comen sence by not hovering the drone in this zone.

If its hovering above these zone it could be seen as abusing the rules of the green/blue zone. again comen sence is key. 

If you ever see a helicopter hovering above green/blue zone your are not allowed to shoot at it.

Make sure you contact staff with the phone and let them deal with as the pilot is breaking aviation rules. 

If someone breaks a rule it dose not allow you to break them. ;)

Looking at shooting through the green/blue zone. 

Its a danger to shoot near or through a green/blue zone as it might be interpreted the rong way. It is better to run around and take the person our from a position were you dont need to shoot through the zone. 

Bad as Mystic said as well most of it comes down to comen sence.

Hope it helps.

Back