What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Shooting Tires

Is shooting tires a threat to life?

• Total voters
The times we've had the police warning someone verbally "Stop the vehicle or the tires will be shot!" when people attempt to flee from the Police in a HEMMT orso driving offroad, avoiding all spikes and 3 minutes later we begin opening fire on the tires of the HEMMT only to have his sniper buddies instantly firing on the cops and killing most of us is very poor roleplay it's just used as like @YoCo said as an excuse to kill everyone and get off with it easily. It's not difficult to just shoot back imidiatly there's no form of quality interaction with one another. I agree cops can be very powerhungry at times and sometimes rebels are afraid of losing their gear or narcotics but it's still a bit of a douche move.
maybe only the people who are actually inside the vehicle would be allowed to return fire as they are the ones whos lives are at risk and not there friends on the hills

@blaze1981 i think your friend can help you, thats why you have a gang/army right? Police are with a big group asswwel

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe only the people who are actually inside the vehicle would be allowed to return fire as they are the ones whos lives are at risk and not there friends on the hills
Usually it's both the occupant and his hill buddies who begin shooting at us.

​

🤓 Obviously in an ideal situation where suspects are using the road-network to flee from Law Enforcement, I would prefer spike strips to bring his vehicle to a full-stop. However I have seen it time and time again that suspects will use our lovely wildlife area's to escape from the APD. By doing this a lot of Bird species and animal species are disturbed, which we obviously don't want..  Therefor I don't think 'Shooting' someone tires should be considered initiation, instead it gives you another opportunity to role-play yourself out of the situation.​

If you are going to shoot at someone then you should always expect resistance. When I was in the police I hated when a badly trained officer would open fire on a vehicle when no other officers are prepared. If you are gonna shoot someone's tyres you should always do it while at a tactical advantage, and make sure everyone knows before you do it. There is no reason why you should expect someone to surrender if they have the means to defend themselves. You could even go straight to the other end of the spectrum and say if you believe the guy is taking you into a trap to just let them go.

It seems to be that shooting back is the clear winner and favoured option. 

I suggest people, especially police, to use spike strips more often. Having a chase can be quite fun, so shooting tires is probably not the way forward.
Not always possible to give chase. 

1. Suspect is with friends and giving chase will mean friends escape.

2. Police vehicle isn't close enough.

3. Police vehicle is disabled.

4. Police colleagues are too far apart for all to have enough time to enter vehicle meaning either 1 is left behind, or 1 is forced to pursue alone.

5. Backup is not close enough.

Solution to all above scenarios is to shoot tires.

I don't have a problem with shooting at tires being considered initiation and the occupants being able to jump out and spray the cops down but it is a two way street. If we go on the basis that shooting tires is initiation, then cops can legitimately rubber exiting suspects before they have a chance to start shooting. 

The main issue I have with this isn't the vehicle occupants, it's the 'mates in the area' who take out cops from range as soon as cops shoot tires.  

keep in mind also we always shout 'Stop or your tires will be shot', so it's not like there's any confusion as to what we're shooting at.

If I intiate and shoot at someones tires I'm not allowed to shoot them as I haven't intiated on their life, while they're allowed to shoot me? seems a bit unfair

If I intiate and shoot at someones tires I'm not allowed to shoot them as I haven't intiated on their life, while they're allowed to shoot me? seems a bit unfair
When you've shot the tires out, I'm pretty sure you can immobilise the person in the car. 

Unfair? You're threatening to shoot towards him and everyone knows just how unreliable richochet is along with peoples aim

Unfair? You're threatening to shoot towards him and everyone knows just how unreliable richochet is along with peoples aim
But If he dosn't die and his tire gets popped he gets out and can open fire and I'd have to stand and watch.

When you've shot the tires out, I'm pretty sure you can immobilise the person in the car. 
hm might be true. Could we get staff input on this?

But If he dosn't die and his tire gets popped he gets out and can open fire and I'd have to stand and watch.
Its the same as police say to us ''put your weapon down or you wil be tazed'' or ''Hand in the air or you will be tazed'' We cant shoot we cant defend we can only roleplay. I think we should be able to kill the police if they want to taze us becouse they can put us in handcuffs without we can shooot them, but with the tire situation the police have to watch and do nothing. I think as police if they see him jumping out the car with a WEAPON he can shoot, but if thats the case then we as rebel should be able to kill the cops asswel if they treat to taze us. Becouse as a rebel you want to escape sometimes killing is the only way out.

hm might be true. Could we get staff input on this?
I was asked by staff in the community meeting today to make a poll on this and it will be talked about in the next meeting.

With how the vote is going, I am pretty confident that shooting tires will be counting as a threat to life. Only going by what the votes are saying.

I'd agree that yes it is.

At the end of the day, you have taken the conscious decision to fire a lethal round at my vehicle, bullets can penetrate therfore I am well within my rights to defend myself, also consider that within RP it's a perfectly natural response to fire back at those who are firing at you as you'd really have no idea where that bullet is aiming nor if it was a "rubber bullet" or not.

In terms of RP. If someone is shooting at me, I'm not stop my vehicle for shit. No matter how 'bad' you think you are, only an idiot would return to an area where he was just shot at

If i may ask, if the police is standing in front of me and they say '' hand up or you wil be tazed'' can't we shoot back becouse their is no way of defending our self, without being a SUPER GREAT roleplayer, wich not everyone is. Isnt that counting as treat to your life becosue you go to jail prob is a treat to your life cant we kill the cops then?

As i've said elsewhere, it is not a yes or no answer.

If the police fire at tires, start chasing for a few minutes and your friends shoot them out, i'd say it's shit RP.

Same for if they fire one bullet before all your friends kill them

However, if you're in a 10 minute long chase and the police are constantly trying to shoot your tires, you go for killing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
IRL someone shoots your tires: "nah he's probably friendly, he probs just wants me to pull over to have a chit chat"...

that point of view is insane unless your on the heavy shit!

IRL people pull over when the police chase them and all do not carry heavy assault rifles ;)

Back