What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Show job on Licence or create a licence card

Jefke V

it used to say what job you had on the licence, For most jobs it doe snot really matter. 
but for a solicitor this does matter, yes there are ways to check it with the law book and validate the name. 
However there might be times your not near a law book, Its abit a hassle to proof your a solicitor. if your not near a law book. 
Might be a idea to add a solicitor card or something. or add it back to the licence

i would agree with this one, no need for it for the basic jobs but defo something similar to the police and NHS cards they can show you

This used to be a thing if I recall correctly but was removed because it could be used to identify undercover officers.

+1

Hunters and Park Rangers need to show ID to police and/or rangers to show they are legally hunting as the job would state "Hunter" on it.

G6 used the ID card as a form of identification too as they do not own an ID card similar to NHS/Fire and Police.

Would be quite useful to get the job back onto the ID or just make a new "Job Card" to show credentials for certain jobs that may need it.

This used to be a thing if I recall correctly but was removed because it could be used to identify undercover officers.
This isn't why it was removed :) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the issues people are currently having with ID cards, the main reasoning for it was the realism element. An obvious oversite of this has been that people that are not police have no way to confirm someone's job (Clients looking to confirm if someone is a solicitor or not.) We are looking into this, although currently the only possible solution is looking like creating individual job cards which will take a considerable amount of time. 

The removal of this came as a real surprise to me, and you've raised a good point about the difficultly this will provide for all our solicitors and judges, who are frequently asked to ID themselves by members of the public, police, NHS, G6 etc.

+1 to the suggestion, unless an alternative ID mechanism can be created for court staff.

To link into Norman’s point, (a whole different solicitor/judge ID) it could be similar to a warrant card. Something with a the same shape as an ID but a beige colour potentially with the court symbol. 

I reckon this ID would be quite minimal though, maybe just name and job?

I understand the issues people are currently having with ID cards, the main reasoning for it was the realism element. An obvious oversite of this has been that people that are not police have no way to confirm someone's job (Clients looking to confirm if someone is a solicitor or not.) We are looking into this, although currently the only possible solution is looking like creating individual job cards which will take a considerable amount of time. 
Yeah i do understand that, it will take some to make it, i just raised this as its a hassle to id ourselfs now 

Totally agree we definitely need some sort of ID for such people like park rangers and the hunters. 
I am the assistant head deputy and other than having a uniform I can not prove I am who I am. If a Ranger was to be fired they may still have clothes in their wardrobe and this to could cause issues especially if carrying a weapon. 
we do random hunter checks and this to could cause an issue if they can not provide ID. 

would having a warrant card style of ID work ??? 
not sure if this can be a thing. ?? 

Back