What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

[SOLVED imo] Best video editing software?

Unlucky George

Resident Rule Breaker!
Lifetime Donator
Unlinked
I'm a Final Cut guy, most people are Adobe. I've played around with this Davinci Resolve and I'm impressed. It's free FFS!!

Its even got a after effects equivalent which I haven't played with yet.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve

Video should auto play at 49mins.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this just me? 

f206428e41877933e8982b633b37cd5d.png

I use Sony Vegas just because it's the first program that I downloaded and can't really be bothered to learn another program. Kinda wish I knew how to use Premiere tho

Hmm... Looks interesting. Well, I did just reinstall windows so have been trying to decide what editing software to use, guess I'll give it a go.

Edit: Installation went mostly smoothly, just a couple of issues. Here's the solution that worked for me for anybody that runs into the same ones:

"Failed to initialize RED Decoder with the configured number of decoders." - Close all torrent related applications.

"Quick Time Encoder initialization failed." & "Quick Time Decoder initialization failed." - Run the program as admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Quick Time Encoder initialization failed." & "Quick Time Decoder initialization failed." - Run the program as admin.
Yeah I had the quick time error also. They will be moving away from quick time due to it being unsupported on Windows, much like Adobe is doing.

Will give this a go as well, Normally I use windows movie maker, before you crucify me it's just to nip all my shadowplays into relevant sections thats all the editing I really need. but would be nice to have something with the option to go a bit more detailed.

Will give this a go as well, Normally I use windows movie maker, before you crucify me it's just to nip all my shadowplays into relevant sections thats all the editing I really need. but would be nice to have something with the option to go a bit more detailed.
giphy.gif

If you only need to trim/compress shadowplay footage, i'd recommend using HandBrake. It's way faster than movie maker (HandBrake uses all cores at 100%)

If you only need to trim/compress shadowplay footage, i'd recommend using HandBrake. It's way faster than movie maker (HandBrake uses all cores at 100%)
Ill check that out as well, although I tend to edit whilst gaming so may not be the best idea LOL 

Back