What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Some questions about police chases and robberies

To begin with @Pikle Jusethose were just my personnel suggestions and appreciate you tell me what you think of them. I would be lying if i said i wasn't biased towards the police cause by nature everyone is and so giving your opinion on is much appreciated.

@ThomassYeh mate i hear ya but unfortunate due to (in my opinion) firearms incidences and little to do its led to nobody going the extra mile for RP and instead i can end this quicker in a gunfight.

I've also used people like @Hutchables84, and @cowleyand their rl experiences to build RP backstories, such as fire safety inspections for Banks, which consisted of 5+ documents, ID's, statement of works, invoices, companies house documents etc. Unfortunately the RP was never open enough to try rp things out.
Thats sick! How did you make those? just photoshop?

Want another example here we go the bloody leaflet excuses. It has been told to me both as police and when I am civ to just use the leaflet excuses. I first seen it in traids and i believe It was started by triads in the early days but have now just became universal cheap excuses. I have done many drugs bust and every bloody time i hear "am only selling leaflets / am only passing leaflets" Now for reference rather then using the excuses PoLiCe WaNt To WiN" think about the amount of times police are told this and have turned from a valid and reasonable excuses to literally just another way to say am selling drugs. You want police to start accepting Roleplay make interesting RP situations and excuses and police will more likely to accept said reason. Because some people may not be able to think of some here's just a few I've either done or encountered:
Sadly I tryed something like this, but since i was selling in from of the Chapel, the excuse was I was giving out Bibles and accepting donations for the church. Sadly this mattered nothing for the officer arresting me. He really follow the Police rules i got aware recently. "ASK, TELL, MAKE" - On this case i am sad to say that this officer wasn't in for a RP situation. Being fairly new at the server at the time, it was quite hard to see such lack of RP - even when i tryed my best to create an excuses there. OF COURSE i was selling drugs, because of game mechanics there is an handshake animation related to it, but in no circuntance drugs are to be seen, just an handshake. So sadly, when you see someone having an handshake with a casual it means they are selling drugs. (I saw recently a cop streaming that arrested a fellow JUST because they saw him handshaking casuals near him - just tasers out and pointed to him). This is why i agree that something ( if not most of the times) the police just wanna win no matter what.

Last time i sold drugs, I had my motorbike near me, in case of an escape, a unmarked police car comes to me, almost rammed me in the process, and screaming "police police police puts your hand up" - Of course i got on my bike and got away. What about trying to talk with me before and maybe talk me into admiting i was selling drugs, isn't it more fun? Maybe come to me and say something like "damm, i almost got runned over 2 times for those locals. Any luck so far?" - This creates, in my opinion, more RP scenarios. 

Once i was making plastic bag on a workbench and got raided by the police - something i was expecting to be honest. Something that could be considered illegal with me was only a wrench. - no guns, no drugs nothing of the sort. But i was clocked in as a mechanic and thought it would be a nice oportunity to create some nice RP there, saying i need that wrench since i am a mechanic - that is even clocked in. Well i got on cuffs ( that is the only way they have to search me, it is fine by me) they found nothing besides the wrench on me, they took it - no really explanation to it, i tryed to talk it out. I was the whole situation cooperative - asked every question, even open my vehicle for then to check, and even with my arguments they said "it was an offensive weapon" and their only argument was "i wasn't dressed up as a mechanic". They could check on the dashboard thingy i was clocked in as a mechanic, they confirmed it and still took my wrench away.
As i wasn't happy with this outcome, i head back to the police station and asked for the city laws - like for example what could be considered an "offensice weapon". There was a solicitor at the time near the police station, they just said it was an offensive weapon and i am allowed to have it on the car (inside a toolbox) but not with me further questions i could ask the solicitor, and left. - Again i was desapointed, because i went for a RP situation and try to understand what happened and why, and again this was just shuted down by an officer calling me pitty because i was asking such questions.
I have this idea ( but this may be off-topic) that the city laws aren't really defined - even if they are, no1 inside nor outside(forums) the game could point me exactly to them. This leads me to the question, if the officers don't know ( or aren't sure) the laws they should enforce, how can this even work?

Of course actions will create reactions and it will (as it already is) become a circle - as previously said, but somewhere this need to be broken. 

This is a game at the end of the day, where we all play to have some fun. If the situation doesn't go the way you want, let it roll further, see what happens. Don't get frustated nor exclude further possibilites or some possible nice RP.
Even when an officer is on duty and needs to talk with certain individuals - your character may not be looking for a social interation but it will always be a social interactions between 2 humans.

I can say that, on my second week ( i think) i was about to head out and call it a night, when i got robbed on my way to the pharmacy. I said "ohh... i was about to go to sleep" - the robber was so nice he told me "oh shiat, sorry mate go to sleep" - I was like.. no.. lets see what happens. "please, please dont kill me" -  I said. They understood i was ok with it and wanted to continued this RP situation. I ended getting stabed at the end. But it was funny as hell! With police coming and a huge argument fight between both parties.

Keep in mind that, every interaction you have on the server, even if your character is the most badass in the server, you will always interact with humans and that it what sets the fate on this server.

EDIT: Needless to say, this goes both ways. If you are caught doing some shady things, try your best to get out of the situation with nice RP - Not only the Cops are to blame here

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats sick! How did you make those? just photoshop?
Mainly, yes, but then also- for some things like a Companies House record, or even more fun, the register of charities, you can Right click > Inspect, and then start editting content and re-design most of the page in terms of content. It's just a really fun way of creating new RP scenarios. Not all of them will work, some have purpose built HOLES, to give an inquisitive detective a fighting chance of pulling the shit apart. Some naturally just have holes anyway.

The whole reason for them is to hopefully create interesting RP, and they're not built to be excessively rinsed out and repeated, because that's shit rp too.

Back