What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Sort out the police, or make it fair for gang members.

Alex Moreno

I wasn’t going to make this suggestion, but it’s gotten to the point now where we need to have a full community discussion with staff and developers about how the server is going with the police at the moment.

Firstly we need to talk about how overpowered the police are compared to gangs, In any situation with firearms majority of the time gangs will use pistols, firearms will have a SIG with 250 rounds + a fuck tonne more in the safe on there vehicle,  not only is that overpowered it’s unrealistic but that’s besides the point,  police will have anywhere from 5 to 10 armour on there person at anytime + more in there vehicle,  and then head armour same detail with that.  I’ve named 3 items and already police have a massive advantage over any gang in any situation, and your argument will be well gangs can have rifles and smg’s and armour and head armour,  but it’s not the same, on police it’s all free, and they have a vending machine of a vehicle where they can keep re supplying, in the case of gangs we have 250 max and 5 or so armour. 

to fix the problem of police being overpowered, police should have a single shot rifle, not automatic, this would help make situations more fair for gangs.

snipers shouldn’t be shooting from an armoured helicopter, snipers should be shooting from a building that can be overrun by gangs to give gangs a fighting chance

if I’m not wrong firearms has 32 slots, gangs have a max cap of 25, and half the time most gangs sit on around 13-15 people each night, the whole of the firearms team responding to shots is ridiculous.

CTSFO is counter terrorism not counter gangs, never in my life have I s The n CTSFO gunning down gang members who are fighting eachother, but ok it’s a roleplay server

this being said 

SAS since when does SAS attack a gang because they have robbed a police station but again it’s a roleplay server

also the win mentality of police needs addressing,  they have a drone, a helicopter, firearms, they can check plates, make a evidence report, why do they need 20+ firearms to gun down a person with a weapon it’s pathetic.

im not the only person who thinks this needs addressing.

take it upon your selves to argue in the comments staff are probably going to delete this anyway but honestly we need to talk about it, otherwise you’ll only see police on the sever you won’t see any gangs, we all talk, we all have opinions, let us talk about how we feel about the server .

people pay money to play here I don’t get why but fair enough each to your own. It’s alright your guys developing it but what are you gona develop when everyone’s gone because you don’t listen to us.

We make a big effort for everyone to be given a chance to leave
^^^^^ THIS !!!!!!

The audacity to lie like this, you are a funny guy, don’t lie police don’t let us leave, we get chased by a sniper and baited into a fight so you can shot your big guns and get an ego, or cry when you lose a situation and get containers staff raided. 

Get a grip.

Expand  
ive played on servers with caps. Its not fun. For either side. Like say 5 gang and 7 police. If we see all 5 gang members then it removes any fear. Unlike times where people have shot police from the crowd etc
I agree caps aren't ideal, it is a suggestion though to try something different. 

Police have always continued to have an issue with how crims RP for over the 2 years ive been here. Crims have always had an issue with police for the same stuff. 

It has hit a point now where it's causing gangs to log off because there's no way to move away from police. You leave and they ram and shoot out their cars. You reason with them and they don't care (this isn't every police character) but it is a mass of fraggers that have finished with their crims and moved to police to shoot their instead. 

dont fight the police head on if you stick arround a crime scene long enough for a large armed response to show up then sorry but you didnt quite understand this whole criminal stuff. If you then decided to still stay then dont be suprised that a fully armed police force in a large city is putting in effort to stop a large scale shootout. 
No gang wants to fight police, because they WILL lose, this is what the issue is as we are often forced into a fight by the police because as many have said, they get all these big guns and it is basically a win-win situation for them. Most of the time gangs do not get time to leave and will just be shot.

LMFAO going by how the police side is responding here clearly shows our concerns and issues that were brought up in leads were swept under the carpet, they honestly think there is nothing wrong with police on the server. soon you will be chasing locals no one is having fun no more 
Police mains will never change bro hahha, there is nothing wrong with what they do.

head armour got introduced for them to have the upper hand, they have 2 helis they can take out whenever they want half the time cause I stg that thing gets authorised for everything, they have mrap that just runs people over and then next thing the back doors swing open and you might aswell just see the light. 

Then they respawn go back to the station grab all their shit and it’s gg’s they’re ready to go again. 

The whole rule that you need to treat the PD like it’s fully manned is shit aswell, cause if that’s the case then gang turfs should be the same concept, the “locals” around the area should be seen as gang members imo and that there is someone always on that turf but heyho, police have to be overpowered.

Police Simulator soontm

The whole rule that you need to treat the PD like it’s fully manned is shit aswell, cause if that’s the case then gang turfs should be the same concept, the “locals” around the area should be seen as gang members imo and that there is someone always on that turf but heyho, police have to be overpowered.
Rip the concept when gangs first came around where locals would protect their f6 group

regarding the max ammo, it’s always authorised
I can guarantee you it’s not always authorised, I’ve been in the Police for coming up 2 years now, and although I’ve never been an AFO, I can genuinely count on 1 hand how many times anything more than 100 bullets have been authorised.

I can guarantee you it’s not always authorised, I’ve been in the Police for coming up 2 years now, and although I’ve never been an AFO, I can genuinely count on 1 hand how many times anything more than 100 bullets have been authorised.
I don't know about that one, I could swear that 90% of the time firearms are out, they have max ammo and maybe pushing 150 for a pistol too.

You cant keep tracks on everyone and everything they do.

CTSFO is counter terrorism not counter gangs, never in my life have I s The n CTSFO gunning down gang members who are fighting eachother, but ok it’s a roleplay server

this being said 
With the greatest of respect, your life is unlikely to lead you into a scenario IRL where you will see CTSFO deployed, in addition; they're not an overt asset. I've had CT's deployed on a fair few jobs and I've never worked in Counter Terror.

Firstly we need to talk about how overpowered the police are compared to gangs, In any situation with firearms majority of the time gangs will use pistols, firearms will have a SIG with 250 rounds + a fuck tonne more in the safe on there vehicle,  not only is that overpowered it’s unrealistic but that’s besides the point,  police will have anywhere from 5 to 10 armour on there person at anytime + more in there vehicle,  and then head armour same detail with that.  I’ve named 3 items and already police have a massive advantage over any gang in any situation, and your argument will be well gangs can have rifles and smg’s and armour and head armour,  but it’s not the same, on police it’s all free, and they have a vending machine of a vehicle where they can keep re supplying, in the case of gangs we have 250 max and 5 or so armour.
I have personally not seen more than 10-15 AFOs respond to any one situation, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but that it's certainly rare. I also only carry 3 armour as required. The vehicles aren't vending machines and usually carry additional ammunition and a baton launcher, they are not stocked like our armouries are.

I think the key point you're missing here is that the police are supposed to be overpowered. A government funded, well trained professional armed response unit vs some roadmen with albanian connections who get their hands on firearms any which way they can. You aren't supposed to be on a level playing field with that. Maybe rather than having massive shootouts with each other over turf (Which in my 10 years of policing IRL I have NEVER seen happen because they know they'd get locked up for it) switch to more sneaky methods, drive bys, stabbings etc which are all less likely to attract a huge armed response.

if I’m not wrong firearms has 32 slots, gangs have a max cap of 25, and half the time most gangs sit on around 13-15 people each night, the whole of the firearms team responding to shots is ridiculous
These slots are not currently full. Again, I've rarely seen more than 10 AFOs on patrol at any one time. Not to mention, there is one police force. There are a large number of gangs.

also the win mentality of police needs addressing,  they have a drone, a helicopter, firearms, they can check plates, make a evidence report, why do they need 20+ firearms to gun down a person with a weapon it’s pathetic.
Okay, so cops drone out, form a case against an individual. Now that individual with firearms and loads of mates needs arresting. What do you think happens then? 20+ Firearms do not gun down one person with a weapon, i'd like to see where that's happened.

Have you considered that if you are surrounded by armed officers that the option is to surrender? I have lost count of the amount of times where I've dismounted with 3 other AFO's on one person shouted "Armed police, show me your hands" and the gang member has responded by shooting. It's borderline NVL. If gangs were more minded to comply with overwhelming police firepower and instructions, the amount of gang members shot in these situations would decline by orders of magnitude.

snipers shouldn’t be shooting from an armoured helicopter, snipers should be shooting from a building that can be overrun by gangs to give gangs a fighting chance
I will concede on this point, I am not aware of a situation where police marksmen deploy from an aerial platform. You are quite right in that they are usually deployed on buildings. 

SAS since when does SAS attack a gang because they have robbed a police station but again it’s a roleplay server
Again, I can't really say I've seen that happen, the only time I've seen SAS deploy is during the Lost MC/LSPS arc which happened about a month ago. And also, robbing a police station is not something a gang has ever/will ever do? It's borderline suicide and they know it. If you attack a police station, you should expect to get absolutely massacred, it's even in the rules as a "fully manned police station" which exempts NLR.

I understand where you're coming from overall, gangs lose a lot of gunfights to police. But I disagree where the answer to that is to mega-nerf the faction as a whole. Instead, gangs should change the way that they operate so that they don't get a platoon of armed cops responding.

If you pull out 10+ war cars and drivers are armed, you're going to get a heavy response.

If you pull out one car with a guy in the back and drive by your rival gang's turf and are gone before a 999 call is made, then you're far less likely to get caught. In summary, I think your logic here is flawed in that the problem here isn't the police, but quite simply the simple matter that you cannot and should not be expected to get away with performing multiple mass scale shootouts in a city within 1 mile of two police stations.

Addressing the concern about firearms being considered overpowered, it's crucial to recognize that firearms represent the elite unit of any police force, whether in real life or within a gaming environment. These units are typically government-funded, resulting in superior equipment compared to criminals. It's important to note that the claim of carrying 250 rounds is subject to authorization, and even if permitted, there must be a valid roleplay reason for such ammunition. We adhere to set limitations on the number of rounds carried, as established by SFC.

When discussing the realism of the game, it's essential to acknowledge the distinction between the gaming environment and real life. While real-life police rarely engage in intense shootouts within town centres, the game's dynamics necessitate a more dynamic approach to engaging players. The game's portrayal of police activities diverges significantly from real-life scenarios.

The significant amount of armour carried by police is a necessity borne out of the frequent gunfights, stabbings, and car crashes they encounter. Restricting armour would lead to impractical gameplay, necessitating frequent returns to the police department for replenishment. Additionally, limitations on the number of helmets we can carry are enforced by the server. Helmet armour is indispensable for our survival during continuous firefights, and without it, firearms units would be at a severe disadvantage.

The availability of free police gear aligns with the roleplaying aspect of portraying a government-funded department. This ensures that police officers have access to better equipment and more items than their criminal counterparts, fostering a balanced and engaging gameplay experience.

In terms of weaponry, while gangs may have rifles, SMGs, and armour, it's crucial to analyze the situation. Criminals possess a broader arsenal and many one-shot kill weapons, such as the marksman pistol. They can employ unconventional tactics, like using bikes with shotguns, providing them with an advantage over the police. Furthermore, criminals are not bound by the same standards and regulations as the police when it comes to the use of force.

Criminals have numerous avenues to outsmart police, thanks to the absence of strict standard operating procedures. Yet, despite having the upper hand, criminal tactics often follow predictable patterns. A more strategic and diverse approach could tip the scales further in their favour.

Suggestions such as providing police with single-shot ARs or restricting the use of snipers in helicopters may seem impractical in the game's context. The prevalence of powerful weaponry among criminals would likely render such measures ineffective. Instead, encouraging creativity and strategic thinking among criminals can enhance overall gameplay.

Gangs could allways relax and act calmer for a few weeks I'm sure that would lower your individual threat levels that are assigned to each gang, once you all get low enough the firearms wouldent turn up as much l

That or go fight elsewhere l, I beleive when everyone was told take it out of the city it diden't mean go pelato which had a PD and a city hall I would imagine it meant more like out in the wild areas and woods or places less populated

the server has and will always be in the police's favour due to balance if it is not in the police's favour then the server turns into anarchy
not even the lost can fully win against the cops, and this is how it should be

CTSFO is counter terrorism not counter gangs, never in my life have I s The n CTSFO gunning down gang members who are fighting each other, but ok it’s a roleplay server
also mass shootouts are a CTSFO issue as mass shootouts can easily be declared terrorist incidents but for balance they are not classified as such on RPUK, if we went to the tee by the counter terrorism laws that are in the UK all RPUK gangs/groups would be classed as terrorist orgs, but again this won't happen due to balance, as THEN it will be unfair against crims

RPUK street gangs are not just random street gangs they are better classed as well armed militia's, IRL street gangs only have knifes and like 1 gun spread out between 50 members, if a group of 25 men fully loaded with pistols and hundreds of rounds of ammunition storm an PD and occupied IRL you bet Ur ass the PM and home sec will be alerted instantly and SAS will be called 

this is how the server is meant to be if you don't like it then tough

best way to put it you win some you lose some,
thats-the-truth-truth.gif

Gangs could allways relax and act calmer for a few weeks I'm sure that would lower your individual threat levels that are assigned to each gang, once you all get low enough the firearms wouldent turn up as much l

That or go fight elsewhere l, I beleive when everyone was told take it out of the city it diden't mean go pelato which had a PD and a city hall I would imagine it meant more like out in the wild areas and woods or places less populated
I should have said populations centres but we live and learn. 

Addressing the concern about firearms being considered overpowered, it's crucial to recognize that firearms represent the elite unit of any police force, whether in real life or within a gaming environment. .
If thats how we are going then, Its not everyday that I see firearms just driving around my local town and I certainly don't see them pull people over.

and again  with the ammo comment, everyone knows multiple firearms will carry 250 smg so they dont run out mid fight xD.

limitations on the number of helmets we can carry are enforced by the server. Helmet armour is indispensable for our survival during continuous firefights, and without it, firearms units would be at a severe disadvantage.
You yourself know that Police are overpowered because of their Head armour, they was a fight that happened recently that I was involved in that someone shot a firearms cop point blank with 7 shots to the head and and it didn't even crack the helmet armour. Firearms got given head armour to have an advantage over everyone else, you guys are handed guns, ammo, armour and everything else you could ask for just for that extra advantage.

Its a game at the end of the day, but cops are severely overpowered and also have the army, which all know and love as staff and devs, arrive to some gun fights, whether that be via a fuckin  F-15, an apache and or a gunner plane (ive seen this spawned in a fight I was invovled in), then there is crims that yes will fight with SMGS and full armour but have no way to fight against anything like that.

If we wanna delve into this whole irl shite, then realistically police do not always get a w, which is why irl people will get raided and have their doors booted in and so on, but with the RP from the police at the moment on the server its the opposite and if a scenario or situation does not go their way then its have a paddy and cry for a QE.

+1

I have been in the city on a crim for almost 3 years and the downfall of the city, from my crim perspective, is the win mentality of the police. I completely understand that the people who RP as Police are here to have fun too, but it is so one sided from a crim/gang perspective. Having access to weapons like snipers, SIGs etc and being able to run around with them with 0 consequence to losing them makes it feel like the police are here to frag. Countless times when I have been involved in gang wars does it feel like the police are almost baiting the gangs to shoot at them so they can all start shooting.

I understand the Police often feel like they are lootboxed but with the way the city is currently robbing armed police for SMG and AR ammo is the most viable way to get these resources - rather than blame the people "lootboxing", why doesn't the meta to obtain this resource change? 

Also, reducing the amount of armed police would not only reduce the amount of "lootboxing" going on, but would also make it more fair for the crims/gangs. 

Police turning up to gang fights is understandable and I don't think anyone in the city would disagree, but it almost feels as if you're playing a battle royal and getting third partied the way the police push you like its another gang. There are way more ways in which Police turning up to big fights could be more strategic to lengthen the roleplay situation and make it more enjoyable for all parties. Things like sniping people out of an armoured heli is so one sided. 

The server feels like it's dying and I feel like a lot of it is down to people that play on crim/gang characters leaving because it's getting to the point where it's unplayable. Things like the nerfs to selling drugs (removal of coa hill) etc make it even harder for crims to make money and when you do spend the money on gang wars etc it's just wasted to Police running into fights with head armour and SIGs thinking they are the terminator. 

If there is more stuff planned for the crim/turf update that might make playing crim characters more enjoyable then I hope it comes out soon because the mixture of the city being dead and the Police win mentality being the way it is it feels like there is nothing to do as a crim nowadays. 

tldr - police are biggest gang in the city and need to stop W keying every fight with head armour sigs like they the terminator 

also - remove head armour

The server has in all honesty been damaged by the way police act and RP.
I cannot speak for every officer in the police, but from command meetings and discussions I know, that the police is told to react to developments of criminal behavior. And I think everyone can agree, that the usage of guns has been insanely high in comparison to 1,5y ago. 

I rather would turn your comment around. The server has been damaged by the way the gangs have shootouts almost every day in bright daylight and don't give a fuck if the police shows up or not. 

I agree the police is overpowered. Always has been and has to be as a last resort. This island is not a anarchic post apocalyptic zone, It is based on the UK mainland, however the comparison always had its errors, since many things are far from reality.  Nevertheless if you would escalate anywhere in the world that is even a bit controlled by a government, there will always be the reaction to escalating violence: more counter violence. Look at Mexico or Favelas in Rio. Of course the government would always have the upper hand to equipment. 

I asked the snarky remark earlier, because the topic start seems a bit delusional of the role the police is playing on this roleplay server. 

This is not a team vs team fight simulation, where you compare the arsenal of equipment and the availability of such with each other to ensure a balance in fight situations. This is not a MMO with PVP where the developers have to balance each faction so in the PVP fights there is some kind of fairness. If your role is in disadvantage, then you deal with it in roleplay. 

If thats how we are going then, Its not everyday that I see firearms just driving around my local town and I certainly don't see them pull people over.
I drive for a living, Ive been all over the UK and I've seen many many many ARVS pull people over, for traffic stops to normal police dutys. You just wont see them as much due to irl being different to a game. 

and again  with the ammo comment, everyone knows multiple firearms will carry 250 smg so they dont run out mid fight xD.
Again, yet another misinformation comment. Having been one of the people who has access to Armoury logs, I can say for certain you are chatting utter shite.

the realistic argument is old and boring, server is never gonna be super realistic bcs we’re on gta so just stick to what’s fun and what everyone enjoys 

if everything is gonna be realistic get everyone to buy vr headsets and force first person view on everything 

Its a game at the end of the day, but cops are severely overpowered and also have the army, which all know and love as staff and devs, arrive to some gun fights, whether that be via a fuckin  F-15, an apache and or a gunner plane (ive seen this spawned in a fight I was invovled in), then there is crims that yes will fight with SMGS and full armour but have no way to fight against anything like that.
While we do have allot of good stuff, I still stand by my comment. Gangs need to plan things better and use better tactics., If police turn up to ballas turf and you are all sitting o roofs. its easy pickings., Create a plan to counter us. 

Again, yet another misinformation comment. Having been one of the people who has access to Armoury logs, I can say for certain you are chatting utter shite.
Listen here petal.

Tell that to the multiple people that have firearms spray at them with well over 100 rounds, ive been in fights with police where I have gone through 250 round myself and ive seen other cops do the same thing, there is no way on gods green roleplay earth that firarms only carry 100 rounds for their SIG, so you my friend are chatting utter shite...

I drive for a living, Ive been all over the UK and I've seen many many many ARVS pull people over, for traffic stops to normal police dutys. You just wont see them as much due to irl being different to a game. 
I could say the same thing, ive travelled to multiple different parts of the uk and I can succesfully say ive only ever seen like 4 ARV's and they was not just roaming the streets darling.

Back