What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Sort out the police, or make it fair for gang members.

Alex Moreno

I wasn’t going to make this suggestion, but it’s gotten to the point now where we need to have a full community discussion with staff and developers about how the server is going with the police at the moment.

Firstly we need to talk about how overpowered the police are compared to gangs, In any situation with firearms majority of the time gangs will use pistols, firearms will have a SIG with 250 rounds + a fuck tonne more in the safe on there vehicle,  not only is that overpowered it’s unrealistic but that’s besides the point,  police will have anywhere from 5 to 10 armour on there person at anytime + more in there vehicle,  and then head armour same detail with that.  I’ve named 3 items and already police have a massive advantage over any gang in any situation, and your argument will be well gangs can have rifles and smg’s and armour and head armour,  but it’s not the same, on police it’s all free, and they have a vending machine of a vehicle where they can keep re supplying, in the case of gangs we have 250 max and 5 or so armour. 

to fix the problem of police being overpowered, police should have a single shot rifle, not automatic, this would help make situations more fair for gangs.

snipers shouldn’t be shooting from an armoured helicopter, snipers should be shooting from a building that can be overrun by gangs to give gangs a fighting chance

if I’m not wrong firearms has 32 slots, gangs have a max cap of 25, and half the time most gangs sit on around 13-15 people each night, the whole of the firearms team responding to shots is ridiculous.

CTSFO is counter terrorism not counter gangs, never in my life have I s The n CTSFO gunning down gang members who are fighting eachother, but ok it’s a roleplay server

this being said 

SAS since when does SAS attack a gang because they have robbed a police station but again it’s a roleplay server

also the win mentality of police needs addressing,  they have a drone, a helicopter, firearms, they can check plates, make a evidence report, why do they need 20+ firearms to gun down a person with a weapon it’s pathetic.

im not the only person who thinks this needs addressing.

take it upon your selves to argue in the comments staff are probably going to delete this anyway but honestly we need to talk about it, otherwise you’ll only see police on the sever you won’t see any gangs, we all talk, we all have opinions, let us talk about how we feel about the server .

people pay money to play here I don’t get why but fair enough each to your own. It’s alright your guys developing it but what are you gona develop when everyone’s gone because you don’t listen to us.

No gang wants to fight police, because they WILL lose, this is what the issue is as we are often forced into a fight by the police because as many have said, they get all these big guns and it is basically a win-win situation for them. Most of the time gangs do not get time to leave and will just be shot.
this is simply untrue, as i already said im happy to sit down and explain our proceedours and everything to anyone that would like to hear them if its gonna help avoid confusion in the future and put this constant us and them mentaltiy to a stop (i know both sides do it). We re all here to enjoy ourselfes after all. so lets keep it wholesome

Put is this way, police are gona struggle policing when gangs will refuse to wake up, we would love to have full situations and roleplay, I assure you ballas can give the police a quality time we have in the past and we will continue, but with how the police are going atm police don’t give the quality of roleplay we would like to not give a fuck if we loose or win,  quite honestly all I’m seeing from this suggestion is police getting there arses up and trying to justify every wrong doing, when quite honestly all we are asking for is better roleplay, and a balance of stuff we arnt asking you too sell your first child, we just wanna enjoy the server again 

Put is this way, police are gona struggle policing when gangs will refuse to wake up, we would love to have full situations and roleplay, I assure you ballas can give the police a quality time we have in the past and we will continue, but with how the police are going atm police don’t give the quality of roleplay we would like to not give a fuck if we loose or win,  quite honestly all I’m seeing from this suggestion is police getting there arses up and trying to justify every wrong doing, when quite honestly all we are asking for is better roleplay, and a balance of stuff we arnt asking you too sell your first child, we just wanna enjoy the server again 
Yeah shame I guess.  I suppose we'll have to Roleplay on this Roleplaying server with non gang members.  I know it'll be a struggle, but I'm sure we can pull through the hard times together.  

I wasn’t going to make this suggestion, but it’s gotten to the point now where we need to have a full community discussion with staff and developers about how the server is going with the police at the moment.

Firstly we need to talk about how overpowered the police are compared to gangs, In any situation with firearms majority of the time gangs will use pistols, firearms will have a SIG with 250 rounds + a fuck tonne more in the safe on there vehicle,  not only is that overpowered it’s unrealistic but that’s besides the point,  police will have anywhere from 5 to 10 armour on there person at anytime + more in there vehicle,  and then head armour same detail with that.  I’ve named 3 items and already police have a massive advantage over any gang in any situation, and your argument will be well gangs can have rifles and smg’s and armour and head armour,  but it’s not the same, on police it’s all free, and they have a vending machine of a vehicle where they can keep re supplying, in the case of gangs we have 250 max and 5 or so armour. 

to fix the problem of police being overpowered, police should have a single shot rifle, not automatic, this would help make situations more fair for gangs.

snipers shouldn’t be shooting from an armoured helicopter, snipers should be shooting from a building that can be overrun by gangs to give gangs a fighting chance

if I’m not wrong firearms has 32 slots, gangs have a max cap of 25, and half the time most gangs sit on around 13-15 people each night, the whole of the firearms team responding to shots is ridiculous.

CTSFO is counter terrorism not counter gangs, never in my life have I s The n CTSFO gunning down gang members who are fighting eachother, but ok it’s a roleplay server

this being said 

SAS since when does SAS attack a gang because they have robbed a police station but again it’s a roleplay server

also the win mentality of police needs addressing,  they have a drone, a helicopter, firearms, they can check plates, make a evidence report, why do they need 20+ firearms to gun down a person with a weapon it’s pathetic.

im not the only person who thinks this needs addressing.

take it upon your selves to argue in the comments staff are probably going to delete this anyway but honestly we need to talk about it, otherwise you’ll only see police on the sever you won’t see any gangs, we all talk, we all have opinions, let us talk about how we feel about the server .

people pay money to play here I don’t get why but fair enough each to your own. It’s alright your guys developing it but what are you gona develop when everyone’s gone because you don’t listen to us.
Honestly I thought I was reading a Reddit shitpost 😆

People fight all out wars within city limits, things get deployed. There is conditions that need to be met to deploy certain assets but yeah you can find out in RP.

Police might deploy against gangs due to their prior engagements with groups whereof intel has been gathered and thats just CID's job.

However when people fight an all out war against themselves or police within city limits and police interferes whereafter this kind of posts/comments get made you oughta scratch your head if you are on the right server/game.

Use common sense and police might not be on peoples ass all the time 🙂

Think the last point is a moot point, No one pays to play here and donations are given entirely voluntary. 

I would love to just have a straightener with my mate JP, unfortunately for the last 2 nights I've had officers begging for a gunfight!

Don't think you're safe JP,  keep running away on that bike of yours.

Honestly I thought I was reading a Reddit shitpost 😆

People fight all out wars within city limits, things get deployed. There is conditions that need to be met to deploy certain assets but yeah you can find out in RP.

Police might deploy against gangs due to their prior engagements with groups whereof intel has been gathered and thats just CID's job.

However when people fight an all out war against themselves or police within city limits and police interferes whereafter this kind of posts/comments get made you oughta scratch your head if you are on the right server/game.

Use common sense and police might not be on peoples ass all the time 🙂

Think the last point is a moot point, No one pays to play here and donations are given entirely voluntary. 
Just going on from this, remember back in the day, when gangs could team up against police this was the most even ive ever seen the server. gangs uniting against the police and police matching the force.

Police where getting fed up and eventually started crying and complaining to staff, a rule was made.

ever since that gangs have had to fight police on there own and it was unfair but roleplay was still a major part of these situations, nowadays police lack roleplay and just play for gun fights dont act like it dosnt happen because i see it all the time there is countless videos of police gunning down people who havent got weapons. police have the worst win mentality ive ever seen in a server its stupid.

if police are gunning down people, forcing fights we should be allowed to unite gangs and attack.

might i add all gangs united for a reason it wasnt a random one, also i played on my police character mainly at the time.

Yeah shame I guess.  I suppose we'll have to Roleplay on this Roleplaying server with non gang members.  I know it'll be a struggle, but I'm sure we can pull through the hard times together.  
its all fun and games taking the piss now but watch when crims have had enough see you going to npcs doing /me searches pockets,  you really don't want us investing our time else where because we wont be coming back mate stop trying to maintain this police ego in the forums and help try resolve this shit show 

its all fun and games taking the piss now but watch when crims have had enough see you going to npcs doing /me searches pockets,  you really don't want us investing our time else where because we wont be coming back mate stop trying to maintain this police ego in the forums and help try resolve this shit show 
'Maintain the Police ego.'

Its an interesting bunch of words you've chucked together and frankly, I stand firm on what I've said.  I come here to Roleplay, not mechanical play.  I advise trying it, you may enjoy it.  Try everything once right?

I get it you want to be in a gang where your like gods of your turf and the police are scared to come near you but that's never going to happen, if they come after the lost they are most definitely coming after street gangs
So why in another post has police said they rush searches because they are scared in the turfs to get taken hostage but then your saying they ain’t scared to be in the turfs so there doing something wrong somewhere because there a contradiction here 

So why in another post has police said they rush searches because they are scared in the turfs to get taken hostage but then your saying they ain’t scared to be in the turfs so there doing something wrong somewhere because there a contradiction here 
Because if we take our time in turfs doing a thorough search we get called out for "baiting"

Because if we take our time in turfs doing a thorough search we get called out for "baiting"
Do you not have body cam? Let them call you it and then go to QE and report it as this needs to change the same as now. I’m in NHS if I DNR I will clip it and show as evidence that I had reason to do what I was doing if you can’t do that then are you baiting? If your confident your not then record and report 

If will 100% rush a stop and search or what ever it is if I donthave numbers when on turf, why would we stand around just to be used as a vending machine, robbed or taken hostage. That is the sad reality and its gotten worse since you can now use our guns

Tough discussion, i do agree its unbalanced police are basically biggest gang on server should be a cap on how many feds to players can be on at once same as Gangs F6.

I want to address the fact of our trigger happy police force.

Over the past couple of days I've put myself into a few scenarios with blunt weapons or taser. On both occasions it is apparently acceptable to just open fire with a pistol or fully automatic rifle. When I address this to the cops the common excuse is "I don't have a taser on me" 

I find this standard of roleplay so boring when police have all the utility to do all different kinds of tactics yet they always result to shooting. I don't want to report people or keep calling people to QE because it has gotten so bad it has become a standard meta for the police. Shoot first and RP later.

This seriously needs addressing. Police should value all lives and not just their own! I'd like to see non-lethals used more often.

While I'm having a rant. Sort negotiating out! We had a lot of fun as farmers that worked out fun. But recently on MRPD roof that was shocking. 3 cops hostage and you just decide lets just all run onto the roof and start shooting... We even said we don't want anybody harmed there was no reason to result straight to violence with no escalation.

I want to address the fact of our trigger happy police force.

Over the past couple of days I've put myself into a few scenarios with blunt weapons or taser. On both occasions it is apparently acceptable to just open fire with a pistol or fully automatic rifle. When I address this to the cops the common excuse is "I don't have a taser on me" 

I find this standard of roleplay so boring when police have all the utility to do all different kinds of tactics yet they always result to shooting. I don't want to report people or keep calling people to QE because it has gotten so bad it has become a standard meta for the police. Shoot first and RP later.

This seriously needs addressing. Police should value all lives and not just their own! I'd like to see non-lethals used more often.

While I'm having a rant. Sort negotiating out! We had a lot of fun as farmers that worked out fun. But recently on MRPD roof that was shocking. 3 cops hostage and you just decide lets just all run onto the roof and start shooting... We even said we don't want anybody harmed there was no reason to result straight to violence with no escalation.
When people say they do not carry a taser that is 100% bullshit right there. Tasers are the default option for all units. 

The whole triggerhappy police force argument is just the result of policy changes resulting in loosening of all glock restrictions. I also do believe this should again be reviewed to reduce the amount of glocks being carried by the main body of police. 

Within RP and policies on its own (Obviously context of the situation is important) there is nothing wrong with shooting people that are battering officers with bats or stabbing them. That would 90% of the times be acceptable within policies.

Depending on the situation I would not shoot a single person batting an officer because less lethal options e.g. like the taser would be more effective as we can detain and deal with this person efficiently.

Now would we be on a roof with 16 occult members batting, stabbing and sledgehammering everyone in sight there is not alot of options left.

As far as hostages and the specific situation you are referring to goes:

The police values all lifes and we try to negotiate where possible like we have with your group over the past few weeks.

However, just because you have a hostage does not mean you control the world. Yes you hold some leverage but that's all. Police would definitly try their best to compromise on reasonable demands.

Hostage situations usually go awry when either:

A: The demands are unreasonable (e.g. demanding hostages to be traded for another person or insane amounts of cash/items)

B: A hostages life is endangered by the hostage takers. (Hostage takers hurting or abusing the hostage or threatening to)

But there could be more reasons which are more of a Find out in RP.

In any situation you would be warned several times and you would do well to heed them in before other steps are taken.

Lastly had you called anyone of the roof situation into liaison we wouldve gladly spoken to you and explained some of the points I mentioned above.

Hi Jesse, Thanks for replying. I've noticed a few very interesting things you've said and I would like to point you out on them.

I'd firstly like to start here.

Within RP and policies on its own (Obviously context of the situation is important) there is nothing wrong with shooting people that are battering officers with bats or stabbing them. That would 90% of the times be acceptable within policies.
Please take your time to read through these article I found: 
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/nov/17/shoot-to-kill-what-is-the-uks-policy
https://www.london.gov.uk/who-we-are/what-london-assembly-does/questions-mayor/find-an-answer/shoot-kill-policy
You'll find you're talking complete bullshit and unfortunately it don't slide.

Now for arguements sake, yes this is a video game, we cannot completely relate this to real life. HOWEVER we are all here to have fun are we not? So can you explain to me why cops have to win every scenario unless they are completely wiped out? Have you ever heard of "Win the battle, lose the war" This is a perfect quote to how police should RP. Criminals are not expected to win every battle but they should be rewarded with minor victories because as much as you might not like it the server is 75% criminal population. Without them your role in the server is void. Now this doesnt go unsaid that police should win the war. They will always have more resources and time but this would allow RP stories to escalate and build up rather than be over in a couple of hours because of trigger happy police.

Secondly, this is not a report so there was no need to get defensive but since we are throwing out scenarios allow me.

Now would we be on a roof with 16 occult members batting, stabbing and sledgehammering everyone in sight there is not alot of options left.

As far as hostages and the specific situation you are referring to goes:

The police values all lifes and we try to negotiate where possible like we have with your group over the past few weeks.

However, just because you have a hostage does not mean you control the world. Yes you hold some leverage but that's all. Police would definitly try their best to compromise on reasonable demands.

Hostage situations usually go awry when either:

A: The demands are unreasonable (e.g. demanding hostages to be traded for another person or insane amounts of cash/items)

B: A hostages life is endangered by the hostage takers. (Hostage takers hurting or abusing the hostage or threatening to)
The Occult had not harmed anybody on that roof, The hostages were not threatened and they were in clear sight. We had clear intentions of what we wanted with a simple request.

We offered you 2 Hostages with the chance to talk to Joesph Bane privately. We made it clear nobody was going to be harmed, everything was in clear view. 

So yes we had leverage and fair demands, yet the police version of "compromise" Storm the roof door and shoot everyone! I should upload the video and call it "how to end a RP situation in 3 minutes".

This takes me back to just rp'ing out a situation, have fun? Because from my perspective the only people have fun in the city are the police. 

Lastly,

In any situation you would be warned several times and you would do well to heed them in before other steps are taken.

Lastly had you called anyone of the roof situation into liaison we wouldve gladly spoken to you and explained some of the points I mentioned above.
But you didn't though did you? The police chose to escalate the situation which is just boring. "main character syndrome" I believe they call it. And why would I have asked all the police to QE, I have no intentions of reporting people nor should I have to educate on common sense. From what I've noticed police have been called out enough in OOC recently that they should have taken some notice to what they're doing wrong recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back