What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Speed Camera Operator Profession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean Hastings

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
I've been thinking about this for awhile and how it might work so here it goes:

Intro

The idea is that we add a civilian profession IE Police Staff Roles. This profession would have this vehicle added in: https://www.gta5-mods.com/paintjobs/replace-mercedes-sprinter-police-speedvan

6d1c57-SCREENSHOT%20ONE.jpg

This vehicle would allow someone clocked in as a Police Camera Operator to park up in locations, then they switch to the rear seat in which they can start a mini-game, anyone who drives past over the speed limit is fined like a regular stationary speed camera. Vehicle camera operators would have their own radio channel that Police can hop onto to work with them. 

The mini-game stops people camping AFK to gain money from this profession.

How to become?

This would be a full in-game roleplay experience in that people apply at the front desk of MRPD, the apps are reviewed by RPU, people come for an interview and then get whitelisted. Once whitelisted they clock in as a camera operator at MRPD, and can then put on the uniform and get the car out. I think its up for debate but them having keys to the station (no keys for custody) and being to spawn their cars in the garage makes the most sense. 

Why do this over being a Police Officer?

This is a roleplay profession for people who still want to do bits and bobs roleplaying with Police but don't want the activity requirements and learning depencies of being a Police Officer, also as an alternative legal method for making money instead of mechanic or taxi

Traffic Warden

As a precursor to this people can also apply to be a traffic warden alongside this, whereby they can mark cars for impound (no bob)

Roleplay

Speed camera vans would also work as ANPR cameras, Road Policing Units would feel highly encouraged to work alongside Speed Camera Operators to develop intel and catch people driving around the city at 8000 MPH

How would they be paid?

Apart from a decent paycheck as they'd be citizens with no criminal charges if possible I think should a person be fined by the operators van, should that person pay that fine be it whenever, that operator gets a cut of said fine, maybe 20% of the original fine as encouragement to keep up the good work?

Outro

As this is a job outside Police Officer I'm curious what the people who mainly play civ think of this and if this is something they'd be interested in?

+1, we need more remote access afk cameras to help the already under-equipped police with the catching of ‘stupid criminals.’
It doens't say its an AFK camera

-1, I don't feel this would really enhance much roleplay, would simply be someone sat in a van doing practically nothing all day, nor would any civ want to waste their day if they arent even a cop.

-1 I don’t see what benefit this would provide to RP honestly, seems like someone just sitting playing the mini game over and over 

+1 another avenue for civs to make money in a job and would be high risk adding loads of rp cause who likes a camera operator and also people will annoy them 24/7

+1 here, like we all hate speed cameras but we know where they are and when to slow and avoid them, so the city is pretty much do 150 through legion, slow outside the hospital and speed back up, or my favourite going through a green light only to be t-boned by a sports car going 100+ to then get told your the arsehole 🤔 I think mobile cameras especially would be good for RP

Could get paid per flash maybe. And add an instance where you must get out of the van to clean the lens. Perfect opportunity to hold up the operator and destroy film or something similar. Could be interesting not sure how much it would get used though.

+1 As someone who has taken a personal war against speed cameras (snip snip ;D) Id love it but only if there was a way to destroy it? maybe like a way to spray the lens and like above said then the operator would have to clean it.

+1 As someone who has taken a personal war against speed cameras (snip snip ;D) Id love it but only if there was a way to destroy it? maybe like a way to spray the lens and like above said then the operator would have to clean it.
A feature like this might already exists *cough cough* find out in rp 🙂

A feature like this might already exists *cough cough* find out in rp 🙂
I know about cutting cameras in city I meant for if there was a camera van implemented I'd like the option to disable it somehow like with standard speed cameras 🙂

Rejected - I don't feel like this would create much RP + get stale very quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back