What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Speed camera tickets go to the driver, not owner

AlfredW

Wiki Editor
Suggestion:

I know this was discussed before it was implemented but I think it has become clear with some time on live that it doesn't really work for tickets to go to the vehicle owner. People steal cars and rack up literally hundreds of tickets just to be trolls. And the realism argument that was made originally doesn't really hold up as cars here get stolen are are much easier to steal than in real life.

Pros:
Avoid trolls stealing cars and racking up tickets

Cons:
Less realistic
Takes away some depth from the system

In total honesty, there is nothing stopping a person falsely reporting a vehicle as stolen and driving as fast as they like. If a police officer pulls you over, they'd say "oh I forgot to report that my vehicle was tracked by the insurance company". When their tickets come to expire they simply put in a court of appeals request for the amount they've racked up in the 14 day period.

I have to disagree with you with this point due to one point.

In real life a speeding camera can only tell number plate of car or vehicle. So no be more careful relating to your car or vehicle and it not problem. if does happen report to police and provide evidence in court so you don't need to pay ticket.  

I have to disagree with you with this point due to one point.

In real life a speeding camera can only tell number plate of car or vehicle. So no be more careful relating to your car or vehicle and it not problem. if does happen report to police and provide evidence in court so you don't need to pay ticket.  
In real life people also don't go up to cars with a singular lockpick and start speeding through the places filled with speeding cameras

Take it to court, prove you weren't driving, report your car as stolen.

Rejected.

Back