What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Speed Limiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Brief Summary:  Allow drivers to set a limit on their car that doesn’t exceed going past 70mph.

Detailed Suggestion: With so many fast-accelerating cars in the city atm, it’s difficult to keep it under the limit at times. I’d run a camera here and there exceeding that 1-2mph, not intentional of course however these little accidents do rack you up a bunch of tickets. It’s just a simple option to toggle it on and off. It would be similar to cruise control however it’s different in a way when you’re accelerating your speed doesn’t exceed 70mph. With the way cruise control is now and the weird turning it gives to vehicles it’s not really an option and going over small bumps cancels it.

The Pros:

·         Could encourage people to drive more safely.

·         More enjoyable time cruising the city knowing you’re not breaking the law.

The Cons:

·         -

Does it change balance?

Absolutely not.

-Stevie

+1 from me, many other servers have fully functioning speed limiters/cruise control, the cruise control on this server is so strange and rarely ever works, also when you have cruise control on while trucking it makes the tank skid left to right and makes a weird noise. Also think this would help some of the maniac drivers slow down. TBH I'd love to see more speed cameras and heftier fines. The amount of times I've died crossing the road because someones driving at 270mph on the wrong side of the road is crazy to me!

Brief Summary:

Changing cruise control to a speed limiter 

Detailed Suggestion:

At the minute the Cruise control is nice but it stops working if you so much as take a bump in the road, plus you turn at the speed your cruise control is on leading to some interesting turns, Im suggesting that we have a speed limiter instead where we can set the speed we want to drive at and still have to hold the throttle and drive normally where breaking doesnt turn it off

should be easier to dodge the nutjob drivers aswell without doing a complete 90 degree turn at 100+ mph often leading to doomed cars or death, also should make it driving in formation a bit easier as well 

The Pros:

Less deadly cruise control turns, i can hopefully still hear my car/bike make engine noise when using it instead of the engine idle noise, hopefully truck drivers that cruise control and speed everywhere arent as common as now

The Cons:

none that i can think of other then dev time for a QoL addition, 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Shouldnt do

I've made a post about something similar a while back. +1 though I agree, cruise control is useless unless you're trucking and going on the highway.

But... I normally use Cruise Control to reply to a Discord / steam / ts message or something

I would like to see an improved cruise control that is a bit more reliable and doesn't turn your power steering into overdrive mode.. if such exists. I would like to see it added to boats too (I imagine the current system wouldn't work seeing as it doesn't like bumps).

There are times where you don't want the accelerator stuck on and I think maybe having a speed limiter would maybe see some people set it to something fairly reasonable when driving in the city so they still have control over the application of power easily but won't necessarily run to crazy speeds accidently.

Staying under the speed limit in a lot of the cars on the server is a real pain in the ass to do, i would love to just limit my car and be able to drive it normally. +1 

Big vouch from me, I've only been In the City 8days but I'm already growing sick of the Cruise Control either bugging out and not braking due to a headache or you try to steer and It's super stiff. It also aids people who just don't want tickets, they suck.

+1 Would be more effective than the cruise control as Cruise Control bugs out 24/7 and the horrible lowering of the suspension when activated.

As a member of the Lost MC who rides in a formation of bikes very often, this would be very beneficial as it seems that different bikes currently have different cruise control speeds, although on the speedometer the speeds are the same.

Big +1

Accepted

Implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back