What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Speeding fines for emergency workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Brief Summary: 

Make it so Police/NHS get speeding fines.

Detailed Suggestion:

So i was thinking that Police and NHS do not get speeding fines via speed cameras etc, so my suggestion is to enable it so they get speeding tickets ONLY when they are just patrolling around.

Once the magic blue lights are on if they go through a speeding camera it will not trigger, so the only way for emergency workers to get speeding tickets is when they don't have the lights on.

The Pros:

- More Realistic 

- Safer Driving

-More Rp Scenarios (Getting pulled by your boss for speeding tickets etc) 

The Cons:

- Dev work

-Blue light driving 

Would the driver have to pay the fine? Because as it is now, fines have to be paid by the vehicle owner and for faction/group vehicles (LSPS/NHS/G6/Rangers) it would come out of their fund (I say "would", because to my knowledge they don't actually get fined).

Do you want everyone to have blue lights on? Because this is how you have everyone turn their blue lights on.

-1 from me (yes, my main character is cop)

- This will only encourage people to run about everywhere with blue lights and moving around the city quicker which I think will decrease Police having interactions with people at some points

- I believe the current ANPR/speeding ticket system works works from the reg plate whether its registered to a whitelisted group which doesn't recognize whether lights are on or not so I can only imagine the amount of work needed

- This means if someone steals a Police vehicle (which happens a lot) then whoever pulled that vehicle out is going to have a lot of tickets when they aren't at fault

- Quite often some pulls a vehicle out of parking, but another member of the faction ends up using it which means someone is going to get a lot of tickets even if they aren't driving

- Emergency vehicle exemptions doesn't actually need the lights to be on, as long as there is a justifiable reason to be driving without them on - therefore unrealistic 

-1 Really agree with @Chris McCainthat exemption doesn't only apply when lights and siren are on. Also while obviously people shouldn't be speeding especially faction members (and if this is a reoccurring issue for you or you believe there is a problem you should take it to the faction command) there is the issue of how little faction members actually make and it wouldn't be feasible for them to personally pay of speeding tickets.

-1 from me. The main reason for this is that the law states that emergency vehicles are exempt from speeding tickets I have attached below the relevant legislation below

The law (section 87 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984) currently states that the following purposes may be exempt from speed limits: police purposes; fire and rescue service authority purposes; ambulance purposes; and Serious Organised Crime Agency purposes.

Under Section 19 of the Road Safety Act 2006, these legal exemptions would only apply: when observing them would hinder the use of the vehicle for the purpose that it was being used for on that occasion; and when the driver has satisfactorily completed a high speed driving course of training (or is driving the vehicle as part of such a course).

-1 way too much work and hassle in my opinion and also doesn't really make much sense to give them speeding tickets if they're on duty. the guys above have stated very very good reasons why to go against it and i totally agree with them

I honestly wondered if this was a joke at first.

Agreed with all points above that said no to the idea. Especially blue light driving permanently on. 

Once the magic blue lights are on if they go through a speeding camera it will not trigger, so the only way for emergency workers to get speeding tickets is when they don't have the lights on.

Blue lights dont give you traffic exemptions, you get your exemption from being in the Police service, Ambulance service or Fire service.

As per the RTRA Section 87 (https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/27/section/87)

There has to be valid reason and dynamic risk assesments done before using said exemptions, but blues are just to make the public aware and make it safer to use the exemptions more than anything else. If i get done irl driving though a speed camera without blues on in the work truck, I have to justify my use of exemptions but providing I have a valid reason (like a cat3 call etc) then its fine.

I agree that the way some of the Police & NHS drive around is totally unrealistic and dangerous, but thats an issue for the relevant command to deal with appropriately within RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back