What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Spike strips

Koala Bear

Hello was just wondering what people think about other civilians and police just running up to your vehicle with out saying a word and spiking your vehicle I know it's not enagement but I think that it's minimal and I think there should be a rule I place so you have to engage before running up and spiking for example "sir sto the vehicle or it will be spiked but if you place a spike in the middle of the road you will just follow the all ready existing rule what do guy think?

I think running up to a vehicle and just spiking it is almost classed as trolling due to the minimal roleplay involved.

It is different though in the respect that you set up a roadblock and have someone to initiate compliance.

Another thing is the care with spike strips... As we all probably know, a spike strip can send cars flying or even kill a running pedestrian if you swing it around, however there is a rule about swinging them around, using them as weapons.

I think running up to a vehicle and just spiking it is almost classed as trolling due to the minimal roleplay involved.

It is different though in the respect that you set up a roadblock and have someone to initiate compliance.

Another thing is the care with spike strips... As we all probably know, a spike strip can send cars flying or even kill a running pedestrian if you swing it around, however there is a rule about swinging them around, using them as weapons.
Yeah I agree but I think their should be a rule when you have to initiate before running up and spiking a vehicle

So if you accidentally spike someone you could get banned?..

I don't see spikes being misused at all, UNLESS a hobo decides to troll and place them everywhere/ run about with them. 

Police would normally use them after/ urging a chase and rebels would also use them at check points. If someone takes the road before the checkpoint to avoid it and gets spiked, if there was a rule the offending party gets in trouble for taking smart precautions?

Spikes allow people to be stopped without the need for a gunfight/RDM (shooting tyres=gets killed) 

Police shouldn't run up to vehicles and randomly spike then. If this happens then you know what to do Koala!

So if you accidentally spike someone you could get banned?..

I don't see spikes being misused at all, UNLESS a hobo decides to troll and place them everywhere/ run about with them. 

Police would normally use them after/ urging a chase and rebels would also use them at check points. If someone takes the road before the checkpoint to avoid it and gets spiked, if there was a rule the offending party gets in trouble for taking smart precautions?

Spikes allow people to be stopped without the need for a gunfight/RDM (shooting tyres=gets killed) 

Police shouldn't run up to vehicles and randomly spike then. If this happens then you know what to do Koala!
It happened to me at meth dealer and they got out the truck and was shoot he just walked up and spiked my vic with out saying a word 

Hello was just wondering what people think about other civilians and police just running up to your vehicle with out saying a word and spiking your vehicle I know it's not enagement but I think that it's minimal and I think there should be a rule I place so you have to engage before running up and spiking for example "sir sto the vehicle or it will be spiked but if you place a spike in the middle of the road you will just follow the all ready existing rule what do guy think?
I think it's perfectly fine to use spike strips without initiation. All you are doing is disabling the vehicle. The nature of spike strips makes initiation almost impossible at times. How am I supposed to initiate on a car doing 250kph?

However, spike strips themselves are NOT a form of initiation, people still need to issue compliance / initiate RP before anything can happen after the vehicle has been spiked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back