What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

SSD?

Reece

Unlinked
I have been looking for an SSD for a while now, I have found one that I can afford here it is 240gb, however there are quite a bit of bad reviews, does anyone know if this is a good SSD or not? or should I just save up for a samsung 850 evo?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 850 evo has been fantastic for me and everyone ive recommended it to, but im sure the kingston would work perfectly fine if you dont wanna wait to save up.

180MB/s Read and 133MB/s Write speed.

It's not a very fast SSD. I would heed the reviews and get another. I recommend Samsung EVOs or Crucial's Series of SSDs from www.crucial.com/uk

One offer I personally will be buying today is this:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/components-and-upgrades/internal-data-storage/samsung-850-evo-2-5-internal-ssd-500-gb-with-tom-clancy-s-the-division-10144463-pdt.html

If you are lazy the specs are:

500 GB Storage

512 MB Cache Memory

Read Speed : Up to 540 MB/s

Write speed : Up to 520 MB/s

SATA 3 6Bv/s interface 

To top this all of it comes free with Tom Clancy's The Division on behalf of SAMSUNG! All for the price of £124, and to be honest TCTD costs around £30 so £124 - £30 = £94, which is a bargain in my eyes

@Ciaranrecommended product. Opinions?

Just the read and write speeds make me agree with choosing samsung 850 Evo. I also have one and it has had no problems and is still working as good as when i bought it

Yeah after looking at the performance difference I am going to save up for the 850 evo, thanks every one that helped.

Back