What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

(Staff Question) Why are timed bans unappealable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imaK

Question directed towards staff team.

Why has the right to appeal a ban been taken away from players for timed bans? 
I do understand that unban appeals are time consuming to review and process, however I feel all bans that could have been the result of a misunderstanding or other instances where there is a reasonable doubt that a rule has been violated (ie there is no clearcut rulebreak), should be appealable. The problem I see with no route of appeal is that bans that could have been given falsely will stick, and players will have no chance to appeal them and clear their name.

I'd say if there was reasonable doubt and you'd want to get it reviewed to be taken off your record then message a staff lead or management. Don't spam with it but just asking for a review of it and then hopefully it would be checked. I just think they won't allow for appeals because it takes time and effort and you'd probably be unbanned by the time its even replied to.

I'd say if there was reasonable doubt and you'd want to get it reviewed to be taken off your record then message a staff lead or management. Don't spam with it but just asking for a review of it and then hopefully it would be checked. I just think they won't allow for appeals because it takes time and effort and you'd probably be unbanned by the time its even replied to.
Why shouldn't the whole staff team share the burden of work regarding these unban appeals rather than leaving it down to just leads/management? Surely that excacerbates the issue of it taking time and effort?

Its not just a matter of it being taken off record, some bans can last for up to a week which is double the period of time of the 2 lesser bans, surely the appeal could be viewed and reviewed prior to that point and allow any players in question to be unbanned where appropriate, to stop them serving bans where they shouldn't be?

Why shouldn't the whole staff team share the burden of work regarding these unban appeals rather than leaving it down to just leads/management? Surely that excacerbates the issue of it taking time and effort?
For reviewing bans already placed I believe it needs to come from higher members of staff, maybe level 4+.

I don't disagree with you, I think one week bans should be appealable at least. But talking about getting your placed ban reviewed then your best bet is to speak to a high member of staff.

Perhaps only in the case of mistaken bans? E.g. if you're appealing that your 1 week ban should be overturned because you're a good boy now that should get dismissed, but if you're appealing that you didn't break NLR because you died to falling through the stairs and you have video evidence, it can't take much more time to unban that to deny the appeal.

If you got 7 days ban that mean you have been banned 2 times within 6 month. 

Next time if you are banned is a perm and then you need to appeal it. 

If you do have an issue with a time ban you need to message a staff lead to review  your ban and not the forum. 

If you do have an issue with a time ban you need to message a staff lead to review  your ban and not the forum.
I see. Why can this not be implemented into the ban appeal process? It would take the burden off the staff leads, and it would only take a staff member one level higher than the staff member who banned the individual in question to overturn the decision. 

It is also mentioned in the rules that 'These bans will automatically expire at the time given in the ban reason, for that reason we will not be accepting ban appeals for any timed ban.'

Perhaps it should mention that any disputes / appeals should be directed towards staff leads, rather than not mentioning any appeal route for timed bans?

I can frame it a little more different you cannot really appeal your ban. But if you have an issue with your ban like you feel the admin that ban you is very wrong you can go sto staff leads. 

the unban appeals are done by staff members lvl4. These members of staff showed a huge amount of effort and are trusted by staffleads and management. 
i find it interesting that you bring up this fact as soon you recieved a week ban. I think it is your responsibility, To make sure you follow the rules. 
So only you are here to blame for not following the rules. So now you need to sit the punishment out.  Hopefully next time you will follow the rules. 

i find it interesting that you bring up this fact as soon you recieved a week ban. I think it is your responsibility, To make sure you follow the rules. 
So only you are here to blame for not following the rules. So now you need to sit the punishment out.  Hopefully next time you will follow the rules. 
My ban is not the topic of this thread.

Additionally I am looking to get it reviewed by staff leads, so kindly stop berating me over it.

the unban appeals are done by staff members lvl4. These members of staff showed a huge amount of effort and are trusted by staffleads and management. 
I don't think you quite understand what @charlito is trying to say. Regardless whether or not he's banned why can't bans be dispute?

No one is perfect, who's to say that the bans handed out are always 100% right and fair?

I saw his appeal, its quite questionable to be honest and I won't go into it too much as you shouldn't talk about bans on the forum. But in the video you could clearly see he was rammed into which caused his vehicle and the Police car's to explode. We now have questions of, why did he turn right getting close to the police car? Why did the police car turn left and hitting him?

I am sure the police officer didn't do it on purpose, so why did he drive into him? is it server desync? Surely death caused by another vehicle is VDM depending on the context (I can't say for certain is VDM, no idea what happened in that video) but then again road accidents do happen so could be an accident does NLR counts then?

If it was server desync/the officer delibrately drove into him, does that fall under VDM and so allow him to return to where he was?

Note: I don't actually know his guy so I am not defending his actions.

The concern you showed and the video provided was shown to multiple very experienced staff members that then led to the ban still being in place. 

I am not going to go more into details surrounding the ban and what happened when you expressed your concern until i talk to you via the forum, TeamSpeak or Discord.

Last night you did indeed show interest in talking about this but as it happened,  the server got hit by a skiddie . That took priority to be dealt with properly.

So why do we not have it appealable. Well you can have it reviewed by Staff Leads to either have it remain, lift of the ban and/or removal  from the your ban history. 

Some of these that you want reviewed can take some time to gather the information to have a complete picture but will always have a very fair outcome.

This system was voted on by the community and agreed upon within the staff team, staff leads and management team to enforce it.

When a player have shown a complete disregard of rules (i am not saying you have) within 6 months the player will face an unban appeal. This is dealt with by the very experienced level 4 staff when the appeals do come up. The more serious breaks are Staff Leads/ Management.

The time based system is here to stay and is working as intended. 

As i said further up, feel free to contact me when you see me but have some consideration that this is all done in our free time. 

This post have been given a proper answer and will be locked from this point on.

Any other questions feel free to ask the staff team or send a PM to any or all of the leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back