What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

State of everything [Police POV]

To be fair I had some really nice RP from some cops when caught fleeing a shooting or selling drugs. Only half the times I ended up arrested and even less in prison. 

It dose make sense for criminals to abuse the legal system to try and get out of prison or a lesser sentence, I doubt it that even in real life a criminal would just say yes, guilty, put me away for 50 years....they will get a solicitor and fight the charges as much as they can, up to intimidating or killing witnesses. So for a criminal to lawyer up and make police complaints and sue the police for anything they can is not far fetched in my opinion.

As well it doesn't make sense for a cop to chase someone and the cop to get in a crash or run someone over and then keep going. The main objective of cops should be protecting the public not catching criminals. This means that if you crash or hit someone, stop the chase and get them help. It happens so many times that a cop smashes in me parked on the pavement and then just drives off or shouts, I got lights and sirens. What if you got lights and sirens? It doesn't mean that all the sudden you don't care about protecting others. 

It would be nice to see criminals turned rats because of a lengthy prison sentence or other things. The same way would be nice to see cops actually care about money so they can be corrupted. There is a lot of RP to have if people just stop shooting each other with first opportunity.

While criminals are tough and not afraid of many things, they should still fear losing their life, either in a gunfight or in prison.

On the other hand, while cops are trained, they have equipment and numbers, they usually try to maintain a safe environment for the public, not punish every crime.

Well, that is my 2 cents on the subject.

This looks juicy, so thought id throw my 2 cents in, To begin as a public roleplay server, you will NEVER strike a fully realistic roleplaying experience as each person who joins has their own mindset of how they want to roleplay. Some are in it to grind away and earn millions others are here for some fun. However, while if you apply to join the police there is a much greater level of roleplay expected from you as the same goes for any other whitleised roles (NHS and Lost MC if that's still a thing?) this should also be the same for gangs.

Regardless if cops always want to win and show up like a militia that is typically expected of cops in real life thus as a criminal organization, you should seek to lower your presence and not willingly create heat play stupid games win stupid prizes.

At the same time while cops seem to preach realism and take a moral high ground cops also need to buck up and start to practice what they preach, all I need to do is watch an Avion Solar video to see cops do more criminal damage to the city's infrastructure in one car chase.

As Stavik said it's not something that can change over night and can only be changed if the community wishes to.

Also ironically @Pontya justice system that seems to punish the police rather than those committing crimes accurately reflects society nowadays 

This looks juicy, so thought id throw my 2 cents in, To begin as a public roleplay server, you will NEVER strike a fully realistic roleplaying experience as each person who joins has their own mindset of how they want to roleplay. Some are in it to grind away and earn millions others are here for some fun. However, while if you apply to join the police there is a much greater level of roleplay expected from you as the same goes for any other whitleised roles (NHS and Lost MC if that's still a thing?) this should also be the same for gangs.

Regardless if cops always want to win and show up like a militia that is typically expected of cops in real life thus as a criminal organization, you should seek to lower your presence and not willingly create heat play stupid games win stupid prizes.

At the same time while cops seem to preach realism and take a moral high ground cops also need to buck up and start to practice what they preach, all I need to do is watch an Avion Solar video to see cops do more criminal damage to the city's infrastructure in one car chase.

As Stavik said it's not something that can change over night and can only be changed if the community wishes to.

Also ironically @Pontya justice system that seems to punish the police rather than those committing crimes accurately reflects society nowadays 
Didnt know my driving was that bad 😉 I agree with what you are saying though and the quality of police driving is something I have been looking into recently. 

There needs to be more illegal ways of making money. More illegal ways of making money means cops aren't responding to the same "shots fired" call or chasing the same drug dealers that have been selling in the same spot for the past week.

Currently all crims are lumpted into "your either a drug dealer or a shooter" thats it, mechanically there is nothing more you can do as a criminal.

Having different jobs creates different types of criminal, if it was actually possible to gain things illegaly without a gun (other than drug dealing but even then it's pretty important) I think a lot of crims wouldn't immediatly flock to creating an armory as their main goal.

A warning to all as this one is going to get very, very long I have no doubt. I feel the need to share it to the wider public as I think it is relevant to this thread and the police force and the broader community.

I would like to preface the following with a disclaimer. This is in no way a troll post, it is not flame bait and it absolutely is NOT due to a loss of items or anything so small minded as taking a loss. It is however incredibly bullshit in my eyes and needs to be addressed properly. I will refrain from naming names as I don't feel its needed and will only dilute the point i am trying to make, its not the what that happened, its the how and the why and the consequence.

Yesterday in the middle of the afternoon UK time, early hours of the morning for me, I was with a friend driving through the city when we passed a police car in the middle of the street and a bunch of officers essentially clowning around with a person who i believe was from AE looking at the uniform. It seemed likely they were just pissing about through boredom or whatever, I slowed my van and came around them and observed all traffic lights heading westbound towards LS customs near the airport. The back window was out (usual cosmetic bug) and I believe this was the reason for the ensuing traffic stop. 

The police car pulled up and the "officers" jumped out all talking at once with noone really making any sense. No warrant card was shown, no reason given for the traffic stop, leaving both of us entirely confused. My friend was in the back of the van and the officers were giggling and laughing with one climbing in the back saying he's doing a "welfare check" on the guy in the van. Another walks around and gets in the front of the car in the passenger seat. It was chronically unprofessional and led to a cluster fuck of an interaction.

Multiple conversations are happening, I, at this point, am very confused so i said officer do you want me to get out of the van? I am at this point fully compliant with the police as I know, when following normal protocol for a traffic stop, they need reasonable grounds for a stop and search. I am fully intent to let them have their bit of rp, I have mine, be respectful and compliant, and we go on our separate ways.

What happens next is the big issue and the ensuing chaos which came from it. I walk around to the rear of the van. I do not get to lock it in time as the "police officer" in the front then drives off with the van. Drives down the street and apparently empties it (this was said in teamspeak after the situation) then drives it back. I feel it pertinent to add that inside the van was 140 crack cocaine rocks and 10 cocaine in the glove box. This is not strictly true as when he drove it back I saw 2 officers (one was I believe the Probie if one of you is reading) dive in to the van and show looting mechanics to say they were taking stuff out. I questioned them on it and there was no response other than laughter as they got back in their car and drove off. I checked the van seeing it had been emptied.

At this point in time I would like to highlight that the "lead officer" was a staff member, albeit quite a new one, and I would have fully expected a higher standard of RP than the shit show we were subjected to. We requested politely in teamspeak to discuss it as that was beyond a joke and if you want to get really technical "conduct unbecoming a police officer".

After trying to attempt in the initial phase of disagreement between myself, my friend and the 4 officers, the senior officer and the apparent thief split off from the 2 juniors and we sat in a channel to discuss what had happened. The junior staff member asked if we wanted another staff member (neutral third party) to preside. We agreed.

Without going over the entire back and forth both felt that the crux of the matter is as follows. It was completely shit rp. It was also a form of power gaming (using the police assets, guise etc and powers) to pull over a private citizen. The power gaming claim was dismissed by the staff member as it was all OK to do so in character as police. Their counter claims of well take it through the judiciary etc knowing full well we were carrying illegal items and were in NO WAY ever going to do so for self incrimination which is just ludicrous only lends credence to the power gaming claim in my mind. It was a forced situation where the only people who would benefit were the "officers" and that's exactly what happened.

The key point i raise now is that this is normal and acceptable within RPUK to play a corrupt police officer, so long as you are of the rank of sergeant or below. It is not OK to be an inspector and be corrupt. I find that laughable and borderline bullshit but that's the explanation that was given.

As said previously I feel the standard of RP was absolutely shithouse and should have been so much better. Plenty of arguments were made from the police officers side saying you didn't have to stop, you could have done other stuff, basically everything was an excuse to get out of the fact they did something which is entirely shitty and found it completely hilarious to do so, Staff member included. The fact that the Offending officer even tried to say well i climbed in your van and saw cocaine in it (using an in char excuse for an out of char issue) which obviously he didn't was comedy at the least.

When the 2nd staff member joined the call to preside over the discussion we were both asked did we have footage. My friend didn't as he was on a laptop(not that powerful), I didn't because I'd closed medal for that evening due to lag as the server filled and didn't have it on. Given the fact of the issue brought about by the 2 remaining police officers, for integrities sake, I am reasonably confident they would have had clips recording but as was, neither proffered to upload said footage as I  believe it would be self incriminating. Again, this is after the fact and I am trying to show the justification for the post and the shit show for what it was. They could have easily offered this but both kept incredibly quiet.

In the end the call went round and round and round. While the 2nd staff member ruled that no official server rules were broken and there was nothing to be discussed on that, one of the officers said OK well if you feel so strongly ill hand the stuff back. At this point we were informed no "I am not happy with you 2 browbeating over this issue to get your stuff returned" and it was not given back. This was by the neutral third party.  Again, really not the issue but if you're gonna tell a story its better to get all the facts. Their defence was basically fix this in rp, file a complaint, blah blah blah, anything but we abused our position and gave really shit rp and the more important point here is one which I feel was lost on all people involved in the call and that is that a very dangerous precedent has just been set.

In allowing "corrupt cop" roleplay you have essentially just legitimised and weaponised the police force to become a gang. With a badge and all the privileges that come with it. As has been argued in all the other posts here that the police get everything handed to them (gear wise) you have essentially allowed a group of players (lead by a staff member) to cherry pick what standards they do and don't follow and disguise it as Role-play. They have taken their criminal mentality and fused it with their police personas, essentially taking the best of both worlds to now do whatever the fuck they please on the server and hide away behind "Its corrupt rp, its ok"

I would have had less of an issue with this too had the roleplay been of a much higher standard than 4 schoolboys dressed as police. Rping the sobriety test, rping the potential search of the vehicle for x reasons, even pulling a fuckin gun out and handcuffing us and taking us away some where for a chat and actually trying to roleplay a kidnapping by corrupt police officers would have been pretty fucking cool and I would have gone along with it as it would have been entertaining, having a front row seat to that, a complete plot twist as it were. Instead it was 4 giggling schoolboys. I apologise in advance if this sounds like a flame its merely to show comparison in support of the post.

Cause and effect. The police players complained viciously apparently only a few short months ago about being used as vending machines because people wanted to get hold of guns quickly and they got it changed to what it is now. I remember maybe 6 or 8 months ago Charles vane saying the gun control measures put in place now (the stringent control) was done to stop the server devolving in to a wild west shoot-out over a traffic stop as it stopped some players wanting to play. And now the boot is firmly on the other foot.

Effectively, yesterdays behaviour could easily give full carte blanche to anyone on the server now wanting to use that same excuse to open up on a police officer at the slightest provocation. Traffic stop? Boom Headshot! sorry I thought you might try and rob me. This is swerving dangerously close to american gun culture, given current world events,  and not a British server at all. Maybe change the name of the LSPD to Rampart Division instead and go all in on the corruption angle.......

As a white listed faction I expect a  higher standard of role play than your average pleb street punk. The police should be held to this. Staff members even more so. You are effectively GM's and should be acting as such. You should be guiding and leading not doing what suits you and laughing about it and sitting quiet when you get caught or called out.

I have never, ever made a report on the forum. I am not 100% sure I would have made a report on this one even with footage as while, as previously stated, no rule was broken I still feel this "situation" warranted the discussion.  I have never even been in to a teamspeak call with someone over a situation in the game because 99% of it needs to stay there, in the game, but, as you can probably tell by now, I felt very strongly about this particular incident given who was involved and the general lack of intelligence/empathy to try to see a different POV than the one which they followed.

I think it needed to be posted publicly and I hope I have made my points in a way that shows that the entirety of the whitelisted community RP'ers absolutely HAVE to be held accountable and do a lot better.

One final point, the neutral party staff member said, at one point, "we cant make rules up for every single situation that crops up". NO, i fully agree with that, but you absolutely can make some more specific rules for governance of interaction on a server by certain factions and that's the entire point of this post.

I would like to also add, that after the conversation over this issue had been ended (i will not say resolved) we left and my friend received a call from another colleague/community partner of his to "discuss" comments made in the ts call. There was no need for this, it was completely unrelated and yet the staff member involved obviously felt the need to go and tell the other person about some of the comments made? What kind of bullshit is this? I add that, again not for flame bait, but simply to highlight facts of what occurred and let the court of public opinion  make its own ruling.

Thank you for reading. I hope I have been able to iterate a little clearer, my arguments for why i was annoyed, with the benefit of a good nights sleep and a cooler head and the time to fully articulate properly. I also hope this garners some serious discussion behind closed doors as a result of this and some tangible, positive change occurs.

I think 140 crack rocks is a small price to pay for that, 10/10 would do it again 🙂

Agreed. For a serious roleplay server, it wasn't very serious. The maturity was non-existent. I've seen better robbery rp from the poorest criminals tbh. 

I think all whitelisted factions should be held to a higher standard of rp as the only one I've ever seen show a consistent high class experience on the server so far is actually the NHS and they should be commended for it. 

If the whitelisted factions get more dev support and time devoted they really ought to think about how they actually go about earning that very limited and valuable resource. 

@Ade Good Morning, Firstly I want to appologise that you have had such a bad interaction with members of the police service and even if no seer rules were broke in the police service we do hold our officers to account for things like this so I would invite you to make a formal complaint about the officers in roleplay and it will then get looked into by the relivent command units.  

With regards to the corrupt roleplay I personally have never role played as a corrupt officer however I do believe it has a place as IRL there are officers who are either corrupt or fall bellow the standards and that the rule limiting it to PC and Sgt is a good compromise allowing officers who wish to roleplay that to do so and also opening a RP avenue for the police to investigate and bring charges against there own. I was part of a police misconduct board last night who dismissed an officer for falling below the required standard. 

I agree  with your point that whitelisted groups should have a high standard or RP however I also believe this should be extended to members of established gangs as they represent a huge aspect of the roleplay in the city and this directly reflects on the community as a whole. For my part since taking command of the frontline division I have been working on introducing policy and procedures to improve the officers in the city and improve the experience for both the police and public alike.  

If you would like to discuss this directly with me feel free to drop me a message and like i said there is a mechanism in RP for allegations against officers to be looked into if you wish to explore that also. 

A warning to all as this one is going to get very, very long I have no doubt. I feel the need to share it to the wider public as I think it is relevant to this thread and the police force and the broader community.

I would like to preface the following with a disclaimer. This is in no way a troll post, it is not flame bait and it absolutely is NOT due to a loss of items or anything so small minded as taking a loss. It is however incredibly bullshit in my eyes and needs to be addressed properly. I will refrain from naming names as I don't feel its needed and will only dilute the point i am trying to make, its not the what that happened, its the how and the why and the consequence.

Yesterday in the middle of the afternoon UK time, early hours of the morning for me, I was with a friend driving through the city when we passed a police car in the middle of the street and a bunch of officers essentially clowning around with a person who i believe was from AE looking at the uniform. It seemed likely they were just pissing about through boredom or whatever, I slowed my van and came around them and observed all traffic lights heading westbound towards LS customs near the airport. The back window was out (usual cosmetic bug) and I believe this was the reason for the ensuing traffic stop. 

The police car pulled up and the "officers" jumped out all talking at once with noone really making any sense. No warrant card was shown, no reason given for the traffic stop, leaving both of us entirely confused. My friend was in the back of the van and the officers were giggling and laughing with one climbing in the back saying he's doing a "welfare check" on the guy in the van. Another walks around and gets in the front of the car in the passenger seat. It was chronically unprofessional and led to a cluster fuck of an interaction.

Multiple conversations are happening, I, at this point, am very confused so i said officer do you want me to get out of the van? I am at this point fully compliant with the police as I know, when following normal protocol for a traffic stop, they need reasonable grounds for a stop and search. I am fully intent to let them have their bit of rp, I have mine, be respectful and compliant, and we go on our separate ways.

What happens next is the big issue and the ensuing chaos which came from it. I walk around to the rear of the van. I do not get to lock it in time as the "police officer" in the front then drives off with the van. Drives down the street and apparently empties it (this was said in teamspeak after the situation) then drives it back. I feel it pertinent to add that inside the van was 140 crack cocaine rocks and 10 cocaine in the glove box. This is not strictly true as when he drove it back I saw 2 officers (one was I believe the Probie if one of you is reading) dive in to the van and show looting mechanics to say they were taking stuff out. I questioned them on it and there was no response other than laughter as they got back in their car and drove off. I checked the van seeing it had been emptied.

At this point in time I would like to highlight that the "lead officer" was a staff member, albeit quite a new one, and I would have fully expected a higher standard of RP than the shit show we were subjected to. We requested politely in teamspeak to discuss it as that was beyond a joke and if you want to get really technical "conduct unbecoming a police officer".

After trying to attempt in the initial phase of disagreement between myself, my friend and the 4 officers, the senior officer and the apparent thief split off from the 2 juniors and we sat in a channel to discuss what had happened. The junior staff member asked if we wanted another staff member (neutral third party) to preside. We agreed.

Without going over the entire back and forth both felt that the crux of the matter is as follows. It was completely shit rp. It was also a form of power gaming (using the police assets, guise etc and powers) to pull over a private citizen. The power gaming claim was dismissed by the staff member as it was all OK to do so in character as police. Their counter claims of well take it through the judiciary etc knowing full well we were carrying illegal items and were in NO WAY ever going to do so for self incrimination which is just ludicrous only lends credence to the power gaming claim in my mind. It was a forced situation where the only people who would benefit were the "officers" and that's exactly what happened.

The key point i raise now is that this is normal and acceptable within RPUK to play a corrupt police officer, so long as you are of the rank of sergeant or below. It is not OK to be an inspector and be corrupt. I find that laughable and borderline bullshit but that's the explanation that was given.

As said previously I feel the standard of RP was absolutely shithouse and should have been so much better. Plenty of arguments were made from the police officers side saying you didn't have to stop, you could have done other stuff, basically everything was an excuse to get out of the fact they did something which is entirely shitty and found it completely hilarious to do so, Staff member included. The fact that the Offending officer even tried to say well i climbed in your van and saw cocaine in it (using an in char excuse for an out of char issue) which obviously he didn't was comedy at the least.

When the 2nd staff member joined the call to preside over the discussion we were both asked did we have footage. My friend didn't as he was on a laptop(not that powerful), I didn't because I'd closed medal for that evening due to lag as the server filled and didn't have it on. Given the fact of the issue brought about by the 2 remaining police officers, for integrities sake, I am reasonably confident they would have had clips recording but as was, neither proffered to upload said footage as I  believe it would be self incriminating. Again, this is after the fact and I am trying to show the justification for the post and the shit show for what it was. They could have easily offered this but both kept incredibly quiet.

In the end the call went round and round and round. While the 2nd staff member ruled that no official server rules were broken and there was nothing to be discussed on that, one of the officers said OK well if you feel so strongly ill hand the stuff back. At this point we were informed no "I am not happy with you 2 browbeating over this issue to get your stuff returned" and it was not given back. This was by the neutral third party.  Again, really not the issue but if you're gonna tell a story its better to get all the facts. Their defence was basically fix this in rp, file a complaint, blah blah blah, anything but we abused our position and gave really shit rp and the more important point here is one which I feel was lost on all people involved in the call and that is that a very dangerous precedent has just been set.

In allowing "corrupt cop" roleplay you have essentially just legitimised and weaponised the police force to become a gang. With a badge and all the privileges that come with it. As has been argued in all the other posts here that the police get everything handed to them (gear wise) you have essentially allowed a group of players (lead by a staff member) to cherry pick what standards they do and don't follow and disguise it as Role-play. They have taken their criminal mentality and fused it with their police personas, essentially taking the best of both worlds to now do whatever the fuck they please on the server and hide away behind "Its corrupt rp, its ok"

I would have had less of an issue with this too had the roleplay been of a much higher standard than 4 schoolboys dressed as police. Rping the sobriety test, rping the potential search of the vehicle for x reasons, even pulling a fuckin gun out and handcuffing us and taking us away some where for a chat and actually trying to roleplay a kidnapping by corrupt police officers would have been pretty fucking cool and I would have gone along with it as it would have been entertaining, having a front row seat to that, a complete plot twist as it were. Instead it was 4 giggling schoolboys. I apologise in advance if this sounds like a flame its merely to show comparison in support of the post.

Cause and effect. The police players complained viciously apparently only a few short months ago about being used as vending machines because people wanted to get hold of guns quickly and they got it changed to what it is now. I remember maybe 6 or 8 months ago Charles vane saying the gun control measures put in place now (the stringent control) was done to stop the server devolving in to a wild west shoot-out over a traffic stop as it stopped some players wanting to play. And now the boot is firmly on the other foot.

Effectively, yesterdays behaviour could easily give full carte blanche to anyone on the server now wanting to use that same excuse to open up on a police officer at the slightest provocation. Traffic stop? Boom Headshot! sorry I thought you might try and rob me. This is swerving dangerously close to american gun culture, given current world events,  and not a British server at all. Maybe change the name of the LSPD to Rampart Division instead and go all in on the corruption angle.......

As a white listed faction I expect a  higher standard of role play than your average pleb street punk. The police should be held to this. Staff members even more so. You are effectively GM's and should be acting as such. You should be guiding and leading not doing what suits you and laughing about it and sitting quiet when you get caught or called out.

I have never, ever made a report on the forum. I am not 100% sure I would have made a report on this one even with footage as while, as previously stated, no rule was broken I still feel this "situation" warranted the discussion.  I have never even been in to a teamspeak call with someone over a situation in the game because 99% of it needs to stay there, in the game, but, as you can probably tell by now, I felt very strongly about this particular incident given who was involved and the general lack of intelligence/empathy to try to see a different POV than the one which they followed.

I think it needed to be posted publicly and I hope I have made my points in a way that shows that the entirety of the whitelisted community RP'ers absolutely HAVE to be held accountable and do a lot better.

One final point, the neutral party staff member said, at one point, "we cant make rules up for every single situation that crops up". NO, i fully agree with that, but you absolutely can make some more specific rules for governance of interaction on a server by certain factions and that's the entire point of this post.

I would like to also add, that after the conversation over this issue had been ended (i will not say resolved) we left and my friend received a call from another colleague/community partner of his to "discuss" comments made in the ts call. There was no need for this, it was completely unrelated and yet the staff member involved obviously felt the need to go and tell the other person about some of the comments made? What kind of bullshit is this? I add that, again not for flame bait, but simply to highlight facts of what occurred and let the court of public opinion  make its own ruling.

Thank you for reading. I hope I have been able to iterate a little clearer, my arguments for why i was annoyed, with the benefit of a good nights sleep and a cooler head and the time to fully articulate properly. I also hope this garners some serious discussion behind closed doors as a result of this and some tangible, positive change occurs.

I think 140 crack rocks is a small price to pay for that, 10/10 would do it again 🙂
Corrupt officers do get looked into and you can make police complaints ingame which do get seen and handled

if the complaint it basically shit rp though, thats not really an RP complaint. If its just a case of the copper helps himself to whatever is in your car with NO RP whatsoever, how does that get handled? thats the issue. If there had been an arrest search and charge then it wouldnt be an issue. As it was it was just a cop who decided to be a dick and help himself to whatever was in the car with no attempt at RP. 

From reading the days of Arma, it was akin to being opened up on in Arma without initiating. something which i recall many people took a dim view of. 

if the complaint it basically shit rp though, thats not really an RP complaint. If its just a case of the copper helps himself to whatever is in your car with NO RP whatsoever, how does that get handled? thats the issue. If there had been an arrest search and charge then it wouldnt be an issue. As it was it was just a cop who decided to be a dick and help himself to whatever was in the car with no attempt at RP. 

From reading the days of Arma, it was akin to being opened up on in Arma without initiating. something which i recall many people took a dim view of. 
Potentiality conduct unbecoming of a constable, breach of the required professional standards 

Back