What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Staticz's new PC

Staticz

The UNMC Sgt.
528761478fe9719f741dc5397718bdf1.png

Thanks for @lionel and @Zeito for the help on my old topic more pictures to come of the build went a bit over budget but worth it in the end :)

c0a08952447add3f477b6d66a252c5c7.jpg

7ab454f9389c319e04b19f8a00d6c123.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you planning to do on this computer? It looks like it can be made a bit better at the 1k price point depending on what you want to do, for example if you are not going to overclock then you don't need a "K" processor nor do you need the cpu cooler which will give you more money to put towards a better gpu like a 1070 or rx 480.

You could even just swap out the gtx 1060 for a rx 480 as its a better gpu for around the same price point and supports games that run dx12.

Adding onto my point, if you already have a computer you can reuse the HDD from it instead of buying a new one but obviously, it would be best to buy a new one if the current HDD is small in storage.

What are you planning to do on this computer? It looks like it can be made a bit better at the 1k price point depending on what you want to do, for example if you are not going to overclock then you don't need a "K" processor nor do you need the cpu cooler which will give you more money to put towards a better gpu like a 1070 or rx 480.

You could even just swap out the gtx 1060 for a rx 480 as its a better gpu for around the same price point and supports games that run dx12.

Adding onto my point, if you already have a computer you can reuse the HDD from it instead of buying a new one but obviously, it would be best to buy a new one if the current HDD is small in storage.
Well if hes planing on playing arma like the most of us here a 1060 is more than enough, The 1060 also will surfice for most every game around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if hes planing on playing arma like the most of us here a 1060 is more than enough, The 1060 also will surfice for most every game around.
Most of the time its easier to install a different GPU than new CPU so I would rather have a better CPU with a GPU I can upgrade it in the future with more ease

@jamzio1234 

I respect your opinion but im speaking from a point where i had an r9 290x which is AMD and now having a gtx980.

@Staticz I would highly suggest getting only INVIDIA and choose the gtx980 since its better for a very close price...

@jamzio1234 

I respect your opinion but im speaking from a point where i had an r9 290x which is AMD and now having a gtx980.

@Staticz I would highly suggest getting only INVIDIA and choose the gtx980 since its better for a very close price...
Everything was ordered when I put this up you know right?

Oh, well its a dope setup and if u get more money instead of buying a better graphics card just buy another one of these and SLI them.
Going SLI is the worst idea, SLI at the moment in gaming is unsupported, buggy and an overall mess, keep too the 1060 it'll work for you Staticz.

Going SLI is the worst idea, SLI at the moment in gaming is unsupported, buggy and an overall mess, keep too the 1060 it'll work for you Staticz.
true, SLI doesn't double your gpu power it just spreads the same load between both cards making it easier to cope with loads but not using the true power of each card, you should really only SLI old gen cards that are struggling , the newer cards can cope fine with most current games, also remember that your card may be good but you need  good cpu ram motherboard to get the full potential of it!

true, SLI doesn't double your gpu power it just spreads the same load between both cards making it easier to cope with loads but not using the true power of each card, you should really only SLI old gen cards that are struggling , the newer cards can cope fine with most current games, also remember that your card may be good but you need  good cpu ram motherboard to get the full potential of it!
FALSE

SLI has a massive performance boost,

just check benchmarks buddy...

it doesnt double but sure as hell is better then throwing / selling old graphics card for a new one.

and anything above an I5 wont bottleneck Most graphics cards. (Unless its a TITAN Z XD)

FALSE

SLI has a massive performance boost,

just check benchmarks buddy...

it doesnt double but sure as hell is better then throwing / selling old graphics card for a new one.

and anything above an I5 wont bottleneck Most graphics cards. (Unless its a TITAN Z XD)
SLI as said, gives peformance boosts in some but not all. It's buggy and optimised for many games as it'll likely CTD on some games.

Back