What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Steam pretty much formatted itself.

Shepherd

UNMC Sgt.
Alright, I went to bed last night everything fine. Preparing for my holiday and all. Woke up this morning to play a couple of games before leaving for the flight. Log into Steam and all my games are gone, as in gone gone. My instant reaction is to google. People said they have this problem all the time and all my files are still there, I just need to restart my PC. Nope. So next I check my Steam Directory: Every single game folder is gone. The Steam directory was pretty much empty and my System Restore Points/Steam Restore points have deleted. Now I am thinking the only way to fix this is to reinstall all my games. 

Note: Alot of other things also deleted off of my D drive (Drive where steam is located)

Any ideas? 

Thank You in advance!

UPDATE:

After looking for deleted things on my D Drive see if I could notice what had gone, I realised that I was wrong it wasn't my D Drive that had 'fucked up' it was only a folder inside of the drive called 'Games'. This folder was where I installed most things game related: Steam, Origin etc. After going into my steam library I noticed PUBG is still installed (The only game still there) and PUBG is on my SSD, allegedly helps with FPS etc. 

So it was the 'Games' folder that has cleared itself. Also I tried system restore all the restore points have been deleted for some unknown reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
And your sure you didn't manually delete them in your sleep?

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed the problem. Used Data Recovery software and in the end I just decided that I would reinstall the games, I could have done with clearing out my Steam Library anyway.

Back