What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Stop Firearms clicking a single keybind to put all their gear on

JimR

Just me personally I don't see it as very realistic when some nobhead in a hawaiian shirt and shorts can click a single keybind to put on a full firearms vest, firearms helmet, the lot. I see it as borderline exploiting as they are taking the fact you can set multiple things to a keybind and using it to gain an advantage. I'm not against people going UC, but its plain unrealistic for this to happen.

Can't wait for this to get downvoted by police mains who don't realise they need crims on the server to RP with. 

It's a FiveM feature so that people aren't playing MenuRP for 5 minutes. I'm not going to downvote what you're saying because I understand your issue isn't with the mechanic itself, it's with someone throwing on a bunch of gear in 2 seconds when they were basically naked a few seconds ago. This isn't exclusive to the police though, as anyone can use these binds to quickly take off their gang colors/masks/etc. The police generally just wear more shit they have to put on and off that would be incredibly tedious to slowly take on and off one by one in the menu. 

hit and miss, gangs tend to do the same(obviously not with as many clothing items as police), but i don't think it should be disallowed.

a counter to this suggestion is more, make it so it does all the animations for the clothing as if you put it on one at a time instead, obviously would also affect crims/civs.

-1 to simply disallowing a fraction of the server to do a keybind thing that everyone else then would be allowed to do, +1 to add animations for all the clothing one at a time

It's a function within the server that all sides can use, and do use...all the time. However, I do agree with the 'realistic' side of things, even though you can carry around concrete barriers with no problems 😂, it would be worth using the wait function to delay the pieces of clothing being put on, simulating the time to put the clothing on. This does raise a question, how do staff punish this? What rule break would it come under? What context would it be deemed a rule break, only in a situation where they used it to blatantly give an advantage or in general? etc. 

Do you have any videos to describe the situations you deem to be borderline exploiting so those reading can understand your thoughts better and the situations you describe? Overall, I'm fine with it as long as both sides play by the same rules. It'd be unfair otherwise. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m technically a cop main, have been since I joined in 2021 basically.

+1 for me. BUT - I think it should also apply for the crims. The clips i’ve seen from both crims and police look stupid when they use it, or when they use it in the way they do. 

Walking up to someone shirtless, or undercover for example, going right beside them and throwing on a gang vest OR full police equipment at the click of a button and attacking them or whatever just seems a bit unrealistic to me.

I understand why both parties use it but to me doesn’t really seem like the way forward in terms of RP

Should be a blanket rule for the whole server

I do admit, I use this myself although I use it mainly for helmet and mask.

For example, I use "0" for helmet and "9" for mask.

On the rare occation when UC, ill use "8" which I have down to do multiple but have been working on a way to have it so there is a decent gap between without making it look stupid.

I do try and get behind something before putting it on but I agree, there should be a wait before putting some items on like shirts, masks and vests.

It also makes it better for bigger situations where the menu becomes laggy and you can press a button instead of waiting for the UI to work.

+ 1 if its a blanket rule rather then just for police

Appreciate everyones feedback, and I agree crims have also taken the piss with this feature. Only reason I specifically mentioned the police side is I feel throwing on a mask is less of an issue than full firearms gear due to the size + weight difference. Still, something needs to be done about both sides.

I don't agree with the keybind being removed, personally, I tend to take the time to run to the boot of my car, hit the keybind and then do what I need to do but I can certainly see how this can be seen as a pain in the arse.

+1 to Nikolai's suggested implementation of a wait timer.

I haven't seen this myself as I don't interact with firearms enough however if this is the case then Yeah, to just instantly slap all that on is a little silly ain't it? 

+1

(This is my personal opinion and NOT the opinion of Staff)

Yeah, should have a delay time, like putting on armour for example!

+1

(This is also my personal opinion and NOT the opinion of Donators)

1 to simply disallowing a fraction of the server to do a keybind thing that everyone else then would be allowed to do, +1 to add animations for all the clothing one at a time
i like this and think this is fair- key-bind thing wouldn't be an issues if everyone still has to carry out the individual animations.

What rule break would it come under? What context would it be deemed a rule break,
Common sense if it’s being used to gain an advantage. 

I haven’t seen anyone with multiple clothing pieces on one key bind, but seems bit silly to throw on a full outfit in 1 second. +1 to disallow multiple items on one key bind, although I think key binding clothing should still be allowed (for everyone, not just one group). 

Common sense if it’s being used to gain an advantage. 

I haven’t seen anyone with multiple clothing pieces on one key bind, but seems bit silly to throw on a full outfit in 1 second. +1 to disallow multiple items on one key bind, although I think key binding clothing should still be allowed (for everyone, not just one group). 
I have my vest (vest), bodycam and radio (bag), leg holster (chain), and police cap (hat) all binded to one key. I have mask and glasses binded to another. I think multiple items on a key bind should be allowed (I do mine in my vehicle or behind my vehicle to make it realistic) but I'd be more than happy if it just took a lot longer to throw your shit on with 1 key bind. I think the utility of the key bind with multiple things is great, just make it longer. 

This seems like something that should be covered by common sense and powergaming if it's used for an advantage.

Back