What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Store robberies

William Antrim

Please increase the profit from the tills for the stores to like £20k+ 

Robberies should be "profitable" as the player needs an incentive to spend their time doing it. Sometimes they get caught of course but sometimes they can get away which gives them the incentive to try and have a go. This would give more of that incentive without imbalancing things too much. 

More RP for the cops tbh. 

My question is, does it come out of the store owners actual money they have in storage for the shop?

If so - this would be so crap we'd be left with 0 lol.. if not, then this would be good I guess.

My question is, does it come out of the store owners actual money they have in storage for the shop?

If so - this would be so crap we'd be left with 0 lol.. if not, then this would be good I guess.
This used to be the case, pretty sure it still is

(My opinion and not of the staff team)

Last edited by a moderator:
This used to be the case, pretty sure it still is

(My opinion and not of the staff team)
Yeah so I feel like this would be too much of an easy way for the criminal to make money [shop robberies are easy tbf] and crappy for the shop owner as 20k per robbery is alot and I feel like people would do it more often unless robberies could only be done like per hour or per storm? Still hmm.. idk.

Yeah so I feel like this would be too much of an easy way for the criminal to make money [shop robberies are easy tbf] and crappy for the shop owner as 20k per robbery is alot and I feel like people would do it more often unless robberies could only be done like per hour or per storm? Still hmm.. idk.
add other complications to it

Robbing a shop? you need to stay nearby otherwise the till person isn't scared anymore. AKA also known as don't exit the shop

It would only be crap if you LET the robbery happen. There are plenty of ways to secure the shop, whereever it may be. I personally think it should come out of the shop money. let the shop owner sort the issue out, just like a real business. lots of people on this forum seem to crave the realism.

I don't think the money comes out of the owners pocket but tbh if that's the only sticking point then it can be made as a separate entity I'm sure. 

At the end of the day it's creating more content for the people in the city, if there is a  cost to that then it can be shared out easily. 

+1 I feel this is a more than reasonable amount, however as some have mentioned I do feel, if not all a percentage should be taken from the store owner. It will then be a case of trying to resolve the matter like any other business, would maybe be an idea for a start up insurance company to start up 👀

I think @Rachiieeis right, people will always try and hit it constantly. And if you aren't around, with 20k each time you could  wipe out a shop with few 100k in the storage very quickly. I'd say do it once per storm. Maybe only add it to the stores later in day when there is more police presence. 

It's the foundations of a good idea, but to work may need adjustments

It would only be crap if you LET the robbery happen. There are plenty of ways to secure the shop, whereever it may be. I personally think it should come out of the shop money. let the shop owner sort the issue out, just like a real business. lots of people on this forum seem to crave the realism.
but realism isn’t a shop being robbed every 10 minutes yano?

and also, i’m not on the server 24/7.. usually I get home from work and get on for 8pm so that’s a whole day of 20k robberies 🤣

and also, i’m not on the server 24/7.. usually I get home from work and get on for 8pm so that’s a whole day of 20k robberies 🤣
So if the profit came from an alternate source - in the same way that drivers get paid for delivering to your shop for example - then you'd support the idea? 

Genuinely interested as it sounds like you're a shop owner so your input is probably more valuable in this area. 

tbh i can even imagine this being used as a vendetta kinda of thing if a gang is at war with another just camp a shop and rob it 24/7 ahhaahah.

I can't see a good way to balance it my reasons for it being:

---> People could just coordinate multiple shop robberies at the same time to split up all the police meaning they won't be able to attend to all of them.

---> Can do multiple robberies in a short amount of time that the shops might aswell just go in debt 24/7.

---> I doubt that the shop owner will even be able to react considering people are not in game all the time so probably won't even be able to protect their shop and have to rely on police which without being harsh are not reliable responding to shop robberies.

---> It's kinda hard to balance considering the reasons i mentioned and the fact that every shop earns different amounts of money which means that robbing 20k for a shop in a really remote location would just remove most of their profit in lets say 2 Days or 3 Days. (this depends on location obviously could be more)

---> People would stop putting effort into shops considering they are more of a "burden" than an actual advantage per say, Examples of this would be that shops wouldn't be able to pay their employees for their work and also their work wouldn't be worth it considering the money and time spent on that work.

Not saying its a bad idea, just saying that its really hard to balance if it comes of the shop owner's pocket its the same as the fuel deliveries where it depends on how much you sell your fuel its how much you can pay the driver, its the same considering the employees of said shop have to get paid aswell for their work like smoothies, Fruit, Plastic, Oil, Bags, Zipties etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
So if the profit came from an alternate source - in the same way that drivers get paid for delivering to your shop for example - then you'd support the idea? 

Genuinely interested as it sounds like you're a shop owner so your input is probably more valuable in this area. 
i’d say yes it’d be probably a good idea BUT there would have to be a whole new play to it. It’s far too easy atm to rob so if there was going to be a bigger pay out it would for sure have to be harder imo

• Add a cooldown of atleast 1 hour
  • Make it harder and easier (you get an option to rob more or less, if you choose more then you have to wait longer)
  • Make it so if you go a certain distance away from the shop then it fails

• Add a cooldown of atleast 1 hour
  • Make it harder and easier (you get an option to rob more or less, if you choose more then you have to wait longer)
  • Make it so if you go a certain distance away from the shop then it fails
+1 to Raj's suggestion.

That is the only way the original suggestion will work. We can't just expect things to give us more money without some changes, or it'll just be broken from the get go.

Back