What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Strengthen the currency

__saiint__

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Trainer
So, as we all know and can see, the inflation rate in the city is currently astronomical. Its not a huge issue, and I realise some people do enjoy looking at their accounts and seeing millions. However, I do have to admit my immersion falters a little when I find myself paying £400 for a smoothie, £500,000 for a mid-range vehicle or £2000 for a tank of petrol. Its the same as when I'm earning £3,000 - £10,000 for taxi jobs, or getting £700 in return for a couple of bags of probably pretty mediocre cocaine. 

My suggestion would be to move the decimal point to the left a time, for all incoming and outgoing transactions/prices, or something similar. 

Pros: More immersion, nobody would lose any currently held currency as currency would change across the board, prices would be more familiar - I don't imagine there would be much work needed to implement this. (but then again I don't know) 

Cons: it would be harder to reach those big numbers we like looking at in our accounts, businesses and private sales operatives would possibly need to re-evaluate price lists, and sales documentation, Staff would have an unknown amount of work to do.

Again this is just an idea, I believe it would work well in the case of immersion - but I could equally understand if its not an idea people jump at. I welcome ideas or opinions on this 🙂 I also have no idea how much work it would actually be to implement, even though it seems like it could be quite simple. 

+1 I was going to suggest this ages ago I'd love to see it happen

It makes sense. Nobody in theory is loosing money and it looks more logical in a server setting when you are buying and selling. 

It makes sense. Nobody in theory is loosing money and it looks more logical in a server setting when you are buying and selling. 
Exactly, it wouldn't effect server balance in the slightest - being a millionaire would actually be a massive flex. I fully believe it would allow people to strive to create more roleplay through their ambition to make more money. 

Could be a nice addition to make it more realistic. Reducing the numbers would affect certain items like powdered milk, plastic bags etc and devs would need to add pence to the Inventory UI I. Some purchases already give you pence, but I think they just round it up to the nearest number.

tbf this is how i usually think of things so when i pay £400 for a smoothie im thinking actually this is only costing me £4.00 also you can set decimal points on the prices of thigs already so might as well have pennies

It's not a bad idea, and I agree paying several hundred pounds for a smoothie doesn't do much for immersion. I can imagine it's going to be a pain to rebalance the economy around it, though. 

It's not a bad idea, and I agree paying several hundred pounds for a smoothie doesn't do much for immersion. I can imagine it's going to be a pain to rebalance the economy around it, though. 
Economy wouldn't really change, only the "appearance" of the currency. 50000£ would then become 5000,00£, prices on items would also follow.

I agree Think this would be a great change

I really think this should be implemented it would be brilliant, tho I also can't wait to be robbed and all I have is 50p in me pocket 😂

But would be much more immersive when buying items £100 for a bottle of water sounds mad, but £1.00 sounds real

Plus won't make everyone sound super rich saying yea I have 30mil in my account it's now 300k, still alot yes but sounds less strange

+1 I come on RPUK to get away from the stresses of real life and inflation - only to then see a £75 apple.

Back