What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Suggestion: Sociable Money Making Changes

Lily Rose

Donator
Donator
Los Santos NHS
Brief Summary:
Changes to the current prices the fish market buys for, as well as the junk dealer in order to bring back sociable activities for making money.

Detailed Suggestion:
Currently a lot of players share the same sentiment, making money is hard- and I dont think that should fundamentally change. However, the idea to make a decent amount to stay in time with the current prices of vehicles, activities, supplies and of course weaponry you're stuck to: Trucking, Taxi-ing, or max-levelled food delivery. These on average net between 70-85k per hour.

While I don't believe this needs to change, its highly unsociable. Most people log in to roleplay, not to sit holding W for three hours straight, just so they can participate in roleplay.

Currently the junk dealer buys items for:
Binoculars: 0
Hemp Wadding: 50
Lockpick: 200
Memory Chip: 300
Sheet of Plastic: 100
Small PCB: 250
Spring: 225

I would suggest it changes to:
Binoculars: 400
Hemp Wadding: 50
Lockpick: 200
Memory Chip: 300
Sheet of Plastic: 100
Small PCB: 250
Spring: 450
Silica Sand: 20

I would suggest fish prices, but I dont know the balance well!

The reason for this, is when the junk dealer came out, people were turned away from grinding money via crime, people sat together, chatting, roleplaying, listening to music and generally it made the experience far better. I understand that the grind is a way to essentially make people think before they waste items, and should put someone off from using their more expensive items (i.e. a gun) without thinking, as they know if they lose it they are punished via the ways of refunding themselves so they can continue, but this shouldn't have to apply for everyone. By bringing panning back, but with still a nerf from the original amount, it capitalises on an average of 70k per hour from the current 40-50k, so while it does keep a level of punishment and trade-off due to it being a much more enjoyable activity to do.

Essentially, for people who can dedicate 5-6 hours a day to roleplay function extremely well off of the current system, but people who have an hour or so a night are stuck in a loop of just being unable to catch up. This just at least lets those people who have that small time to have sociable options.

The Pros:
It promotes roleplay, people gathering and doing things together that we can make money which is a huge part of your day-to-day RP, and opens more avenues of enjoyment for players.

The Cons:
The punishing trade-off will be less.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
Yes. Any change to ways of making money would change the balance.

Back