What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Switch up the g5. 1 rule

Tadeusz

Crazy Scotsman
Lifetime Donator
Donator
Detailed Rule Suggestion:

I propose a change to the current g5.1 rule as currently there are names that have been affected by this such as "Pat Mcgroin" or those of known fictional characters such as Harry Potter. 

The current rule is left open-ended but the big addition in the change here is the focus on roleplay. "Do not use names that have either no revelvance to roleplay or that have no place within roleplay." this leaves this rule once again open ended but implements a directive for valid names other than what they should not be. 

(G5.1) Character Names - Please use a valid first name, last name combo. Do not use names of well known celebrities, political figures, terrorists etc…

Proposed change.

(5.1) Characters must have names that are both suitable and valid for roleplay. Do not use names that have either no revelvance to roleplay or that have no place within roleplay. E.g the names of terrorists, criminals, political figures and religious figures as well as any well known people or fictional characters. 

Outline how your rule will improve the server/community:

I believe this will help people understand this current rule better while being just as if not more robust in the explanation of why a players name was determined not to be considered what we are looking for. While the rule does state that we don't want obviously bad names this should help to clarify that we are also looking for names that have a real roleplay reason for existing. 

Think about any bad points your rule suggestion might have:

New rule could be seen as wordy

What punishment if any should breach of this rule have:

This rule should not result in a ban. If people are spoken to and understand that they must change it and how they do that the I believe it would not go any further. However if someone was clearly abusing by some manner then that is understandable but I think they should be treated by the respective rules C1.2/C1.10 as opposed to this rule g5.1

Back