What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Take-two Cease and Desist Modding

Julie Cel

So since this is a thing affecting the GTA community...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Should we be worried this will set an example for other game companies to follow suit? What are the chances we might see something like this from Bohemia? 

I think we as a gaming community should be more active in this fight, remember that old saying:

First they came for my friends, and I did nothing because it wasn't me.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to help.

Something like that. Anyways, let's hear some opinions on what sort of action each of us can take to protect our RP and modding communities, and the developers who work so hard on them.

-1 Arma is about mods. They wouldn't do it. Arma does not have enough content by itself to do it. Nor do they publish enough to say they are losing out by having others mod it. 

-1 Arma is about mods. They wouldn't do it. Arma does not have enough content by itself to do it. Nor do they publish enough to say they are losing out by having others mod it. 
It's about more than just arma. It's about how gaming companies are treating their customers in general. People tend to be too passive these days, both as consumers and citizens. This is another action that really needs a strong backlash. Regardless of it affects us at this moment in time or not.

You won't see it from BIS, its missions, and mods what keep arma alive otherwise it would be pretty dead without Life, KOTH, Breaking point and the general workshop.

Rockstar has microtransactions in GTA online... why would they want the focus to be off GTA online? I think if a company releases a game and gives no tools for it to be modded then the tone is set from the off, It shouldn't be modded so things like this are to be expected IMO.

Maybe it was allowed or a blind eye was turned in previous versions, I remember the days when Battlefield was modded!

Last edited by a moderator:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

UPDATE!

Back