What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Taking Police Hostage

Denzel

From 21:30 this evening taking anyone from the police is a bannable offensive until further notice.

There will be new rules around this within the next week once they have been created and discussed fully but at the moment to many cops are getting taken hostage and the roleplay factor is fading away.

In the meantime any officer under threat of being taken hostage have been advised to log out and respawn.

Thanks for your understanding
Now lets have a civil discussion here, I believe Wilco's decision to make this a bannable offense in the meantime a good judgement call. You got to look at this from both perspectives, Yes its a good jolly old laugh and fun for the rebels, but put yourself in the Officers shoes, would you like to be taken hostage and be carried around like a puppet for 30-60mins? not being able to do nothing but await for negotiations which can fail to only have yourself stuck in the middle of nowhere awaiting for your judgement call or a poor glimpse of a hope that your fellow officers will come to rescue you.

Possible rules to implement "Hostage takings" on both Police,Rebels and civilians..

• You can only take the person in question Hostage for 10minutes, you can prolong this duration if you get confirmation from the hostage. If no confirmation you must let this hostage free.
  • The Police have every right to defend themselves, and not to be taken hostage in the slightest.. It is up to the officers discretion if he wants to roleplay it out and be taken hostage.
Lets be honest here, most hostage situations are piss poor roleplay, In which only ends up with the perpetrator demanding money for the hostages safe return (Been there, done that). If anything be more creative, You can do exchanges if you have anybody inside of prison that you would like to swap with the officer, demand the government to take you off of the wanted list for exchange of the officer.. the possibilities are endless in role play sense.

One of our guys was held hostage by the police for over 3 hours the other night and was executed at the end with multiple NLR violations from the police when we were killing them. Nil chance of quid pro quo or even any dialogue at all from them.

One of our guys was held hostage by the police for over 3 hours the other night and was executed at the end with multiple NLR violations from the police when we were killing them. Nil chance of quid pro quo or even any dialogue at all from them.
Then report the players in question that violated the rules if you have any proof of evidence, I made this topic to purely discuss the views of "Hostage Roleplay" not to name and shame any particular group or people..

10 minute rule would be stupid as it takes 10 minutes to get to the hostage area. We tend to spend 1-2hours in a hostage situation. I think it'd be a good idea to say each rebel group can do 1-2 hostage takes in a 24 hour period. (The amount of officers in each hostage take can vary)

I don't exactly like this. i mean it is roleplay if we are too strong for them, better get some more cops...

If our goal is to push the cops down to the ground until they are useless and we do it in a roleplay manner why not ? :D

And i dont know for most people but we take hostages for the roleplay, not for the money. Fact being attacking them while they are training officers is a good tactic as it renders them weaker and slows down their progress.

10 minute rule would be stupid as it takes 10 minutes to get to the hostage area. We tend to spend 1-2hours in a hostage situation. I think it'd be a good idea to say each rebel group can do 1-2 hostage takes in a 24 hour period. (The amount of officers in each hostage take can vary)
If it takes you 10minutes to take them to an area you can secure, then you sir are doing it completely wrong and should organize yourselves in a better manner. Who in there right mind would like to be taken hostage for up to 2 hours, keep in mind when you are taking hostage you are basically "Out of the game", for 2 hours straight. Nope, not me sir.

you can prolong this duration if you get confirmation from the hostage. If no confirmation you must let this hostage free.
If the hostage in question believes that the roleplay in this situation will be immersive, then ofcourse it doesn't have to be 10minutes, he can give you confirmation to prolong it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thats how it is, and you arent out of the game try having fun being a hostage once :p instead of just waiting for your ransom to be payed :) ive had fun being a hostage before.

And if you dont want to me taken hostage well then, better watch your back a little bit more, noone says you have to comply you can defend yourself :)

I believe no such rules should be added to the role play of kidnapping and this is my opinion ONLY!

"You can only take the person in question Hostage for 10minutes, you can prolong this duration if you get confirmation from the hostage. If no confirmation you must let this hostage free."

Sometimes it takes police 5 minutes just to respond or get to the location of the meeting point. And then there is the negotiating part which again sometimes takes some time, if its being role played properly!!

Remember this is suppose to be a role playing server? Turning around and asking the police officer for permission to keep him longer than 10 minutes and if he says no we should let him go free? Seriously? That would never work out at all! If that was put into place the police would just drag the time out because they'll know in 10 minutes time the hostage would be set free lol.

"The Police have every right to defend themselves, and not to be taken hostage in the slightest.. It is up to the officers discretion if he wants to roleplay it out and be taken hostage."

Hell yeah the police have every right to defend themselves.

There has to be at least 3 rebels to 1 cop to preform a kidnapping anything less then the police officer can react within role play to take the rebels out. If there are 4 or 5 rebels and 1 cop then that's just stupid to start shooting and not really role playing in my opinion.

A lot of people like me do kidnappings not just for the money but for the role playing and action with the police, just like the bank jobs! We know in nearly every bank job or kidnapping we aren't going to get much money if not none, but do we care? No! Why? Because we are in it for the action and role playing. Anyone who can't handle the role playing should think twice about what they're playing.

I can understand that the police maybe getting tired of being kidnapped all the time and seems like the same old same old. If that's the case then maybe they should patrol around with more officers for back up? Be trained in what to do in a kidnapping situation? Try not to patrol around by yourself in dark places? Double the numbers to make it harder for rebels to pick out a lonely sheep! Engage in a battle if the numbers are tied please because then it opens a new role play with action and team work!

This is just my opinion of the thread its not a moan or a dig at anyone or anything. I respect everyone else's opinions and I hope everyone is having a great Sunday/father's day

If it takes you 10minutes to take them to an area you can secure, then you sir are doing it completely wrong and should organize yourselves in a better manner. Who in there right mind would like to be taken hostage for up to 2 hours, keep in mind when you are taking hostage you are basically "Out of the game", for 2 hours straight. Nope, not me sir.

If the hostage in question believes that the roleplay in this situation will be immersive, then ofcourse it doesn't have to be 10minutes, he can give you confirmation to prolong it.
Taking a hostage near kavala to take them all the way upnorth/into the redzone in a hummingbird takes a good 10 minutes, the rule of 10 minutes is a complete bullshit excuse. 

If you feel as if you are out of game during a hostage situation then you need to learn RP is what makes this game.

The hostage situation lasts as long as it takes the police to respond, and they usually take a good 25-45 minutes to even agree to meet when we have taken a hostage, so you only have to blame your own force for being incapable to respond quick enough.

Taking a hostage near kavala to take them all the way upnorth/into the redzone in a hummingbird takes a good 10 minutes, the rule of 10 minutes is a complete bullshit excuse. 

If you feel as if you are out of game during a hostage situation then you need to learn RP is what makes this game.

The hostage situation lasts as long as it takes the police to respond, and they usually take a good 25-45 minutes to even agree to meet when we have taken a hostage, so you only have to blame your own force for being incapable to respond quick enough.
Why would you take a hostage to a redzone where no RDM rules apply? This in itself needs questioning, You are taking a hostage into a zone where your life and his life is always in danger, whats stopping other rebels/groups taking you all out including the hostage when you enter the redzone.

I can understand where you are coming from, but you are looking at it in the wrong way, yes the police may take time in responding because they are busy dealing with something else. When the police are being taken hostage on a frequent basis, I wouldn't blame them if they sigh to the incoming text message you send them with "We have so and so hostage, we want to negiotiate" repetitiveness can and will get boring, this is why you need to think of other scenarios you can do with the police..

This is when "Server Events for Rebels" can come into play, but this will require active Admins to set these up, but in the long run will reward the community.

Examples of Events for rebels vs police could be as follows:

The police have The Rebel Leader hostage, and will be transporting him from Kavala to Channel 7 News for interrogation, In which they will interrogate him for 15minutes, you have untill 15minutes to help the Rebel Leader escape and get him to safety. The group or person who gets the rebel leader to safety will earn themselves a £2,000,000 reward. NLR applies.

I would like to hear the views of the police personals, who have been taking hostage before for over an hour, and how was the roleplay conducted, was it enjoyable for you? would you like to get yourself into a hostage situation more often for an excessive amount of time? What was the outcome of the scenario?

Another thing I am seeing is rebels are actually coming into police bases and trying to take them hostage, and look like they are out to try and find a person to take hostage. When they find one they say "Drop your weapon" then shoot you in the face. GG

I believe no such rules should be added to the role play of kidnapping and this is my opinion ONLY!

"You can only take the person in question Hostage for 10minutes, you can prolong this duration if you get confirmation from the hostage. If no confirmation you must let this hostage free."

Sometimes it takes police 5 minutes just to respond or get to the location of the meeting point. And then there is the negotiating part which again sometimes takes some time, if its being role played properly!!

Remember this is suppose to be a role playing server? Turning around and asking the police officer for permission to keep him longer than 10 minutes and if he says no we should let him go free? Seriously? That would never work out at all! If that was put into place the police would just drag the time out because they'll know in 10 minutes time the hostage would be set free lol.

Maybe the police force can put hostage situations high in priority, and have to start negotiations immediatly after they have received a text message from the other end, and then from there on the time period can be extended until you come to an agreement, and the hostage is either rescued or let free. If the police are prolonging the negotiations past the 10minute mark, then simply record it upload it, report it and let the admins deal with them accordingly.

"The Police have every right to defend themselves, and not to be taken hostage in the slightest.. It is up to the officers discretion if he wants to roleplay it out and be taken hostage."

Hell yeah the police have every right to defend themselves.

There has to be at least 3 rebels to 1 cop to preform a kidnapping anything less then the police officer can react within role play to take the rebels out. If there are 4 or 5 rebels and 1 cop then that's just stupid to start shooting and not really role playing in my opinion.

I agree with a ratio, but It all depends on how you as rebels approach the cop to take him hostage, If the cop has an advantage over you, IE: he can get into cover, call for back-up and hold his own, then by all means he can start shooting at you, It all depends on how you approach him.

A lot of people like me do kidnappings not just for the money but for the role playing and action with the police, just like the bank jobs! We know in nearly every bank job or kidnapping we aren't going to get much money if not none, but do we care? No! Why? Because we are in it for the action and role playing. Anyone who can't handle the role playing should think twice about what they're playing.

But is it necessary to hold a cop hostage for over an hour? This just puts a dent into the police, within that hour trying to come to an agreement with a stubborn group who has nothing better to do than waste precious police time, I would rather spend that hour out on patrol and engage in various amount of role play scenarios with other groups of people. I don't know how often in a day a cop gets taken hostage, please aware me.. but if the numbers are swelling then maybe their should be an organisation in the police force to deal with hostages.

I can understand that the police maybe getting tired of being kidnapped all the time and seems like the same old same old. If that's the case then maybe they should patrol around with more officers for back up? Be trained in what to do in a kidnapping situation? Try not to patrol around by yourself in dark places? Double the numbers to make it harder for rebels to pick out a lonely sheep! Engage in a battle if the numbers are tied please because then it opens a new role play with action and team work!

In reality the police go out in patrol in two's, and so should they in-game, Police should never patrol outside of cities alone, and should always be accompanied by a buddy.

This is just my opinion of the thread its not a moan or a dig at anyone or anything. I respect anyone else's opinions and I hope everyone is having a great Sunday/father's day

Can we just stop this now this is not very productive. Have rebel leaders like our designated Rebel Representative(byVELTEN) called into a meeting with high ranking police and end this in an official manner. Or simply wait until the week of no kidnapping is over.

I agree with the rule until something does get decided by the admins, but I also understand that the rebels are bored and it would be part of there character to take someone in authority,

My only real problem is the frequency of it, last Wednesday we had three officers kidnapped. By three different groups wanting different things there were 15 police in slots with a full server so we were down to 12. There is no physical way we can deal with that at those numbers the rebels get pissy when there ignored when they have a hostage but between myself and the whole force what could we do we can't be everywhere.

Then again Thursday at around the 4am restart there was me and a Cso online we were literally just keeping the peace I was assessing his roleplay with people on the server who are a little more kind and prepared to give a little leeway to a new guy that was here to learn.

Get reports of shots fired in kavala load up my SUV head over there end up role playing with a guy wielding a "shotgun" who were sick of people on his land it was great dispatch lights up someone is waiting in athira hq that they need to talk to the police. We suit and boot and make our way there double time only for the exact moment we get out the car four armed rebels come out the bushes surround us and take us hostage, there were no other cops in game no others on teamspeak they were just bored and wanted to take a police officer hostage to play with they got two. I didn't enjoy it Cso didn't enjoy it, but god forbid I would of tried to defend myself with my weapon when they wanted to take us as it would of turned into a bloodbath. And would be all over the forums as cops refusing to surrender or give up or whatever.

It's shit to be frank we have to go along with it and until some concrete rules are in place I agree with wilco,

I did suggest only one hostage situation per server restart rebels could make there intentions known to an admin and could get approval admins could give us a little warning that rebels comms have been intercepted they want an officer alive and we know not to be as on guard.

I don't know really

Sometimes these things just become situation where it isn't fun for the cops and I guess some of the power gamers don't see it but both sides are here to enjoy it.

Just my way of seeing it

DI Maratek TFU

Civs can be taken to jail, if caught they are captured for a length of time with the option of being rescued. If you ask me, taking cops hostage is the rebel equivalent. If caught, they are captured for a length of time with the option of being rescued. In my experience the only reason it can take a while is because the negotiations end up lasting a long time, usually ending in the cops not accepting any demands.

Put a time limit on it like being in jail and its problem solved. If negotiations haven't been completed in 10-15 mins then the detainee must be let go or executed.

It can sometimes take longer than that to even get a response to your initial message...

It can sometimes take longer than that to even get a response to your initial message...
That's true, I don't know how everyone else feels but honestly its not exactly gonna spoil my day. If at first you don't succeed...

At least this way there are clear boundries. Maybe it can be up to the officer, ask him if he minds being captured for longer for rp sake.

Back