What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Taking the Police Hostage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
From 21:30 this evening taking anyone from the police is a bannable offensive until further notice.

There will be new rules around this within the next week once they have been created and discussed fully but at the moment to many cops are getting taken hostage and the roleplay factor is fading away.

In the meantime any officer under threat of being taken hostage have been advised to log out and respawn.

Thanks for your understanding

So do we kill them instead of taking them hostage? To me that sounds like less RP.

This will only cause less role play, beacuse if there is police threat we have to shot them now instead of taking them hostage. Plus kinda we are rebels, its kinda what we do, rebel against police :) Hope it wont last to long, cheers.

This is actually stupid.

Police are meant to rp, the reason rp factor is fading is becasue the police do nothing in terms of the rp during the hostage take.

So basically, for now we have to shoot them? Becasuse all i see is practiacally the inability to rp with cops now.

You are forcing us to do rebel v rebel and rebel v civ, which is NOT what our group wants to do.

We wanted to take police, spend a good 30-60minutes rp playing it out and then either requesting money or sending a message to the other officers.

RP is going to be impossible with officers now. Especially for rebels.

EDIT: After having a small chat with wilco it seems a little bit more reasonable

Last edited by a moderator:
This will only cause less role play, beacuse if there is police threat we have to shot them now instead of taking them hostage. Plus kinda we are rebels, its kinda what we do, rebel against police :) Hope it wont last to long, cheers.
the situation now is that everyone is taking cops hostage and demanding money... that seems to be the biggest crime after drugs and of course very same old same old for the police and not much fun.

It can be very good roleplay but not this often, i am not saying this is 1 rebel group its everyone thats why it is so often there end.

With the right rules this can come back and can continue to be good roleplay but for everyone

Nah man, this rule is BS, our group kidnaps cops for RP, not for the money, we RP with them, this new rule is going to make ALOT of people leave the server and it is a VERY bad call on enforcing more roleplaying in the server, you can ignore me and see everything fall but all I can do is promise you that the server quality because of this rule will reduce greatly, I think even cops would agree, the rebels are here to drive the UK goverment away from altis, giving immunity to cops from the rebels is going to ruin the RP storyline of the rebels. Wilco you should not be restricting rebels like that, you are going to make it almost the same as cops with tons of  restrictions, its no good, instead of restricting both parties, you and killer should just make it balanced, cops should be given more freedom, they have the edge for roleplaying because they get money easy, and gear for free( except freaking crumpets man, those things cost a fortune) but thats is also why they should have abit more restrictions than rebels, and do you really think cops pay that much money for hostages? first of all they dont get more than 200k for low ranks and for kidnapping a csi and ci you can get MAX 1.7~ million, while also having the great risk of being shot down, loosing all the gear, and wasting all of this time(30min-1h+), unless you enjoyed doing so there is absolutely no reason to take cops hostages for income. Even doing oil is better than taking cop hostages for income. With this said I end my case, I really hope that this post can change your mind, I don't want the server to degrade I enjoy playing here too much to see it fall. <3

-The One And Only Original Alex <3

Its for a god dam week! Seriously ?!... just bare with us on this one.

I am going to lock this topic there is very valid reasons this "TEMP" fix is in place.

You will all get your say before new rules are enforced around this but at the moment its got beyond a joke for the police and the current hostage takings have been very very low quality roleplay.

I have spectated a few!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back