What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Taser rework

SteveStacy

Donator
Donator
- I feel as though tasers are slightly too unbalanced, considering you can shoot multiple times from a taser with no real cooldown or a reload. There should be a limit to how many times, within a quick succession, you should be able to fire the stun gun before it is considered as fail RP. This, for me, would allow for more interesting RP situations, allowing for longer on foot chases and an improved chance of actually escaping the police when on foot ETC. 

PROS:

- Better overall RP

-More interesting scenarios (as probies for example can't just spam a taser at everyone) 

CONS:

- Dev work

- Police having a little less fire power

Again, this is merely only my opinion as this sort of thing has happened against me in the past before and I feel as though it should be reworked. 

THANKS FOR READING - STEVE 🙂 

OIP.VMbveROStDlnrV1ZJi7LjgHaEi

I actually agree, the whole spam tazer is terrible, there should be a cooldown / reloading to it, the fact that it can just be tazered over and over is very poor and can be abused way to much. 

I agree, what we should get is tasers with catridges. After the taser is discharged, catridge need to be reloaded, just like the real thing.

I am up for anything that can improve RP and this is deffo something that can improve it.

A big +1 from me!

+1, I know there is a slight delay but cartridges will make the user have to be a lot more weary than just spamming the trigger

+1 for cartridges

It feels as though if you try to get a foot chase, and they bring out tasers then it is all over unless you can dodge them

+1 for Cartridges

However it needs to be considered that people need to RP getting tased rather than getting up and running at full pelt like theyve eaten their Weetabix.

+1 for taser cartridges, perhaps in order to ensure that it's balanced allow officers to reapply taser after initial contact if the player remains within a certain radius and has not removed taser prongs in order to prevent people getting up and running off.

+1 for taser cartridges, perhaps in order to ensure that it's balanced allow officers to reapply taser after initial contact if the player remains within a certain radius and has not removed taser prongs in order to prevent people getting up and running off.
That sounds very good, and also realistic! 🙂

However it needs to be considered that people need to RP getting tased rather than getting up and running at full pelt like theyve eaten their Weetabix.
I wonder if we could add the 'drunk' animation to characters after they get tased to ensure this. Feel like that would keep the RP realistic. 

-More interesting scenarios (as probies for example can't just spam a taser at everyone) 
probies don't get tasers 😉

down for catridges though, sounds like a good idea

Back