What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Taxi - upgrades

crazedwolf1

Unlinked
Please refer back to the entire post for more reference:

I think that there needs to be jobs that don't discourage RP. What I mean by this is that with the current system, all legal jobs have no interaction with other players. This is due to people seeing it as just an easy come-up to call for a taxi and take him somewhere rob him of all his shit and leave it somewhere. This promotes an attitude to only serve the locals and ignore any dispatches that come through.

Now, I am not saying this shouldn't be a thing. There just needs to be a job that criminals can do so they don't target taxi drivers for essentially a free come-up. Secondly, if it's possible to involve the taxi centre is some sort of RP that can start installing bulletproof dividers and possibly a way to unlock just the back two doors. Combining these two things I believe would allow for people to be more naturally involved and introduced to our community without taking any aspects away that we enjoy.

So in summary: Interior upgrades and just rear unlockable doors

Last edited by a moderator:
I get what your saying because i wont attend a dispatch when I'm on taxis because 9 times out of 10 your getting robbed or they just don't pay you. 

You take the rough with the smooth. I don't think bulletproof dividers fit the server, a standard one to prevent people getting in the front and knife holdups in the car maybe, but I'd imagine that'd be fairly low on the development prio list currently even if they wanted to do it.

Personally I like the apprehension of picking someone up from a taxi dispatch - often you get robbed*, but sometimes you meet a rich player who tips big** or a new player you can offer some advise to***, you take the rough with the smooth.

*My first RP experience ever was my taxi passengers RDMing and dumping me in the sea.
**My second taxi ride I got 100k for a trip from Paleto.
***Many times I've been able to give a new player some help finding their feet or their way to a job.

I don't think bulletproof dividers fit the server
I think you are right in saying this but it was a whole point of the culture to target these professions as easy come-ups.

All I am trying to get across is that there need to be some negating factors for people to stop wanting to rob taxis as well as positive ones. As I also suggested in a different post having more avenues for crimes to go down would steer criminals down other avenues of crime. Including house robberies and G6 cash transport, I know G6 do that job but I'm talking about a civil job where and new player can go to G6 HQ and do some cash transfers filling up ATMs.

As said by 1A3 (which I still need to reply to), yes these jobs are not inherently lacking that roleplay interaction but the larger players don't share your and mine sentiment that you can get the ups and the downs. But 90% of the time as Hayley said you do get robbed so people instinctively just do the monotonous grind of serving the locals and then have no RP at all. Which is what I was trying to get at for all the current local jobs is that you avoid actual players like the plague because most of the time they only want to try to target you for the cash in your pockets.

This is really what I'm trying to suggest that we need to be protecting these new players so that the trend of players doesn't keep slowly decreasing.

I've been robbed once or twice while I was new out doing taxi's but like Mr Scrub said its kind of rough with the smooth & I've found its mostly newer players who try to rob taxi's as most seasoned players dislike robbing the hard working folk. 

I can see the logic in ringing a taxi to gain a hostage with a level of RP behind it but not to just loot them.

Back