What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Teamviewer Hacked

It's only a real issue if you're using Teamviewer without 2-factor authentication, and only people who had Teamviewer Management Console accounts registered, and have the machine setup for unattended access, and also have it on a machine that's not locked when unattended are really affected.

Would they still not need our login and password?
The danger is only for those with Teamviewer accounts it seems, who may have used the same email address + password somewhere else which has been compromised, allowing the attackers to login to the TV Mgmt Console, get your ID + unattended pw, and then login as normal to your machine.

Set up 2FA, dont use the same password for TV as you use anywhere else, always ensure the machine is locked, Win+L, when you leave it.

So if i dont have an account im 100% fine?
Generally speaking - you should be fine. If you have Teamviewer configured for unattended access you should still change the unattended pw as a precaution, and ensure you have 2 factor authentication setup.

They're have been reports that team viewer has been hacked so if anyone has it installed i would un-install ASAP.

And scan computer with anti-virus software

https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/4m7ay6/teamviewer_has_been_hacked_they_are_denying/
Really ??? uninstall immediately ? I think its a bit reactionary, if you need to do something then at least remove unnatended access where it isn't needed and change your password. Use TV all over the place and dont get me wrong i'm shitting it a bit as well, but everything is passworded when remoting in, so they would need my windows password as well, I dont re-use passwords anywhere unless I dont give a shit if somebody knows it.

So far as people claiming they didnt re-use passwords .... well, glad that people on the internet never made a false claim to avoid blame.

Although that all said Teamviewer's instant denial and lack of information is not promising, and leaves me feeling more wary than trusting.

Sadly what happened was not up to Teamviewer. Program is safe to use and people have clearly entered into state of mass hysteria in this like usually happens in cases like this one. 

What happened was that quite LARGE storage of 0day data was released(READ: SOLD) at the start of this week. As far as the rumor goes files contain millions of socialmedia accounts of people. Email+password. At the time TV did not contain any security measures against attacks like this. Imo its not even their problem that some people just use the same password in every single thing they use. Anyhow, their system made it really easy to use this data to just hammer the email and password to the TV, thus quite alot people had some fun times watching their own mouse move...

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this on Facebook a few days ago and my friend just uploaded a screenshot of sometime attempting to sign into his account.

I would recommend just using JoinMe, it now has voice and video support too.

I saw this on Facebook a few days ago and my friend just uploaded a screenshot of sometime attempting to sign into his account.

I would recommend just using JoinMe, it now has voice and video support too.

I would recommend your friend to change his password...

At this time TV is quite superior remote help tool on market.

Back