What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Tempest Device Info

I would like some info on the Tempest Device specifically please. I read that this vehicle cannot be chop shopped by players so does that mean when lock picked they can't be sold to the car buyer either? I am also aware that the Police can scrap it if it's carrying illegal substances or whatever. Mainly I'm wanting to know that worst case scenario if it's robbed off me (always happens) am I just waiting for a restart to see it again?

Also if someone has the info on what vehicles are the same and can't be scrapped or sold by players I'd appreciate them list them for me.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Uhm.. some vehicles cannot be scrapped, but to want information on this so you can use just these vehicles.. Wouldn't that be exploiting? As far as I know, they cannot be chopshopped for a unknown reason, not because the dev's want them to be unable to be scrapped. If such is the case, you are looking to use failing game mechanics in your advantage, which is not cool. Ofcourse, lots of people will use the specific vehicle for that reason, but you are asking about it so plainly..

(I maybe dead wrong here, maybe @Wilco wants them to be un-scrapable?)

But to answer the question: Vehicles that cannot be sold to the chopshop, can only be scrapped (gone permanently) by police or admins

I had only heard that certain vehicles such as the Tempest models and the Hellcat couldn't be scrapped and thought this was not a failing game mechanic but done on purpose for the exact reason I was wanting and that's to be able to use an expensive vehicle knowing that if it gets robbed from me the worst thing that's happening is that I'm waiting for a restart to see my beloved vehicle again.

So if indeed it IS a failing game mechanic then I drop the question because as you say it would be exploiting and that's not at all my intention. But if these vehicles can't be scrapped and it's meant to be that way, I really want to know if that means if they are lock picked they can't be sold to the 'We buy any car' place.

Thanks for the response Col, I hope to see more info.

I'm pretty sure that even if you know that a tempest device cannot be scrapped, using it won't be exploiting. Only because the vehicle is such a useful vehicle to do illegal/legal runs in, that you have multiple other reasons to use it. Also to answer your questions, I do believe they can be lock picked, I am not sure if they can be chop shopped or not. Also, police/admins can scrap any vehicle, so if it can't be scrapped it specifically refers to civs.

Unless things have changed you can scrap the Tempest Device. I bought one, had it out once and it was stolen from me at gunpoint and scrapped.

Waste of 400k.

As far as I know, the Tempest Device should be able to be sold to the We Buy Any Car guy. Hellcats and Hurons cannot.

Okay so it seems that the Hellcat is the safe bet with it not being able to be chopped or sold, the Tempest device and other models are just as much of a risk of losing as any it seems. I'd still appreciate more info but also thanks a lot for the people who have given it already appreciate it.

Okay so it seems that the Hellcat is the safe bet with it not being able to be chopped or sold, the Tempest device and other models are just as much of a risk of losing as any it seems. I'd still appreciate more info but also thanks a lot for the people who have given it already appreciate it.
To be honest, if you want to make money the HEMMT box, tempest device, and the Huron's are your best bet. The Huron is too expensive, but the bright side is that it can't be scrapped. Which I guess kind of makes sense, as no one in their right mind would try to smuggle/sell such a large and attention bringing vehicle. 

Hello chaps the answer to you question is yes the tempest device can be scraped as i have done this before not to be nasty was in a situation where i got robbed and the took my truck but left there device so i picked it and took it to the scrapper in agios and got 225.000 for my efforts so yes it can be scraped 

Still no solid answer to the question of whether heli's such as the Huron and the Hellcat can be sold even though they can't be chopped.
If hellcat's or Huron's are being stolen, you'll have a big change of getting it back in your garage afterwords. The only reason Hellcat's or Huron's disappear from your garage is if police scrap them. They do it if it is involved in drugtrafficking for example. Does that answer your question? 

Hellcat: chopshopable and scrapable by police

Huron: only scrapable by police

Tempest device: chopshopable and scrapable by police

Since when is the Hellcat chopshopable? 
Since like a long time now? Or is it changed again? I do not chop vehicles that often, especially not chop shops. But they only sell for 1K so it's not really worth it. 

Tempest device however, sells for 250K  :Cool:

Since like a long time now? Or is it changed again? I do not chop vehicles that often, especially not chop shops. But they only sell for 1K so it's not really worth it. 

Tempest device however, sells for 250K  :Cool:
Hellcats are not chopable, i'm fairly sure...

Back