What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we are volunteers. Tests take a long time to set up etc. we have real life commitments. Even if we do 1 test a day we are still doing more then we have to. 
Last time I was in line for my PA it took 5 minutes before the last person was done and it was my turn, keep in mind i had just joined the channel. Yeah the actuall length of the PA itself can vary from 15 minutes to an hour, but the setup time? Pull out a document, log their player id and name and you are good to go. If I am wrong please elaborate on what exactly the excruciating process of setting up for an interview is.

You are not obligated to do this, and again you knew what you were signing up for when you joined. But 1 test a day is not completely unreasonable, sure skip a couple days when you have lots of homework or whatever, but really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I was in line for my PA it took 5 minutes before the last person was done and it was my turn, keep in mind i had just joined the channel. Yeah the actuall length of the PA itself can vary from 15 minutes to an hour, but the setup time? Pull out a document, log their player id and name and you are good to go. If I am wrong please elaborate on what exactly the excruciating process of setting up for an interview is.

I can't exactly go into many details but what people don't realise is we have to whitelist people and write feedback. this can take anywhere from 15-30 mins. Taking that into consideration that we are volunteers that's a long time

A 15 minute PA, that's interesting.

I honestly understand where your coming from having to wait for a long period of time but is this the way you really think things like these are going to solve anything, well honestly they don't. Having a rant at the Academy on the forums makes little to no difference unless you have a suggestion as to how we can improve, surprise surprise no suggestions where given. So let's break it down, you want to raise awareness for something everyone is already aware of. Makes sense. So is this post here to simply complain about academy or is it going to benefit anyone in any way, and as of right now I can see that some of the Academy Members are getting a bit upset about this. You are clearly unaware of the colossal workload Academy Members put in doing tests, we have several Academy Members who have been doing give or take 40 tests every 14 days, to call that "inactive" or anything similar just isn't logical. Everyone in Academy go above and beyond to help out new recruits, we don't JUST do tests we have IRL things to do, we go on patrol etc.

Your take on how to setup a document is far from true and it only contains about 1/12 of what you need to do. First off we need to run your steamid on the Academy Database which can take a while due to a lot of people using it at once. Then we need to fill in your Forum ID, SteamID etc. On to the document. Through  the whole test no matter what test it is the Academy member will be constantly writing things down usually being 100 words per section and around 10 sections so yeah it's quite a bit of writing. 

I believe this post wasn't intended to cause drama, but I think it might just do so to all academy members please don't blow things out of proportion. 

I would also like to inform you that Academy Command are keeping things on track and attempting to keep the waiting room as empty as possible. Also bear in mind it is in and around exam season so people will be becoming a bit more inactive until the end of the school year.

Patience is key, it is one of the most valued traits of a Police Officer, you must be patient. So instead of complaining about waiting times and throwing things out of the pram, you'd be best of studying that handbook and you should have any problems when it comes to tests in the future!

Regards,

INS James Travers 

Academy Constabulary

I honestly understand where your coming from having to wait for a long period of time but is this the way you really think things like these are going to solve anything
Ive said at least 5 times that this is not about academy wait times. Go read the whole post like you failed to do before and then reply.

You are clearly unaware of the colossal workload Academy Members put in doing tests, we have several Academy Members who have been doing give or take 40 tests every 14 days, to call that "inactive" or anything similar just isn't logical.
I, did not say anyone was inactive. Again, not about academy wait times. And, 40 testts in 14 days is amazing. But to what james said earlier, 

Even if we do 1 test a day we are still doing more then we have to.
That is simply barbaric. Maybe not strictly daily, miss a couple days here and there, but 4 a week? Is that too much? I'm asking.

Your take on how to setup a document is far from true and it only contains about 1/12 of what you need to do. First off we need to run your steamid on the Academy Database which can take a while due to a lot of people using it at once. Then we need to fill in your Forum ID, SteamID etc. On to the document. Through  the whole test no matter what test it is the Academy member will be constantly writing things down usually being 100 words per section and around 10 sections so yeah it's quite a bit of writing. 
Fair enough, I get it it takes a while.

Patience is key, it is one of the most valued traits of a Police Officer, you must be patient. So instead of complaining about waiting times and throwing things out of the pram, you'd be best of studying that handbook and you should have any problems when it comes to tests in the future!
I hardle think im "Blowing things out of the param." This post is not about academy wait times!

I've been an officer and I know it takes a while. Read the second paragraph of the OP carefully.

I can't exactly go into many details but what people don't realise is we have to whitelist people and write feedback. this can take anywhere from 15-30 mins. Taking that into consideration that we are volunteers that's a long time
I've been in academy I know how it goes... but at the end of the day if you have too much irl shit going on you should give your space for someone else, I loved my time spent in academy back then we tried our best night t to let people wait too long.... now all I hear is people waiting hours and hours maybe even days. 

My experience with Academy was always great, to be honest. I've filled my application and got a response in like 15 minutes. Afterwards, I went on TS, waited 5 minutes and passed my interview. Right after the interview, I was given 10 minutes to read through documents and they've done my FTC straight away.

48 hours as a CSO, went to Academy Test waiting room and done my FTT almost instantly - literally like 2 minutes wait. After another 5 days as a PCSO I just went on patrol with @Yak and he straight away offered me to do my PA. No wait, no issues, no complaints and no memes.

I understand that there might be some people who can get annoyed and sometimes be mean, but we all have those days.. and let's be honest, we are spending our free time. you, me and Academy members, and I believe they deserve more recognition for what they do because it genuinely seems like they are only being a complaint about and trash talked... Which doesn't make their position or attitude any better

I'm confident that the issue of people waiting for days is recognised by Academy's High command and it's being worked on.. And trust me mate, they have a lot of capable people. They are the main reason why are we even in the police :)

I hope you will pass you test soon and I'm looking forward seeing you back on patrol, in Kavala hopefully... Or maybe you could try to join Academy and try to do these test.

Be the change you wish to see in the world ​

I get the point you are making but I've only seen you in there two times now and them times are usually quite late when most of us have work or college in the morning. If people are 'channel trolling' within academy. What you need to do is bring it to academy command to help sort out. I've heard this happen quite a few times and everyone has been there. There aren't many people in academy to be honest I think we should be getting a little bit more respect and appreciation for the work we put in and we don't get much of a reward out of it. I'm not complaining, I volunteered to join and I can leave if I want to but I still have fun doing tests. 

So like I said, If you want to make a complaint towards the people who are jumping into the waiting room, saying they'll do your test but don't. Pop a message to command of academy INS+. 

@Crumpets

I waited 6 hours for my interview, then 6 for my FTC and my FTT got cancelled because halfway through the training server got shut down and turned into a endgame match.

And Im not complaining.

Yeh academt members may not be the quickest and most organised, but at the end of the day they are nice people who try their best. I mean, immagine if you spent 2 hours a day interviewing and testing people. I persnally wouldnt be able to find the time for this due to my GCSEs and I am sure they struggle too, like @filihutt said. Also it says everywhere on every teamspeak server that you shouldnt complain, they try their best etc.

I love @DSGT LastNickLeft little addition to this: 

Be the change you want to be in the world.

and I agree.

This. Is. Not. About. Academy. Wait. Times. Last time I'm saying this. Read whole post.

As an ex Academy member i'm not too sure what you are trying to say. I loved to do tests and help out others proceed within the police and give them advice and for the few months I was in the constabulary I saw no sign of trolling or immaturity. The constabulary as a whole is amazing I loved being in there and being with friends it was great, we all worked hard and made sure that tests where done when we are free. I see no point in posting this as it has caused more drama than necessary, as everyone else said command is the way to go. :)

Signed

Yak

@Crumpets Me and @Yuri have both join the Police Recruitment room a few times asking if you want to do join interview and every time we join the channel you are AFK. The police recruitment room is not an AFK room. If you are going to wait in that channel then keep your sound on. If you need to go somewhere for a few minutes then put it in your name. When someone has gone AFK in the waiting room I usually wait a few minutes and send some messages to get the persons attention. I'm sure I've had to move you from the channel at one point because of this. If you want to take your test, make sure you are active and keeping a look out to see if any academy members join your channel.

@Crumpets Me and @Yuri have both join the Police Recruitment room a few times asking if you want to do join interview and every time we join the channel you are AFK. The police recruitment room is not an AFK room. If you are going to wait in that channel then keep your sound on. If you need to go somewhere for a few minutes then put it in your name. When someone has gone AFK in the waiting room I usually wait a few minutes and send some messages to get the persons attention. I'm sure I've had to move you from the channel at one point because of this. If you want to take your test, make sure you are active and keeping a look out to see if any academy members join your channel.
Good lord what did I just get done saying. I know you have ive gotten your messages, i had to go. Thats my bad and im willing to wait. This post was not supposed to be about the wait times, but a bunch of triggered academy members brought it into the discussion without reading the whole post.

@Crumpets Either way! We'll do your test when we have a chance to and when you aren't AFK. I appreciate the fact you apologised but why make this post when it's quite obvious you are going to get academy's attention in this way. If you are wanting us to improve then you could just send a forum message to Academy command. @JxM @Masis @DSGT James Travers @DSGT Dragon - And to obviously speak about the people jumping into your channel but not doing your test. 

My application was accepted roughly four days before making this post. Every day I go into the team-speak and sit there, for hours on end waiting for an Interview. this isn't about the speed of the academy.

This post was not supposed to be about the wait times, but a bunch of triggered academy members brought it into the discussion without reading the whole post.
So this isn't about waiting times? look at the top quote "I go into team-speak and sit there, for hours waiting for an Interview" huh? your completely contradicting yourself. Yes before you tell me to read the whole post which I have and I have read all comments, but the rest is irrelevant to our ongoing debate here between myself and yourself is regarding the small segment which I have quoted above.

"A bunch of triggered Academy Members", with an attitude like this towards Academy Members, why should you expect people to do your test. I understand that people are joining the waiting room, saying that they are going to do a test and then not doing it. I myself have noticed this personally and I've spoken to a few people because of this issue already. If someone does this just send me a message on TeamSpeak. Sometimes people simply forget but if it's a case of "I will do you test, hahaha sike" well then there's a difference. I understand your frustration however calling us a "Bunch of triggered Academy Members" isn't going to solve anything and it is just a bad attitude to which I don't take to likely. So please if you are going to complain make statements which are true, and not having a bad attitude towards Academy Members, and showing little or no respect towards them. 

Regards,

INS James Travers

My application was accepted roughly four days before making this post. Every day I go into the team-speak and sit there, for hours on end waiting for an Interview. Now don't get your panties in a bunch this isn't about the speed of the academy, although they could stand to do a little more since they signed up for the position, I know people scream about it enough already. Its about the Academy members that join those channels, say; yeah lets get your interview done, then leave you sitting in the dirt when they tell you: Lol no That's boring. Bye. I've seen it happen to multiple people over the past three days. It really pisses us off.
Focus on this part then. Happy? You guys are turning this into something its not. I get it and understand why you may be mad, a lot of posts related to this are different but I feel this is a separait issue that is not only affecting me but a few people that I have seen over the past few days in team-speak. 

The problem here is that you guys are not focusing on the bigger part of this which is the fact that some of the newer academy members are treating the new police recruits poorly. Forget the part about the wait times, like I said in the ORIGINAL POST it doesn't matter and is not relevant here. 

You say there's no point and you should have just gone to academy lead/staff and I was going to but it happened multiple times in the three days that I had been waiting and saw it as a bigger issue. I decided to address it to the community in a civil way (Which I have done) to bring attention to this and let it resolve itself. And to be honest it probably would have, the simple goal of this was to bring a new issue to light, but again. You are turning it into something its not. I'd bet the majority of you that replied didn't even read the whole OP or my replies to your defenses and just based your replies off preconceived notions of hostility towards the academy.

If you guys are simply going to bat on about wait times, which plenty of posts have been made about, then this post may as well be deleted. Unless you have something in relevance to the topic at hand, then please stop replying.

@

My application was accepted roughly four days before making this post. Every day I go into the team-speak and sit there, for hours on end waiting for an Interview. Now don't get your panties in a bunch this isn't about the speed of the academy, although they could stand to do a little more since they signed up for the position, I know people scream about it enough already. Its about the Academy members that join those channels, say; yeah lets get your interview done, then leave you sitting in the dirt when they tell you: Lol no That's boring. Bye. I've seen it happen to multiple people over the past three days. It really pisses us off.
Focus on this part then. Happy? You guys are turning this into something its not. I get it and understand why you may be mad, a lot of posts related to this are different but I feel this is a separait issue that is not only affecting me but a few people that I have seen over the past few days in team-speak. 

The problem here is that you guys are not focusing on the bigger part of this which is the fact that some of the newer academy members are treating the new police recruits poorly. Forget the part about the wait times, like I said in the ORIGINAL POST it doesn't matter and is not relevant here. 

You say there's no point and you should have just gone to academy lead/staff and I was going to but it happened multiple times in the three days that I had been waiting and saw it as a bigger issue. I decided to address it to the community in a civil way (Which I have done) to bring attention to this and let it resolve itself. And to be honest it probably would have, the simple goal of this was to bring a new issue to light, but again. You are turning it into something its not. I'd bet the majority of you that replied didn't even read the whole OP or my replies to your defenses and just based your replies off preconceived notions of hostility towards the academy.

If you guys are simply going to bat on about wait times, which plenty of posts have been made about, then this post may as well be deleted. Unless you have something in relevance to the topic at hand, then please stop replying.

So this isn't about waiting times? look at the top quote "I go into team-speak and sit there, for hours waiting for an Interview" huh? your completely contradicting yourself.
As for this part it wasn't meant to be a complaint. It was meant to show the amount of dedication that players put in towards the police force. Not just me, every member of the police force has been in this position.

@JackMinty

@Crumpets Either way! We'll do your test when we have a chance to and when you aren't AFK. I appreciate the fact you apologised but why make this post when it's quite obvious you are going to get academy's attention in this way.
Yet again annother example of: What you are saying is not relevant here.

Jack, listen carefully. I am not focused on wait times in this post. I dont give one damn how long I have to wait. I, unlike some people, have a bit of patience. This isn't about me not getting to do my interview, I will wait. I know i was afk when you guys came to me, that is on me. I understand that. But this post wasnt about that now was it. No, it was about some new recruits being treated poorly. Not me, other people I have witnessed over the past few days.

Right, I already understood this before hand but I decided to point out the waiting time thing first. You said that you didn't want to go to Academy Command, and you wanted to discuss it with the whole community. Now let's just look at it this way, it is unnecessary for the Non-Police peeps, NHS, UNMC, Gangs etc. to see this post as it has no relevance to them (apart from very few such as Reece) What I am failing to understand is that, if this is not a complaint, what is it and what purpose does it have? If you had an issued it could've been brought to anyone in Academy Command and it would be brought up in the next Academy Meeting. So I am asking you, what was your aim posting this thread?

Regards,

INS James Travers,

Academy Constabulary. 

Yes I have indeed. "I would like to let this resolve itself" previously you said that the Academy personel whom were joining the Waiting Room and trolling don't care about what there doing, so what makes you think that if they 100% don't care that one forum post will fix it all overnight. It won't, us as Academy Command will address the issue and we will deal with the people who are trolling. Otherwise I'm sorry to say that if people genuinely don't care about what they are doing wrong well then the simply won't change because of a forum post.

Regards,

INS James Travers,

Academy Command

@Crumpets You wrote 5 paragraphs to basically say "Its about the Academy members that join those channels, say; yeah lets get your interview done, then leave you sitting in the dirt when they tell you: Lol no That's boring. Bye. "

Whilst some of the police replies are overly defensive, you don't need 5 paragraphs which include a number of other issues that you say your post "is not about" to state you're unhappy about being trolled by a 'couple' of academy members. 

If you have indeed experienced academy members doing this to you, which is terrible and unprofessional behaviour, take it up with the officers directly, report it (with evidence) to a senior member of Academy and / or make a PCC. 

Topic locked. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back