What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The Bird/Hatches Build

Well @The Bird it's been a few days now, how is the sound and temps etc? Can we get some speccy pics of it on idle for a while and under load? :D
I just say that pic of the mobo on your desk with the cooler. That's serious.

Well @The Bird it's been a few days now, how is the sound and temps etc? Can we get some speccy pics of it on idle for a while and under load? :D
I just say that pic of the mobo on your desk with the cooler. That's serious.
To be honest, my temps haven't been great.

My CPU has been reaching 80 degrees under very high load and my graphics card about 60. 
On idle, generally about 20 degrees cooler.

I'm thinking of replacing the default case fans and getting some higher quality fans in the top and bottom of my case, as well as a good extractor fan at the back. Get some better airflow, and the stock fans are quite load.

EDIT: My temps only go that high when i'm playing intense arma. Seems as if I can keep cool temps on all other games, must be an arma thing

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got my new CPU the temps also were high. But after a few weeks they got less. It takes some time for the termal paste to work good. As long it doesn't go above 80 degrees your ok.

When I got my new CPU the temps also were high. But after a few weeks they got less. It takes some time for the termal paste to work good. As long it doesn't go above 80 degrees your ok.
Yeah, it looks like the manufacturer has overclocked this CPU to 4.4 GHZ. If I continue getting high temps i'll likely restore defaults.

Yeah, it looks like the manufacturer has overclocked this CPU to 4.4 GHZ. If I continue getting high temps i'll likely restore defaults.
4790K has a turbo mode. You can switch this on / off in your bios.
I also have a 4790k @4,4GHz. At first my temps were also around 70 / 80 in game.
But after some time they got better. Now it doesn't go above 60 in Arma 3.

Back