What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The Old Roleplay.co.uk

• Thread starter Anonymous Capybara1
  • Start date
A

Anonymous Capybara1

So to be honest, Im not really feeling the newest updates. I accept they bring new things to the community, and the majority like them, and most of you will think I am just the minority moaning about things that are out of my control, but I kinda thought things like the old housing system, the fact you had to travel somewhere to buy guns, and the like where what I had grow to love and enjoy about the game. repetitions but with slight differences. Thats what I loved so much. I mean theres a old saying that my ma told me; 'if a job doesn't need fixing, don't fix it'. I don't know, but I kinda think this about the new updates, and I'm sorry for my views, and many of you may not accept them. to be honest, Im not even really sure why Im writing this, probably because I just wanna express my opinion and maybe find someone who has similar views. 

To be honest I probably ave got some of this wrong. I haven't actually played on the latest update, although from what I have read its not my cup of tea. Could anyone fill me in on the new housing system, gang base system and other stuff? Cheers, and I am sorry for having a rant.

Might want to play it first before you comment on it, good to get a personal experience than that of reading bad responses from certain people on the forums but anyway I'll fill you in the best I can as I have a good bit of experience with this update. In this new housing system as I'm sure you're aware it added various new "upgrades" that can be optionally bought. The big thing there is they are entirely optional, definitely beneficial, but if you don't want to buy them nobody is forcing you too. So like you, if somebody enjoys the travel towards a rebel market or blackmarket that is still entirely up to you if you wish to or not, the rebel stores have not been removed just there is now more ways to gain weaponry. (You've also gotta bare in the mind that the weapon store upgrade is £15 million, not exactly cheap that everyone can buy).

It's good to read these to get a good view of the changes to the server.

This is quoted from the changelog, these upgrades can be bought once again optionally and in no particular order so you buy what you wish to buy. You mention how 'if a job doesn't need fixing, don't fix it' which makes sense for certain stuff but in this regard by 'fixing' houses the dev team have only improved them and added a lot more depth to the houses and makes it something to invest time into like they should be instead of selling the house everytime somebody finds it and once again these upgrades are all optional, if you don't want to buy them, don't.

Properties can be upgraded - various upgrades are only available at specific properties

• Levels  = Increases Storage space + Increases time required to break-in/breach storage
  • Spawn point
  • Alarms = Owners and Police are notified of a break-in as well as breach in storage 
  • CCTV = Install cameras to watch over property while away 
  • Clothing = Access to a clothing directly from your property 
  • Weapon Store = Access to weapons directly from your property
  • Resupply Point = Ability to refill magazines
  • Garage = Access vehicles and store vehicles directly from the property (available at selected properties)
  • ATM = Access to the ATM 
Below are the prices of the upgrades, yet to get the garage pricing but I imagine it's in the £5,000,000 value. The prices are high which is good as makes it something to work towards which the server kind of did lack beforehand. 

barrack.PNG

I respect your opinion on this new update but I really suggest you play the server before commenting on the update, you might change your opinion after first hand experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might want to play it first before you comment on it, good to get a personal experience than that of reading bad responses from certain people on the forums but anyway I'll fill you in the best I can as I have a good bit of experience with this update. In this new housing system as I'm sure you're aware it added various new "upgrades" that can be optionally bought. The big thing there is they are entirely optional, definitely beneficial, but if you don't want to buy them nobody is forcing you too. So like you, if somebody enjoys the travel towards a rebel market or blackmarket that is still entirely up to you if you wish to or not, the rebel stores have not been removed just there is now more ways to gain weaponry. (You've also gotta bare in the mind that the weapon store upgrade is £15 million, not exactly cheap that everyone can buy).

It's good to read these to get a good view of the changes to the server.

This is quoted from the changelog, these upgrades can be bought once again optionally and in no particular order so you buy what you wish to buy. You mention how 'if a job doesn't need fixing, don't fix it' which makes sense for certain stuff but in this regard by 'fixing' houses the dev team have only improved them and added a lot more depth to the houses and makes it something to invest time into like they should be instead of selling the house everytime somebody finds it and once again these upgrades are all optional, if you don't want to buy them, don't.

Below are the prices of the upgrades, yet to get the garage pricing but I imagine it's in the £5,000,000 value. The prices are high which is good as makes it something to work towards which the server kind of did lack beforehand. 

View attachment 5680

I respect your opinion on this new update but I really suggest you play the server before commenting on the update, you might change your opinion after first hand experience.
Cheers. I think the reason I hold the opinion I do is because I have just joined the police, and probably won't end up being able to make us of this. expect to see my houses on the forums soon xD kek

I Also kinda disliked the update with all these new stuff but now i have played some hours with it and i mean you will get used to it

59 minutes ago, Tom Holland said:
So to be honest, Im not really feeling the newest updates. I accept they bring new things to the community, and the majority like them, and most of you will think I am just the minority moaning about things that are out of my control, but I kinda thought things like the old housing system, the fact you had to travel somewhere to buy guns, and the like where what I had grow to love and enjoy about the game. repetitions but with slight differences. Thats what I loved so much. I mean theres a old saying that my ma told me; 'if a job doesn't need fixing, don't fix it'. I don't know, but I kinda think this about the new updates, and I'm sorry for my views, and many of you may not accept them. to be honest, Im not even really sure why Im writing this, probably because I just wanna express my opinion and maybe find someone who has similar views. 

To be honest I probably ave got some of this wrong. I haven't actually played on the latest update, although from what I have read its not my cup of tea. Could anyone fill me in on the new housing system, gang base system and other stuff? Cheers, and I am sorry for having a rant.

Tom, Go play on the server and make a thread or continue here once you have.

It needed fixing. People who were banned were attempting to join the server, triggering the 'timestamp your house' system, and hanging on to houses that would otherwise have timed-out and been available to other people to buy.

It needed fixing. The number of crates being spawned in the gameworld was a significant load on the server and caused lag.

It needed fixing. The crates were a 'dead giveaway' to whether or not a person was on the server, and acted as an easy clue to robbers to rob the house. Some even used to exploit the targeting system in helicopters so that they could find houses to rob, really quickly, without even setting foot in a town.

It needed fixing. There were problems with some people duplicating items from crates, due to the way the default ARMA inventory menu dialog worked.

It needed fixing. Gangs could not buy houses and be mutually responsible for the ownership, and instead they had to rely on one person's house which might vanish if he left the gang.

It needed fixing. The method that Tonic used to store crate-contents and virtual items in the database, was horrifically convoluted and made any sort of emergency back-end discovery of houses where naughty (i.e. hacked-in) things were stored, extremely difficult and time-consuming. Now, it is simple.

There are other fixes, but I'm running out of breath.

Tell your ma she was right. Then ask her what she makes of people who leap to conclusions based on insufficient evidence without any hands-on experience. Then ask her what she'd make of people who then went on to rant about them on a public forum. If she doesn't use at least one swear-word, she's a saint.

Will we be getting options to add a car spawn? sorry if its been said I just haven't had much chance to read with all the work I've had this week :( I love the new system but hate forgetting there is no car spawn and running 2k to the nearest 

It needed fixing. The crates were a 'dead giveaway' to whether or not a person was on the server, and acted as an easy clue to robbers to rob the house. Some even used to exploit the targeting system in helicopters so that they could find houses to rob, really quickly, without even setting foot in a town.
On the note of the crates, it made possible to actually rob houses. Myself and my gang would go on the server which was full pop and we'd only find 1/2 houses through-out a 4 hour restart. The only reason our findings were that good was because we could see the crates making it more efficient to find houses to rob.

I personally don't like the change with the creates. Now it's so much easier to hide your house full of goodies and you don't honestly have to worry about losing your gear in your houses.

The old system rewarded those that had their houses in isolated locations as no-one would go over there to check for the house in the crate because if they had it inside a city the crate would get spotted and robbed. Now you could own all the houses in Athira and no-one would be the wiser that it's owned. I personally think something should be implemented to counter this change of which I am still thinking of a solution but as of right now houses are at the peak of impossible to rob and I find it a shame that it is this way.

Last edited:
On the note of the creates, it made possible to actually rob houses. Myself and my gang would go on the server which was full pop and we'd only find 1/2 houses through-out a 4 hour restart. The only reason our findings were that good was because we could see the crates making it more efficient to find houses to rob.

I personally don't like the change with the creates. Now it's so much easier to hide your house full of goodies and you don't honestly have to worry about losing your gear in your houses.

I personally think something should be implemented to counter this change of which I am still thinking of a solution but as of right now houses are at the peak of impossible to rob and I find it a shame that it is this way.
It's no where near impossible to rob, simply press windows key and 'knock on door' if the owner is online it'll say they're 'in the house' then proceed to rob it. Or you could simply use the boltcutter on every house which when combined in a group will not take long at all as was a tactic I used previously to make a map of owned houses along the map.

It's no where near impossible to rob, simply press windows key and 'knock on door' if the owner is online it'll say they're 'in the house' then proceed to rob it. Or you could simply use the boltcutter on every house which when combined in a group will not take long at all as was a tactic I used previously to make a map of owned houses along the map.
I didn't mean that it was literally impossible to rub but now it might as well be impossible to rob. With the old system you was able to go through a town fairly efficiently and check from house to house very quickly and find if there was a create inside the house and manually check one kind of house to see if it was spawned inside. Now, you have to go to every door and manually check to see if the house has a create. The issue with this is even in the old patch you could go on a full server and check (No joke) 7-8 towns from Athira all the way to Kavala and check every house and you'd only find maybe 1 possibly 2 houses to rob. With this update, it has increase the efficiency time of finding houses significantly. Also, keep in mind that it's not like anyone's house can be robbed. That person has to be online for that house to be robbed.

I personally think this change has made it so it's super easy in order to have a house and it to be never robbed which is something I personally disagree with . House robbing was a viable option in the last patch due to being able to move from house to house relativity easy but now it's such a manual process it's removed something that I personally quite liked doing as it's so tedious and will be such a waste of time that's it's not even worth house hunting anymore.

personally , its been a lot of fun so far, now instead of having to go through a gang one house at a time , we can get our info on where the gang base is located, do a bit of recon on the place and then when the time comes for the raiding operation 

the bastard places take so long to get in the gang inevitably will turn up leading to a tense stand off and alot more roleplay  weather that be in the form of combat or negotiations 

i find it kind of weird how an update aimed at the civilain/rebel side of the community has made it so much fun for me and my men who were getting quite bored twiddling our thumbs up north with hardly anything to do 

house robbing of old was to easy you could move through an entire town and empty it in minutes , now though planning , preperation and execution all come into play if you want to be successful 

I can see where you're coming from Tom but I honestly think the changes are amazing. It's something we've needed for a long time and it's something that makes the server alot more unique. more endgame goals and more options. I absolutely love it and I hope it stays.

Exactly. There was no art, skill or real methodology with house-robbing in the old days. It was simply a case of fly-by and fish for crates. Tended to favour the robbers with a heli too, rather than the ones who put in the hours observing, following, casing joints, watching people, and simple hard footslog.

The capability of houses to be robbed is still the same. Nothing in your house is 100% safe, while you are online - that's not changed. 

It's just a bit harder for would-be robbers to find their victims, and means you actually have to work at it a bit more now, if you want to get a good bit of cat-burgling done.

And indeed, we added the "knock on house" option precisely so that you had a legal way of interrogating a house to see whether or not it was occupied/owner online. I felt we needed something to replace the 'looking in the windows for the crate' thing, but didn't like the idea that you'd actually have to commence the illegal act of bolt-cutting in order to find out. So Rath added the door-knock thing; which is legal, but potentially suspicious. It's not enough for a cop to nick you for, if he caught you doing one house and you said you were simply visiting a mate... but if he secretly observed you trotting up and down an entire village's streets door-knocking, then he might have something to say about it... especially if you were 'going equipped' and had a bolt-cutter in your baggage.

Yes, we've made it less 'gamey' or 'exploity'... but this is a roleplay server, innit? How many burglars do you think fly past houses looking for crates? And how many instead go sneaking around the back looking over windowsills and tapping on doors to see who's in, ready with their bluff about 'selling brushes', etc? If we're going to rob, let's get into the part, eh? ;)

Exactly. There was no art, skill or real methodology with house-robbing in the old days. It was simply a case of fly-by and fish for crates. Tended to favour the robbers with a heli too, rather than the ones who put in the hours observing, following, casing joints, watching people, and simple hard footslog.

The capability of houses to be robbed is still the same. Nothing in your house is 100% safe, while you are online - that's not changed. 

It's just a bit harder for would-be robbers to find their victims, and means you actually have to work at it a bit more now, if you want to get a good bit of cat-burgling done.

And indeed, we added the "knock on house" option precisely so that you had a legal way of interrogating a house to see whether or not it was occupied/owner online. I felt we needed something to replace the 'looking in the windows for the crate' thing, but didn't like the idea that you'd actually have to commence the illegal act of bolt-cutting in order to find out. So Rath added the window-look thing; which is legal, but potentially suspicious. It's not enough for a cop to nick you for, if he caught you doing one house and you said you were simply visiting a mate... but if he secretly observed you trotting up and down an entire village's streets door-knocking, then he might have something to say about it... especially if you were 'going equipped' and had a bolt-cutter in your baggage.

Yes, we've made it less 'gamey' or 'exploity'... but this is a roleplay server, innit? How many burglars do you think fly past houses looking for crates? And how many instead go sneaking around the back looking over windowsills and tapping on doors to see who's in, ready with their bluff about 'selling brushes', etc? If we're going to rob, let's get into the part, eh? ;)
I personally feel you're looking to hard at the roleplay aspect of this and not taking into account the reality of the server. It sounds great when you write it out how you've done with police watching you observe a village worth of doors and how that roleplay would work but in reality this will/has never happened. I understand it hasn't been implemented like this previously but even with the old update I never had police respond to anyones house being broken nor did I ever have any cops follow me when I was looking through cities for houses.

At the end of the day, the changes on the server are here to bring enjoyment to the players and to increase and make players want to play. However ,all I see here is now I will have to go to literally every door do this 'looking through the window' thing and hope I find a house. Even with a full pop on the server you'd be lucky to even find one house now which is something I personally disagree with.

Just two points i'd like to raise on this suggestion; consider this:

- Make it when someone 'looks through your window' you get a notification of such when someone robs your house. You'd need the alarm system of-course for this to occur.

- Consider the possibility of cops houses being able to be robbed. Not only will this increase the amount of houses that can be robbed but it will equally lead to situations where you'll rob a house and a whole fleet of cops will come over because you're robbing a CSI's house. I understand that if the cop has guns in their house then tut tut tut but I am sure polices can be changed to be made in accommodation for this change. As you said, this is a roleplay server and I am sure that the police have a house they live in :).

I personally feel you're looking to hard at the roleplay aspect of this and not taking into account the reality of the server. It sounds great when you write it out how you've done with police watching you observe a village worth of doors and how that roleplay would work but in reality this will/has never happened. I understand it hasn't been implemented like this previously but even with the old update I never had police respond to anyones house being broken nor did I ever have any cops follow me when I was looking through cities for houses.
Reason us police never responded to house being broken into is mostly due to it being just displayed in chat that a house is being broken into, these messages would last about 2 seconds and well a majority of us do not even look at chat as there was very little reason for us. Now we get proper dispatches giving detail about the house which is extremely hard to miss so I would expect police to start responding. Was playing as a civilian and when our base was being raided and police responded. (Although that could have been due to the large amounts of gunfire tbh). 

At the end of the day, the changes on the server are here to bring enjoyment to the players and to increase and make players want to play. However ,all I see here is now I will have to go to literally every door do this 'looking through the window' thing and hope I find a house. Even with a full pop on the server you'd be lucky to even find one house now which is something I personally disagree with.

Just two points i'd like to raise on this suggestion; consider this:

- Make it when someone 'looks through your window' you get a notification of such when someone robs your house. You'd need the alarm system of-course for this to occur.

- Consider the possibility of cops houses being able to be robbed. Not only will this increase the amount of houses that can be robbed but it will equally lead to situations where you'll rob a house and a whole fleet of cops will come over because you're robbing a CSI's house. I understand that if the cop has guns in their house then tut tut tut but I am sure polices can be changed to be made in accommodation for this change. As you said, this is a roleplay server and I am sure that the police have a house they live in :).
sorry i have to disagree , how can a developer of a roleplay server possibly look to hard at the roleplay aspect of an idea theyve implemented , its like questioning an electrician why he looks to hard at faulty wires lol 

i cant speak for the police but in unmc lands we always had a team on housing patrol looking our for people acting strangely around our towns and them questioning them if we feel we had good reason 

it makes it even more important for us now as we have lost the ability to see when houses in our lands are being robbed so need to have a team on over watch as much as possible  because of course the saftey of the people and there property inside of our territorys is of most improtance

as for being able to rob police houses , im not so sure however just the thought of raiding certain police who have made unmc lives a misery would excite me as much as being in a field surrounded by sheep 😆

sorry i have to disagree , how can a developer of a roleplay server possibly look to hard at the roleplay aspect of an idea theyve implemented , its like questioning an electrician why he looks to hard at faulty wires lol 
Maybe my point was written poorly; what I mean is it sounds good on paper but in reality it just wont happen. These I would personally refer to as 'dream's are not the reality. Cops will not watch someone running from door to door of houses. They'll just drive past and do something else; what was good was how it was possible to be able to spend time looking for houses it was possible you'd be able to actually find houses rob. However, now you could be looking for literally hours and not find one house because of how mundane the process is now to find a house to rob.

Maybe my point was written poorly; what I mean is it sounds good on paper but in reality it just wont happen. These I would personally refer to as 'dream's are not the reality. Cops will not watch someone running from door to door of houses. They'll just drive past and do something else; what was good was how it was possible to be able to spend time looking for houses it was possible you'd be able to actually find houses rob. However, now you could be looking for literally hours and not find one house because of how mundane the process is now to find a house to rob.
i understand its hard as fuck now but sadly in life all good things need to be worked for and im sure rebels will find a way to make this work there a durable buch after all , they have to be with us snapping at there asses wherever they go 😆

i understand its hard as fuck now but sadly in life all good things need to be worked for and im sure rebels will find a way to make this work there a durable buch after all , they have to be with us snapping at there asses wherever they go 
1f606.png
Indeed, where there is a will there is a way. For now im going to put up my bandana in my house and wait a few months until I start robbing houses again. I hope that from this change it will mean houses will be minted with looties as people will become complacent with how little they get robbed.

Back