What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The Rule of 6 (NoPixel Inspired)

JB_

I've had multiple discussions with so many people about this rule however I don't think I have ever seen it fully suggested on the Forums and I thought it would be great for a discussion.

Obviously this rule is in force on the No Pixel server and after casually playing on the public for a while and seeing how it works I struggle to see how it could negatively effect Roleplay. I only see positives and it could bring to an end some of the Meta that is currently taking over regarding gun fights/gang wars etc.

The basic premise of the rule is Any Situation/Scenario can only be carried out by a group of Maximum size 6 people.
There is a lot more detail to it underneath the basic idea so I will try to break it down using scenarios as an example;

Doing the big bank - No more than 6 people can take part in the heist at ANY point up until the robbers are free and the money is stored. This includes the escape, the set up etc. This means police will ALWAYS know that the most they will come up against is 6 people. This will allow the police to have standard procedure for the big bank in terms of the amount of units they will send etc to ensure it is fun and fair for both sides.

Gang Wars - This is where it gets a little more complex. The current gang war meta allows the one with the biggest numbers/best shooters to win a gun fight. The way this rule would work in regards to gangs wars is as follows;

Pushing A Gang Turf During War - The standard rule applies. A maximum of 6 people can push a gang turf during 1 scenario at a time. No one else can get involved while the scenario is on going. This includes Medics, Scouts etc. NO 3rd party involvement once a scenario has begun.

Defending a Gang Turf During War - This is where the rule differs. If you are pushed by the above group of 6 - Any gang members on the Turf at that time can defend and fire back there is no limit, if they are on turf, they are involved and can shoot. However, If you are in the gang being pushed, and you are NOT on your turf once the scenario has begun, You cannot arrive and involve yourself in the situation.
They only exception to the above rule is when - The attacking party has up to 6 people attacking. The defending party had 4. The defending party is allowed to call 2 additional members to even up the numbers to make it a 6on6.

The main thing to remember is - No matter what the situation is; once it has begun NO ONE can get involved other than to even up the numbers during a fight to a maximum of 6.

The main pros to this are;
- Stop the Zerg meta of numbers=win

- During gang wars, attacking is a lot more tactical and stops all out gunfights from restart to restart

- Groups such as the police can have standard procedures as they know crim activity will involve a maximum of 6 people (bank, shops, pharmacies)

Cons;

- People will break the rule because they want a W - on NoPixel people are instantly banned if these rules are broken no matter who they are

- People won't like it as it is more likely to result in less shooting day to day.

Open to discussions 🙂

sounds extremely difficult to regulate as staff can't be watching every situation 24/7 and it will be difficult for players to judge if the opposing side has 6 or not.
Problems also arise when you take gang clothing or just similar clothing in general.

2 Gang members are pulled over by the police - Only 4 gang members can arrive to involve themselves in the situation
X amount of gang members are being held hostage - Only a group of 6 can go on a rescue mission
Gang A wants a meeting with Gang B - 6 member from each side on neutral ground. If at a gang turf only 6 can travel to the opposing side. the "home turf" of the meeting has no cap.

I will add more as I think of them.

I don't get it. I'd feel like I'm playing a 4 player game, then my 5th friend comes along and wants to join in on our antics and I'd have to be like "sorry mate, rule of 4, you can't play with us". Its a 301 slot server, people come here to be play together, the Police is massive, we can handle it, I know cause that's what I mainly play, this rule makes no sense. -1

(I know he said rule of 6, my point stands)

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds extremely difficult to regulate as staff can't be watching every situation 24/7 and it will be difficult for players to judge if the opposing side has 6 or not.
Problems also arise when you take gang clothing or just similar clothing in general.
Staff don't need to be watching and its very easy to spot when there are more than 6 people coming at you. If no 3rd party can be involved, and only 6 people can initiate a situation its very easy to police as a server rule from a player side. If you think theres more than 6, call them to TS with a clip and its a ban. It would have to be held up as one of the strictest of all server rules because it completely changes the way the server operates and would be integral to maintaining it once it is in place.

As an example I watched a gang fight on Nopixel public, 7 people accidently pushed a gang and they called them out for it. They had a discussion about it and 8 people took a ban that night because of it from BOTH sides. Neither party pushed for a ban but if the admins view it as follow the rule or be banned then its out of peoples hands.

I don't get it. I'd feel like I'm playing a 4 player game, then my 5th friend comes along and wants to join in on our antics and I'd have to be like "sorry mate, rule of 4, you can't play with us". Its a 301 slot server, people come here to be play together, the Police is massive, we can handle it, I know cause that's what I mainly play, this rule makes no sense. -1

(I know he said rule of 6, my point stands)
How do you think the gangs would feel, only 6 out of 25 can do the big bank at a time, only 6 can push a turf. Its not about limiting what people can do with their friends, its for the benefit of the whole server. To counter arguments that it is a stupid suggestion, it literally is the most enforced and followed rule on the biggest and most successful server in GTA RP. if your friend cant join your group he can roleplay to find other people to hang with. It only encourages Roleplay.

Staff don't need to be watching and its very easy to spot when there are more than 6 people coming at you. If no 3rd party can be involved, and only 6 people can initiate a situation its very easy to police as a server rule from a player side. If you think theres more than 6, call them to TS with a clip and its a ban. It would have to be held up as one of the strictest of all server rules because it completely changes the way the server operates and would be integral to maintaining it once it is in place.

As an example I watched a gang fight on Nopixel public, 7 people accidently pushed a gang and they called them out for it. They had a discussion about it and 8 people took a ban that night because of it from BOTH sides. Neither party pushed for a ban but if the admins view it as follow the rule or be banned then its out of peoples hands.
Whats the point though? Why shun soemone from wanting to play with their 5 friends on a situation? Police can easily respond 20+ armed officers. I play Police main and I don't want this rule, it would massively play to my favour as a Police Officer. I don't want this. Its broken and makes no sense, roleplay wise, balance wise, gameplay wise, reality wise. Its all wrong. Please no. 

Nah sorry this makes no sense to me. 

I really like this idea. Coming from a POV of gang wars, I hate the fact that people can just log on during a shootout and join in and make the numbers so uneven seeing that the only reason the other gang has pushed is because they have scouted turfs and counted numbers, but then more wake up - it's a nightmare. I also like the idea of during wars when someone goes down (goes to hospital) they cannot return to the fight whatsoever or else it'll be NEVER ending, also makes it fair.

So I am going to +1 this idea. I think it would make alot of scenarios less toxic and hopefully less reports would be made.

just means people will just sit on turf unable to be pushed since pushers can only have 6 max

id argue more reports would be made, probably a lot of them false accusations for people having over 6.

I really like this idea. Coming from a POV of gang wars, I hate the fact that people can just log on during a shootout and join in and make the numbers so uneven seeing that the only reason the other gang has pushed is because they have scouted turfs and counted numbers, but then more wake up - it's a nightmare. I also like the idea of during wars when someone goes down (goes to hospital) they cannot return to the fight whatsoever or else it'll be NEVER ending, also makes it fair.

So I am going to +1 this idea. I think it would make alot of scenarios less toxic and hopefully less reports would be made.
I'm all for a hop on squad rule like we had on Arma, not this though, not how its worded presently. 7 medics turn up to a major incident, are they getting banned? 7 Gruppe 6 for a extreme high risk prison transport, are they getting banned? No way.

Whats the point though? Why shun soemone from wanting to play with their 5 friends on a situation? Police can easily respond 20+ armed officers. I play Police main and I don't want this rule, it would massively play to my favour as a Police Officer. I don't want this. Its broken and makes no sense, roleplay wise, balance wise, gameplay wise, reality wise. Its all wrong. Please no. 
How can Police easily respond with 20+ armed officers? The whole point of the rule is to allow cops to hand standard numbers/procedures for each situation/scenario to stop the whole PD rushing to each thing. Thats for police comm to come up with and once its set, if a police car pulls up and sees the unit limit already on scene, de assign and off you go.

just means people will just sit on turf unable to be pushed since pushers can only have 6 max

id argue more reports would be made, probably a lot of them false accusations for people having over 6.
Your first sentence just pointed out the whole point of the rule. Gangs will be sat on Turfs acting like gangs and not being pushed. They have to stay together at turf to protect each other. If they all leave and there's just a few left they can be pushed and the rest cant return. Its only STOPPING gun fights from happening every 30 minutes during a war. Im not sure I understand your argument other than, now its harder to win.

How can Police easily respond with 20+ armed officers? The whole point of the rule is to allow cops to hand standard numbers/procedures for each situation/scenario to stop the whole PD rushing to each thing. Thats for police comm to come up with and once its set, if a police car pulls up and sees the unit limit already on scene, de assign and off you go.
You don't use 6 officers for a major incident. You have response closing roads, you have RPU on standby incase there's a getaway, you have CID getting close UC watching close. You have firearms to push in, you have MPO if they are going to escape by boat, you have divers incase they dive deep into the water, you have NPAS (which must be double crewed) watching from the skies. This rule doesn't work. 

Appying this rule to factions doesn't make sense, and its not fair to let the factions off with it but push it on gangs/ groups etc

I think my main concern for this would be that at the end of the day we all come here to have fun and spent time with the friends that we made along the ride. If we'd implement this as a rule it would mean that friend groups/gangs have to split up or can't do certain activities together anymore. I also would fear that people who work a lot IRL and can't always be the first to join the Server would get left behind because another 6 people have already been picked. I understand that people want to make sure that the "win mentality" gets slowed down, especially during roberries and wars but I feel that by limiting activities to X amount of people it would feel more like a punishment in a sense. I personally love having big groups of people come together, also during robberies. Of course there is situations where it will get abused to force a "win" but most of the time it also gives a wide variety of RP and interactions, the more the merrier. Also I feel that people who desperately want to win will not be stopped by this. 

Gang A wants a meeting with Gang B - 6 member from each side on neutral ground. If at a gang turf only 6 can travel to the opposing side. the "home turf" of the meeting has no cap.
I do however like this. Could help to make sure that meetings don't end badly (by one side overpowering the other) and it would combat unwanted attention from feds, which should be the main focus of every gang and a shared goal. 

I'm all for a hop on squad rule like we had on Arma, not this though, not how its worded presently. 7 medics turn up to a major incident, are they getting banned? 7 Gruppe 6 for a extreme high risk prison transport, are they getting banned? No way.
Why not have 6 Gruppe 6 for a transport? The most they can be hit by is a Group of 6. as it is now they can be hit by a group of 20. This point doesnt make sense.

You don't use 6 officers for a major incident. You have response closing roads, you have RPU on standby incase there's a getaway, you have CID getting close UC watching close. You have firearms to push in, you have MPO if they are going to escape by boat, you have divers incase they dive deep into the water, you have NPAS (which must be double crewed) watching from the skies. This rule doesn't work. 
I didn't say 6 officers I said it would be for Police Comm to come up with what would be needed for each scenario.

+1

I think we can all agree that gang wars are in a bad state at the minute. Somehow every man and his dog ends up being involved in them in some sort of way. Personally think this would be a good change to prevent things like that from happening in the future and would make situations that turn into a gunfight a lot less toxic and would end a lot quicker.

I also feel like there would need to be some sort of counter balance from the police as well if this was to be implemented. For example, police can have double the number of crims in a situation so that the criminals aren't completely overpowered with no chance of ever being able to win the situation. Obviously things like big police operations this wouldn't apply.

Back