What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The Rule of 6 (NoPixel Inspired)

JB_

I've had multiple discussions with so many people about this rule however I don't think I have ever seen it fully suggested on the Forums and I thought it would be great for a discussion.

Obviously this rule is in force on the No Pixel server and after casually playing on the public for a while and seeing how it works I struggle to see how it could negatively effect Roleplay. I only see positives and it could bring to an end some of the Meta that is currently taking over regarding gun fights/gang wars etc.

The basic premise of the rule is Any Situation/Scenario can only be carried out by a group of Maximum size 6 people.
There is a lot more detail to it underneath the basic idea so I will try to break it down using scenarios as an example;

Doing the big bank - No more than 6 people can take part in the heist at ANY point up until the robbers are free and the money is stored. This includes the escape, the set up etc. This means police will ALWAYS know that the most they will come up against is 6 people. This will allow the police to have standard procedure for the big bank in terms of the amount of units they will send etc to ensure it is fun and fair for both sides.

Gang Wars - This is where it gets a little more complex. The current gang war meta allows the one with the biggest numbers/best shooters to win a gun fight. The way this rule would work in regards to gangs wars is as follows;

Pushing A Gang Turf During War - The standard rule applies. A maximum of 6 people can push a gang turf during 1 scenario at a time. No one else can get involved while the scenario is on going. This includes Medics, Scouts etc. NO 3rd party involvement once a scenario has begun.

Defending a Gang Turf During War - This is where the rule differs. If you are pushed by the above group of 6 - Any gang members on the Turf at that time can defend and fire back there is no limit, if they are on turf, they are involved and can shoot. However, If you are in the gang being pushed, and you are NOT on your turf once the scenario has begun, You cannot arrive and involve yourself in the situation.
They only exception to the above rule is when - The attacking party has up to 6 people attacking. The defending party had 4. The defending party is allowed to call 2 additional members to even up the numbers to make it a 6on6.

The main thing to remember is - No matter what the situation is; once it has begun NO ONE can get involved other than to even up the numbers during a fight to a maximum of 6.

The main pros to this are;
- Stop the Zerg meta of numbers=win

- During gang wars, attacking is a lot more tactical and stops all out gunfights from restart to restart

- Groups such as the police can have standard procedures as they know crim activity will involve a maximum of 6 people (bank, shops, pharmacies)

Cons;

- People will break the rule because they want a W - on NoPixel people are instantly banned if these rules are broken no matter who they are

- People won't like it as it is more likely to result in less shooting day to day.

Open to discussions 🙂

+1 I think its about time gang wars were sorted out. They always turn extremely toxic or into a report war. They just aren’t enjoyable anymore. It ends up turning into 2 gangs vs 1 because people are so eager to shoot which is a mentality thats killing wars. Its also giving the wrong impression to other gangs imo.

-1 from me, how would any one be able to push a turf gang with only 6 people against the whole gang they are pushing, what happens when police arrive? 6v15v6?

How would the gang being pushed know how many are actually pushing? would also take too much policing from staff they have enough on thier plate.

My main reason for -1 below.
Inclusivity - also dont like how it would probably result in "favourite" groups with people being left out.

Inclusivity - also dont like how it would probably result in "favourite" groups with people being left out.
similar to this, but there'd be different groups formed within the same gang of  'drillers' with the good shooters being the ones to go out etc which is the opposite of what we want to achieve

-1 from me, how would any one be able to push a turf gang with only 6 people against the whole gang they are pushing, what happens when police arrive? 6v15v6?

How would the gang being pushed know how many are actually pushing? would also take too much policing from staff they have enough on thier plate.

My main reason for -1 below.
All these excuses that it is hard to enforce how about people just respect that the rule is there for the good of the server and people put their egos aside and stick to it? The point is exactly that. It stops you pushing a gang turf unless you fancy your chances. 6v10 for example you can still win if you send your best hitters and catch those 10 off guard. or maybe you see 15 people on turf then a few cars roll out to go somewhere so you strike. You plan it instead of just pushing with all your numbers.
Inclusivity in what sense? Being left out of what? Shoot outs? Potentially. You do want your best being the aggressors just like any normal gang IRL would. Everyone is still free to defend and they are still free to create separate situations. For example..

Lets say Vagos are scouting out coalition ranch. Theres 15 people on the turf. 3 cars leave with 6 people in that's now 9. The spotter calls 6 people in to make the push vs the 9. another group of 6 hunt down the 6 people that left to hold them up/create something separate knowing that they cannot return to the active ranch situation. The remaining gang members stay at turf in case its pushed by 6. They roleplay their characters as members of their gang and this would only encourage more RP. If people are feeling left out create some RP and do something about it. Some people like torturing and doing that kind of RP, they can be used by the gang for that. Some people are good drivers, they can be assigned that when its needed. 
if the main reason to say no is well that means I get left out of shooting then what does that say about peoples reasons for being on the server.

I do however like this. Could help to make sure that meetings don't end badly (by one side overpowering the other) and it would combat unwanted attention from feds, which should be the main focus of every gang and a shared goal. 
Another plus side of this is that by limiting meetings to 6v6 at neutral locations this would more than likely result in it being the gang seniors who attend. These people SHOULD by definition of being seniors have superior roleplay and be able to see beyond the actual meeting to create/dream up more imaginative scenarios instead of mouthy gang members chipping in and mouthing off which usually leads to one outcome.

If the rule can apply to police aswell, then I don't see an issue
It can't apply in the exact same format for the police as they should still be the overwhelming stronger side in any situation given they are the police. This is what adds to the risk for the group of 6 - However, they should have set limits in place for certain scenarios to ensure they are not too overpowered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems you're fighting an up-hill battle here in the comments. People don't like change and the same goes for the real world, people fear change. I think it would certainly add more balance to the whole gang meta and put an end to toxic zerging and make scenarios more enjoyable. Gang wars for example you'd not have 20 immature idiots dribbling over your corpse doing Fortnite dances while you're trying to roleplay being injured.

People won't understand it and people fear it will leave them feeling left out of the loop and not part of a certain aspect of the gang roleplay, but it's a roleplay server, if you're not in the little 6 man gang push, you continue your story in other ways like the grown ups we all should be and if you're feeling left out you roleplay getting involved in the next 6 man adventure. Makes communicating and actually roleplaying a thing and not just 30 people screaming in a single area, communications being misheard and random people just being shot. I'm all for it but it seems plenty are not. Having a read over some of the comments, I wish the coalition /  Vagos war had tried these rules in their war as a trial just to get a feel for how it would work and perhaps the state the war is in now wouldn't be so ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the idea when it comes to gangs… it would stop the meta for sure however it would be horrible for crims when it comes to the police, 

No pixel is a content server where AK’s are super easy to get and everyone rolls around with guns coming out their ass…. On RPUK guns are way harder to get and get very expensive… but police have very easy access to guns and costs them peanuts… 

This would make the police way more OP than they already are and I don’t think anyone would bother doing any robberies unless police response was also limited…

I love the idea when it comes to gangs… it would stop the meta for sure however it would be horrible for crims when it comes to the police, 

No pixel is a content server where AK’s are super easy to get and everyone rolls around with guns coming out their ass…. On RPUK guns are way harder to get and get very expensive… but police have very easy access to guns and costs them peanuts… 

This would make the police way more OP than they already are and I don’t think anyone would bother doing any robberies unless police response was also limited…
Personal opinion but police should be feared more and crime should not be so out in the open and public. It would require a slight change in police mentality and tthe way the police operate in the interest of being fair, but there should not be like 30 cops chasing you and trying to TC you at 130mph that's for sure.

While I agree with the concept, it would take a lot of trust in the groups to be honest with their numbers, and the 6 members would probably have to be regularly swapped out as to not cause internal arguments etc. But I like the idea personally

Reading some comments here made me chuckle. There's so many positives to this rule yet people are too tunnel-visioned to realize the good it can bring to the server.

You're here to make a story for your character, make an impact on the server, the community and ultimately have fun. How do people make stories for their characters if you're sitting behind a gang with 20 people waiting for something to be initiated by another person? You're gonna roll up to the situation, have nothing to say and pray somebody shoots so you can get involved. Please tell me I'm wrong?

If you're dependent on another person to start something for you because you can't make a story for yourself, you shouldn't be here. This is the mentality across all gangs on the server. There's only a select few people from each gang to actively go out and involve themselves in RP and these are the people that appear on login screens and are known in the community. So many members in gangs however if somebody asked you to name half of the members from the opposing gang, you wouldn't have a clue. You're not gonna get your name out there because you're wearing colors and you took part in a shootout.

The rule of 6 is to incentivize new and existing players to go out and participate in stories that are based around your character, not your gang. With so few people in a party going around with you, you have the opportunity to talk and introduce yourself to the server. You're not in the shadows quietly listening and waiting for the situation to resolve, you're participating

Having little parties going around the city, brings life everywhere around to the server, not just your turf. Seeing people log on just for disputes and wars because you have the free pass and the opportunity to RDM someone, please get the fuck out.

Everything else has pretty much been covered already. The rule is not there to punish anybody, it's there to incentivize more quality RP. If there wasn't a problem, this topic would have never exist, but as expressed by some of the members above, there clearly is one. If you're here to just to shit on the idea because it doesn't suit you and you have nothing interesting to add to the conversation to try and find the solution, again, find the door and fuck off 👋.

Reading some comments here made me chuckle. There's so many positives to this rule yet people are too tunnel-visioned to realize the good it can bring to the server.

You're here to make a story for your character, make an impact on the server, the community and ultimately have fun. How do people make stories for their characters if you're sitting behind a gang with 20 people waiting for something to be initiated by another person? You're gonna roll up to the situation, have nothing to say and pray somebody shoots so you can get involved. Please tell me I'm wrong?

If you're dependent on another person to start something for you because you can't make a story for yourself, you shouldn't be here. This is the mentality across all gangs on the server. There's only a select few people from each gang to actively go out and involve themselves in RP and these are the people that appear on login screens and are known in the community. So many members in gangs however if somebody asked you to name half of the members from the opposing gang, you wouldn't have a clue. You're not gonna get your name out there because you're wearing colors and you took part in a shootout.

The rule of 6 is to incentivize new and existing players to go out and participate in stories that are based around your character, not your gang. With so few people in a party going around with you, you have the opportunity to talk and introduce yourself to the server. You're not in the shadows quietly listening and waiting for the situation to resolve, you're participating

Having little parties going around the city, brings life everywhere around to the server, not just your turf. Seeing people log on just for disputes and wars because you have the free pass and the opportunity to RDM someone, please get the fuck out.

Everything else has pretty much been covered already. The rule is not there to punish anybody, it's there to incentivize more quality RP. If there wasn't a problem, this topic would have never exist, but as expressed by some of the members above, there clearly is one. If you're here to just to shit on the idea because it doesn't suit you and you have nothing interesting to add to the conversation to try and find the solution, again, find the door and fuck off 👋.
Huge +1 👏

Personal opinion but police should be feared more and crime should not be so out in the open and public. It would require a slight change in police mentality and tthe way the police operate in the interest of being fair, but there should not be like 30 cops chasing you and trying to TC you at 130mph that's for sure.
My only concern would be the 30 cops chasing  or just a never ending wave of officers… if your team of 6 manages to wipe the responding officers there should be a limit to how many back up officers can arrive… I agree police should have more power than gangs and should be feared but a never ending wave of heavily armed officers wouldn’t be any fun 

My only concern would be the 30 cops chasing  or just a never ending wave of officers… if your team of 6 manages to wipe the responding officers there should be a limit to how many back up officers can arrive… I agree police should have more power than gangs and should be feared but a never ending wave of heavily armed officers wouldn’t be any fun 
I feel the only reason there's so many armed officers in the first place is the fact theres a million armed idiots in the city shooting whenever someone looks at them funny. The first port of call for a team of 6 should not be to "wipe" the officers but to avoid getting in to a situation where you have to murder police at all, be smart about attacks, avoid standing around when the police are watching over, escape as you hear the sirens. It all links to that other post in suggestions about gang revamps  and changing mentality in the city. It wouldn't happen over night thats for sure.

Big +1 from me - always really liked this idea (although I do feel its a very tough thing to make work on non-whitelisted servers)

Are there enough people in this community who can count to 6? I suspect not 🤣

Great idea in theory. Difficult to enforce potentially but if it's proven to work then it could be worth a shot.

I don't think the rule would be difficult to enforce, it would immediately become see more then 6 people together at a situation report it on the forums. I really don't like this rule, it restricts roleplay and excludes people from situations, the server has 301 people on it sometimes yet you can only have 6 people at one situation, how does that make sense? In terms of needing it so there can be plans in place for police to deal with certain situations there can still be plans but they just need to be flexible based on numbers or multiple plan, and by having it only go a certain way it will become boring and repetitive with no sort of challenge, the police have the numbers to cope with varying situations.

The rule sounds like it would be better suited to Altis where we had things like the 3 to 1 rule for police. The rule caters more for ruleplay then roleplay, what are you supposed to say, 'sorry you can't join us cause the government says so.'

Back