What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The tale of the Mandolin

Robert Coxx

Let's begin by saying I'm an idiot. That being said let me tell you a brief tale about the dumb thing I did 2 days ago. My wife and I were making dinner, and I wanted to test out our new mandolin that we got during the holiday. While slicing some veggies i came upon baby carrots that weren't large enough to attach to the blade guide. So I came up with the brilliant idea to slice them slowly with my right hand. Now I'm right handed....what could go wrong? 

I eyeballed each slice of the first one no problem, second one... same result, but the 3rd one...bad things happened. I got cocky and started going a bit too fast with the slicing. When the carrot was little more than a nubbin I did one slice too many and lobbed off the tips of 2 of my fingers. so now my dominant hand looks like a Frankenstein's monster. The doctor (because of course a doctor was involved in this) ended up doing what I could have done at home for free. He disinfected it thoroughly and then used a type of medical grade super glue to stop the bleeding. Since the slices were so deep and so broad stitches were not an option; the superglue was the only thing he could think of. so now I have 2 fingers that hurt like hell, look like hamburger meat, and zings me every time I so much as bend them. Thinking this is going to hamper my gaming for a bit.  I'm typing this entirely with my left hand and the ring finger of my right hand. kind of hard to game like that. 

Mandolin = 2, Me = 0

Let's begin by saying I'm an idiot. That being said let me tell you a brief tale about the dumb thing I did 2 days ago. My wife and I were making dinner, and I wanted to test out our new mandolin that we got during the holiday. While slicing some veggies i came upon baby carrots that weren't large enough to attach to the blade guide. So I came up with the brilliant idea to slice them slowly with my right hand. Now I'm right handed....what could go wrong? 

I eyeballed each slice of the first one no problem, second one... same result, but the 3rd one...bad things happened. I got cocky and started going a bit too fast with the slicing. When the carrot was little more than a nubbin I did one slice too many and lobbed off the tips of 2 of my fingers. so now my dominant hand looks like a Frankenstein's monster. The doctor (because of course a doctor was involved in this) ended up doing what I could have done at home for free. He disinfected it thoroughly and then used a type of medical grade super glue to stop the bleeding. Since the slices were so deep and so broad stitches were not an option; the superglue was the only thing he could think of. so now I have 2 fingers that hurt like hell, look like hamburger meat, and zings me every time I so much as bend them. Thinking this is going to hamper my gaming for a bit.  I'm typing this entirely with my left hand and the ring finger of my right hand. kind of hard to game like that. 

Mandolin = 2, Me = 0
I'm sorry to hear that.. that was a very "expensive" meal and i bet you didn't end up enjoying it :/ Props for typing with the left hand and i wish you the best, heal fast! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back