What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

The Warrior's ultimate act is to lay down his sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thesoldier

Banned
My time has come, I no longer desire to carry the sword anymore.

I have recently spoken with Management and the the other staff, and I have decided to follow the footsteps of Reverand, Friendlyfireguy, Vacatio, and go into retirement. This has not been an easy decision, however real life has forced me into retirement.  

This decision is made with geninue regret, however I no longer have time for gaming in general. After 28+ years of videogaming, it's time to turn in the joysticks, keyboards, headsets, and gamepads. Now that I have a family, the responsibilities of work and children have put a damper on my gaming hobby. I've decided to semi-retire and join the shuffleboard club that Reverand started.

This decision was actually made two weeks ago with casual conversation I had with Tinybigjacko and Ciarian. Wilco said it best "Baby life first, Altis life second." So after contemplating it, I decided to inform everyone of my final decision. So yes My time is done.

I'm proud of the opportunity and accomplishments I was given. I was an Inspector in the police, Mentor, In-game admin, full admin, staff member. Moreover I am thankful for the internet friendships and lovely people I've met. So I cannot thank the management team enough for everything they have done. Wilco said "Stay on the train or get off" so this is my stop, the old folks home where gamers go and play Atari and Nintendo all day to relive the glory of their childhood. (I'm still the Asbury Park 1990 Duck Hunt Champion damnit)

I've seen many things here in my time. I've seen men and women here rise and fall. Gangs rise up from nothing to become power houses. I've seen the power houses crumble into nothing, as it is said "Pride comes before the fall." Police, Rebel, NHS, has been a roller coaster that has made me quite dizzy during my time.

For the record due to recent events, my retirement was postponed because just for clarification I am not leaving the community to join Adster and Neo's community. I bear no ill will to them, and even still speak with them. I've wished them both good luck, and tried to be diplomatic behind the scenes to stop the drama from happening on both sides. As for those who were banned/unbanned or want to cause drama, I plead with you, just forgive and forget. After my time on the staff team I noticed that people considered me "Condescending" or "Scary" I never thought I was on any high horse, but looking back at my history, I was wrong. I was just passionate about this community, and believe in it so much.

To those I've banned, denied appeals, community banned, permanently banned. It was never personal or vindictive. The fact is I've always believed in rules, regulations, and doing my duty. I did my job that was asked of me, and in the end if you want to hurl abuse or hate at me for doing my job, that's fine.

As Medgar Evers said, "When you hate, the only person who suffers is you"

You really want someone to blame for your ban, look in the mirror

As far as the drama goes, I was a victim of someone who tried to be shady and get me banned. Someone divulged a conversation on another chat platform for the UNMC, but in the end if he/she are still here, I bear them no ill will and forgive them.

As far as my Staff status, I have requested to management for a certain person to take my spot. I hope they will fufill my request and give this person a shot at the big leagues. Tinybigjacko said my seat at the table will always be there if I can come back. Well like the Knight who sleeps at avalon, or the Marble emperor, maybe someday I will return. When the people are ready, and I am needed, I will answer the call. Until then I will await to watch for the crows that fly over the mountains. You may find me on Exile or on steam once in a blue moon, but for now I step back and let a new generation take over.

To the management team, I hope I did my duty well for you. Although at times I may have driven Neo, Vladic, Steph, and Wilco nuts, I made my decisions based on my love of the community. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission right. I'm thankful for your trust and believe in me. You have chosen some great staff, and I will sit by and let them have their glory. I will watch from the sidelines waiting until then.

In the end, I could sit here and tag everyone and give a personal goodbye, but for now this isn't really a goodbye. This is more of a see you later, and someday I will take the sword up again, but for now, I go in peace.

I could sit here and tag everyone, but it's just not my style. I love everyone here.

To sum up:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
what the fuck, you promised to join npas again!?

fuck sake soldier, you have been a great buddy of mine here ever since you joined the police, it is a shame to see you go, even though we lost a bit of contact when you got more into the staff position. However, take good care and good luck.

Goodbye @ThesoldierI've only ever played with you one time and you saved my jeep! Except it's tires! 

Good luck in life and enjoy watching the kids grow up! Come back and sai hi every now and then.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into the community @ThesoldierI wish you all the best with your real life, your career in the Police, and most importantly of all - your family life, well-being and health! :)

Hopefully we'll still see you around, or you'll make a grand return sometime.

My old friend, thank you for everything you have done not only for me but this community. From me pestering you on Slack or the forums you have always stuck by my side. 

Its been a pleasure to work alongside you, and it's a pleasure to call you my friend. Don't be a stranger, we will miss you.

Lots of love,

The guy who's better than crumble

JohnJoeegan

You have been one of the, if not the best, staff members we have had here.

You have always been there really whether it was as a cop along side me in the mentor team, or just helping me when I was like "Uhhh, fuck, what do I do now?".

I remember jumping into your channel and yelling your name to startle you back in the early days of mentor/in-game admin, and then you would shout back at me, this may sound silly but that is what I liked about you.

Anyways as I type I am letting my emotions get the best of me. (I am literally tearing up)

You better stay in the altis repo whats app group with us I would hate to loose you there.

It's funny maybe you barely remember me, but I have loads of respect for what you have done for us here.

So long,

and Farewell.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Soldier... Thanks for all the amazing work and times we shared together.

The hardwork and dedication you put into this community is upon an immense scale. When banning people you did it with the up most respect and fulfilled your duties like the legend you truly are.

You were an amazing Admin, Friend, Mentor, Police Officer - and my list could go on.

Stay safe IRL mate, and I wish you the best - make sure you are not a stranger and you pop on at times :)

Good luck mate!

Finally someone leaving without it being related to drama (dafuq?)

I (hope I can anyway) will say this for the whole community (but I probably can't).

Thank you for the time you've spent, the endless hours doing member support, getting rid of trolls and straightening hobos. It's been an absolute pleasure having you around. And even though the two of us wasn't close I still hope I could call you my friend, you always helped me when I asked and from the encounters we had, same side or not, you were a great cop and rp'er(well, you are afterall a real cop). I wish you the best of luck with your baby, and make sure to pop your head by from time to time :)

Thanks for the banter, Lots of Love.

Yours truly forum whore

Lemmen

(<- dat moment when the forums is my only link to the community nowadays lel) 

Soldier, I have always looked up to you and seen you as a leadership figure for my time so far in the Staff Team. I wish you and your family well in life, and I hope to see you again one day.

Enjoy being father, one day I hope the same for myself.

Daanish 

All the best Soldier, we started this journey together and it's a shame you have to leave us, however real life comes first! The only good thing I get out of this is I don't have to worry being shot out the sky with a fighter jet when roaming the island!

Much Love! @Thesoldier 

good luck with family life mate its a blast (until you have 7 kids and then you build a man cave to hide from the chaos) 

Amazing person, sad to see this. But life comes first. Take care solider, live long and prosper. 

Life always comes first! 

The little ones grow up so fast. So your decision is correct. 

Good Luck in the future and enjoy your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back