What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Tips on a new Dedicated Server provider?

KevinP

Certified Roleplayer
Disclaimer: This is not indented to advertise any companies mentioned, I am simply looking for a good solution for a decent price.

I am currently (shamelessly) using OVH to power my dedicated server, which I use to handle my personal website, personal projects and some little game servers to f*ck around on with friends. My current system specs are as follows:

Intel Core i5-750 (Quad Core @ 2.66Ghz) 
16GB DDR3 Memory
2TB SATA HDD
100Mbps Port
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (x64)

Now, to put it simply, the hardware isn't the best combination in my opinion. If this system had a 250GB SSD with 8GB Memory, it would be more suitable for my use. BUT, the main issue I have is the network speed, 100Mbps just isn't good for me, I mean, it works, but I want the best for my buck. Also, I do tend to at times manage to max out the CPU.

I have been looking into providers like RedStation, what most stood out to me was Zare, which is founded by the lovely Jordan and Harry who originally made Nitrous Networks, which from what I've heard is a great game server provider. I have talked to them and they have helped me with anything I needed, and their network frankly looks pretty sick.

System I am looking for:Some Form of Intel Xeon E38-16GB DDR3 Memory1TB HDD or 250GB SSDNetwork: 1GbpsDDoS protection included would be a plus.Ubuntu 14.04 (Or later) available

So, the reason I'm making this post here is to see if anyone else has any experience in this field that would be able to recommend me any providers they have used in the past, and what their experiences with support and quality was like. I thank everyone in advance for their advice.

I have also been interested in knowing if investing my my own hardware and colocating it would be a good idea, but I don't see it financially positive as most Colocation is 50GBP per U or more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zare is in Bristol :D! and i know where the data centre is (across the road from my girlfriends work)

ALUK have all there servers with Zare (custom hardware to what is offered)

Jordan has been a community saver for us along with Voxility, Having been with Hertzer / Redstation / OVH i wouldn't recommend anyone else but zare, we have been with them coming up to 6 months now!

Web server / Teamspeak server / Database server / S1 Server and S2 Server

Get it done! 

Zare is in Bristol :D! and i know where the data centre is (across the road from my girlfriends work)

Jordan has been a community saver for us along with Voxility, Having been with Hertzer / Redstation / OVH i wouldn't recommend anyone else but zare, we have been with them coming up to 6 months now!

Get it done! 
What's your opinion on their DDoS mitigation? (Zare)

What's your opinion on their DDoS mitigation? (Zare)
They use https://www.voxility.com/

Aswell as they also are on station to filter it themselves aswell if you cannot/dont feel like doing it yourself. Overall its the best DDOS protection that we have had overall.

Get it done! 
They use https://www.voxility.com/

Aswell as they also are on station to filter it themselves aswell if you cannot/dont feel like doing it yourself. Overall its the best DDOS protection that we have had overall.
Thanks for your help! Probably going to change on my next renewal date  :)

It says that Zare also has VPS's but I can't order any of them(When I click 'Deploy' it only shows dedicated servers). Can any of you guys help me with this? 

You can contact them. Their sales team is good from what I've heard.

Alot of their features are bespoke (made to order). you say what you want, and they'll quote you.

It says that Zare also has VPS's but I can't order any of them(When I click 'Deploy' it only shows dedicated servers). Can any of you guys help me with this? 
From what I know they are working on completing the panel, on the first run of them selling them the panel didn't have all of the features functional. In the mean time if you submit a ticket I'm sure they can hook you up with what you need. They used to use the base price of £5/gb RAM, so I guess that's the pricing you can base off.

From what I know they are working on completing the panel, on the first run of them selling them the panel didn't have all of the features functional. In the mean time if you submit a ticket I'm sure they can hook you up with what you need. They used to use the base price of £5/gb RAM, so I guess that's the pricing you can base off.
I have submitted a ticked, but no response after 5 days :( Now the ticket just closed...  :Crying2:

I have submitted a ticked, but no response after 5 days :( Now the ticket just closed...  :Crying2:
I messaged Jordan from Zare to see what the situation with tickets is.

EDIT: Resubmit the ticket, they don't have anything older than 3 hours in their system.

EDIT: Resubmit the ticket, they don't have anything older than 3 hours in their system.
Done, now it's just waiting, I guess :)  Thanks <3

Do you contact them through "Support" on the manager or through "Contact Us"?

Do you contact them through "Support" on the manager or through "Contact Us"?
I'm friends with Harry and Jordan on Skype :p , unfortunately I can't hand that out though.

I'm friends with Harry and Jordan on Skype , unfortunately I can't hand that out though.
Owww lol ;)
Ill await a reply then <3 (did it thru support in Manager) :D

Back