What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

TODAY IN HISTORY.

Vacatio

Here i thought each day i will post historical events that have happened on each given day. Im a bit of a history buff and i thought it might be of some interest to some of you. 

Today 13/07/?

The Crusaders launch their final assault on Jerusalem.

George Washington surrenders Fort Necessity to the French, leaving them in control of the

Ohio Valley.

Frank Sinatra records his first song, "From the Bottom of my Heart," with the Harry James Band.

1941   Britain and the Soviet Union sign a mutual aid pact, providing the means for Britain to send war materiel to the Soviet Union.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mass VDM in Kavala, Altis UK

Today 14/7/?

1845 - Fire in NYC destroys 1,000 homes & kills many

1853 - New Zealand holds its first general election

1933 - NSDAP (Nazis) becomes only political party in Germany

1940 - Lithuania becomes Lithuanian SSR

1946 - Mass murder of Jews in Kielce, Poland

1951 - George Washington Carver monument unveiled

1960 - Fire raging through a Guatemala City, Guatemala insane asylum kills 225, severly injuring 300

1962 - US performs nuclear Test at Nevada Test Site

Today in History

14/7/?

1223   In France, Louis VIII succeeds his father, Philip Augustus.

1789   The Bastille, a fortress in Paris used to hold political prisoners, is stormed by a mob

1864   At Harrisburg, Mississippi, Federal troops under General Andrew Jackson Smith repulse an attack by General Nathan Bedford Forrest.

1933   Nazi Germany promulgates the Law for the Protection of Hereditary Health–the begining of the Euthanasia program.

1940   A force of German bombers attacks Suez, Egypt, from bases in Crete.

1945   American battleships and cruisers bombard the Japanese home islands for the first time.

1951   The George Washington Carver National Monument in Joplin, Missouri becomes the first national park honoring an African American.

The United States sends 600 more troops to Vietnam.

Born on July 14

1912   Woodrow Wilson "Woody" Guthrie, American folk sing

1913   Gerald Ford, 38th President of the United States (1974-1977).

Back